Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Some bugs i found.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Posession

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:02 pm

1. Mana spike levels don't save. (Might as well check the other new spells)
2. Slide transports you farther then 2x crack and 2x windwalk, possible even farther.
3. One quest didn't give experience or gold. (Edit: Found more then one but i'm too lazy to write it down so hopefuly someone will post it)
4. Freezing Orb probably doesn't work. [Edit: The double damage Frost Nova explosion actually does no damage (Maxed Frost Nova, Freeze and Freezing orb)]
5. Skeleton Mages Arcane Bolts don't do any damage. (Edit: Even if it is not based on essence for them it still does no damage.)
6. There were some grammar problems with the mage killing quest in the middle of the war zone.
7. Thunderstorm seems to have a chance of not working. Ran around the NPC heroes with thunderstorm on and the duration just ran out eventually and later tried the same thing it nuked every hero quite fast.
8. Slide is annoying/impossible to control.
9. The Hells Summoning summons have abilities that only say tooltip missing.
10. Infernal is really weak for 400 mana cost.

Post any bugs here and i will edit the first post, then there won't be a thousand threads the read.

Last edited by Belial on Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Ice Slide also is hard to control and makes you take increased damage. (Which btw, it should still end the increased damage when the spell ends in my opinion.)
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:09 am

1. Mana spike levels don't save. (Might as well check the other new spells)
Ive been looking into this one.

2. Slide transports you farther then 2x crack and 2x windwalk, possible even farther.
Its supposed to.

3. One quest didn't give experience or gold. (Don't rembember which)
Which? Did it give a skill point instead?

4. Freezing Orb probably doesn't work. (I might be wrong.)
Check before you complain first.

5. Skeleton Mages Arcane Bolts don't do any damage. (Because it's based on essence and they have no essence)
Seperate abilities, skeles magic missile is not based on essence.

6. There were some grammar problems with the mage killing quest in the middle of the war zone.
Grammar Nazi
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

Continuing where Rhys left off...

7. It rapidly strikes in random directions from your hero outward. So, it's vastly more likely to hit something that is close to you than something that is far away.

8. I think it's ok. If you can find a moment when your opponent isn't going to nuke you to death for the increased damage, you can learn to control it and chase them down. Good for running or chasing. Although it does still feel like something is missing from the spell. (I can't quite put my finger on it or suggest a fix for it yet though.)

9. I'm sure that can be fixed next version.

10. Infernal is fine. A Dark mage can basically spam them if they do it right, but in any case the aoe damage and stun are also part of that 400. Your looking at probably at least 200 aoe damage with some stun and an additional 100-200 damage from the Infernal attacking the hero of your choice while it's stunned. Then after that, you get a powerful summon. So, I think the mana cost is justified.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:15 pm

I was next to the NPC heroes and it hit nothing until the duration(90 sec) ran out. It should hit something every 1.5 seconds.

I added number 8 because you suggested it....

Well the only way to spam Infernals is by abusing the book swiching and even then level 1 infernal is better for it, so i just though that leveling it up should not fill you with regret. (Yea i was stupid and wasted my points on Infernal skill, should have just let it be level 1 Sad )
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Well, you do have a point there. The mana cost increase on Infernals is pretty intense. Maybe it shouldn't increase so much on the higher levels.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 pm

7. Thunderstorm seems to have a chance of not working. Ran around the NPC heroes with thunderstorm on and the duration just ran out eventually and later tried the same thing it nuked every hero quite fast.
Have not noticed this, I personally ran a lightning mage twice in testing the new version and i never encountered this issue. Ill look into the code to see if its a problem but unless this happens again im going to chalk it up to a glitch.

8. Slide is annoying/impossible to control.
I agree I never liked the spell and would like to see a good new Ice Spell suggestion soon.

9. The Hells Summoning summons have abilities that only say tooltip missing.
Ill have to look into that.

It was nerfed to all hell because of the toggle infernal combo that devastated the game for a long time. Changes to the Spell or Remakes to the spell should be suggested.

On a Side Note #2,4,5,8,9,10 are all non bug issues and more of a balance issue.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Quote :
It was nerfed to all hell because of the toggle infernal combo that devastated the game for a long time. Changes to the Spell or Remakes to the spell should be suggested.

My bad Razz. I agree that maybe a remake of the spell should be made, because right now - it just means you can use your points elsewhere as it's BETTER for spamming at low levels. You can still spam infernals and nothing is changed - just the level of doing so means you get worse infernals. And if you're just using one or two - then they're crappy as hell. Take an Icy Orb in comparison to an Infernal. Spammed Icy is not only easier with Kiss & Absorb, but a hell of a lot more devastating.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:31 pm

mmm I agree completely. many things have changed including viable strategies like infernal toggle. I have no issue with re-balancing past balanced abilities.

I will look into the infernal issue and see what i can come up with. If there is a specific fix to this that you guys are thinking then post it now.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Since Infernal toggle is less of an issue now, maybe the mana cost could be decreased.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 4:33 am

Okay... I'm confused about Belial's complaint about thunder storm. He keeps saying NPC heroes... well... isn't lightning strike supposed to *ignore* NPC heroes? I would be more annoyed if lightning strike *was* hitting NPC heroes than not hitting them.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 12:04 pm

NPC as in Paladin/Archer/Knight AFAIK.

Well - a solution (A hard one though) is scaling summons in general with stats, but I think this is actually too hard to do properly without much gain. I would say for now a quick-fix buff, and I'll see what I can come up with?

I assume you want the Stun/Summon theme to stay?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Your Character

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 5:37 pm

I like that idea. If all summons scale with stats Raise Dead will get a buff as well. If that's too hard they could also scale with the troops upgrade level.

The stun and damage isn't that good really, since Dark has no spells that needs the opponent stunned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some bugs i found. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some bugs i found.   Some bugs i found. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some bugs i found.
Page 1 of 1