Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Weakest Element

Go down 
+8
Balnazzar
diaster
Jay.J
nosobi
jeffthepony
SinisteRing
Dragonheart91
Rhys
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What Is The Weakest Element?
Dark
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Earth
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Fire
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Holy
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Ice
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lightning
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap52%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
Water
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Wind
The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%The Weakest Element - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

The Weakest Element - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:34 pm

I've already made my suggestion to you, and I realize you might not be able to code it but meh...here it is for others to see. Maybe spark some new ideas.

Polarity - Debuffs a target. Thunderstorm charges are more likely to hit this target by 10%. Lightning strikes will stun the target by 1 second if this debuff is on them. Does 10% more damage from all spells if this debuff is on them. Single Target cast.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:51 pm

That should have a longish casting range, low cooldown, and lowish mana cost. Like 1000 range, 50 cost, and 10 second cooldown. It would also be cool if it stacked multiple times, although then it would probably need a bit of a range nerf down to like 850 or something.

What about my idea of a reverse Chain Lightning? I know it's kinda generic, but it is really a strategic ability to use. I guess I'll brainstorm more ideas if you want.

For Thunderbolt, what about just making it a simple aoe ability. 5*Power in 250 aoe with a 2 second channel. Also purges everything in 500 aoe.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Polarize - 100 mana
20 second cd
1 second cast
You energies target foe to have the same charge as you. The target can come no closer then 100/200/300 to you and is pushed back if they try.

Charge - 60/40/20 mana
2/1/0 second cd
1/2 second cast
The user stores up energy. Every time this is cast the amount of energy charged increases by 1 to a max of 2/3/4. The next spell cast does your charge level times 10 percent more damage. buffs last 30 seconds from last cast.

(if this comes out lightning spells should be weakened across the board, but if each spell is fully charged all spells cast once should be able to do 6kish dmg and using this plus thunder bolt would make thunder bolt useful.)

Lightning Rod - 120/140/160
10/12/14 second cd
1 second cast
The user causes the point to become polarized to draw lightning to it. At random intervals lightning will strike the rod dealing 3/4/5*power damage to a 300 area. 3/4/5 bolts will strike the rod over 10 seconds.

@ Jay: with thunder storms new structure that can't really be done. And really only lightning spells should do more damage not all spells.

Last edited by diaster on Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Lightning Rod is rather imba if you will look at it.

25*Power in 300 aoe over 10 seconds.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:49 pm

Its about the concept not the numbers and heres another spell idea

Lightning Arc - 70/50/30
4/3/2 second cd
1 second cast
The user builds up energy, each cast adding another level to their charge up to 4/5/6 charges. When the mage comes within charge level * 100 of a enemy mage, the mage turns into a lightning bolt striking the mage for 2/3/4*power damage and reappears next to the mage. The charges last up to 30 seconds for the last cast.

(I'd vote for this to replace crack if it were to be considered to be added since you can't really control where lightning jumps I think this fits the element much better and gives them another nuke.)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:02 pm

The concept doesn't work either. It's a non-channeled version of Flame Strike with irregular waves.

Lightning Arc is kinda interesting, but a bit too similar to Windwalk and a bit too much of ANOTHER close-range nuke.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Alright, I do see what you mean, I suppose its not a very good/fair spell.

For Lightning Arc you could alter the way the charges work, so maybe 1 cast gives 2 charges and the max charges allowed is 10, so at 10 you could get pretty far with the spell, and wind walk you can control where you go, can't do the same with this one, and wind walk isn't instant like this would be. I also have to say I don't understand why wind walk does damage, and the fact it does almost as much damage as whirlwind...but that's for another thread.

Edit: I have rather simple ways to make all these spells rhys so if you want to make one and are not sure where to start, send me a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Enervating Charge : Caster AOE

Sends 3 Charges of Electricity around the mage that Randomly Move in Different Directions and Split up.

Level 1 : Charges Move 300 Units Dealing 2.0 * Power Damage to A 75 Aoe Location where it Lands.
Level 2 : Charges Move 400 Units Then Split into Two New Charges Once Dealing 3.0 * Power Damage to A 75 Aoe Location where they Land.
Level 3 : Charges Move 500 Units Then Split into Two New Charges Twice Dealing 4.0 * Power Damage to A 75 Aoe Location where they Land.

Maximum Possible range of 1500 Around Caster.
21 Total Charges Are Created At Level 3.
Charges Act completely randomly which may cause erratic effects.
Charges will stack damage on units: For Example : Original Charge Flies out 400 Units dealing Damage to a 75 Aoe. The First Split off goes Directly North and Directly South at the Same time going off on there own courses now randomly. When they Land they Deal a 75 Aoe to there respective Locations and then split off randomly again but happen to both send one of there charges directly south and north having both come back to the original landing spot dealing two fresh charges worth of damage for a total of 12.0*Power. This scenario is highly unlikely but could potentially happen.

Also a Spin Off of this could include simply making the Damage caused by collision and not landing in a different Aoe every jump (my original thought is that it is jumping from location to location going over the heads of anyone in its path)

Anyways that's what i was thinking for a spell, Ive had some trouble making it and I cant find any graphics of a Jumping Lightning I guess youd call it.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 7:24 pm

It seems very random damage wise - I thought we were trying to avoid that?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

Yeah, I would prefer if it fired forward and the charges split and activated when they hit something or at the end of their aoe splitting at 45degree angles. So, it would be kind of like a tree. At the end of the tree it's hitting a wide area. Like this:

|
/ \
/ \/ \

So, if your at the correct spot 1500 range out and the spell didn't hit anything before that point, you would be hit by 2 hits for a total of 8*Power. (Where the two shots converge in the middle.) The rest of the area is just going to be doing 4*Power. It would also be a decent aoe spell if a bit too spread out and only good from certain ranges.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Ya gotta say i don't care for it much rhys, I'd much rather see charge replace lightning elemental. but lemme see if i can think up some other spells...

Energizing Charge 100/120/140 mana
5 sec cd
1 second cast
Hit unit takes 1/1.5/2*power damage and gains the Energized buff. A unit hit with a lightning spell that has the Energized buff takes and extra 10% damage and loses the buff. The target stays energized for 60 seconds.

(the spell would use the same hit method as lightning strike.)

Comments on any of my spells would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 12:54 pm

I just thought of inspiration. I'll just copy some Zatch Bell spells lol.

A piercing Lightning strike. It hits multiple enemies in a line. Does less damage each hit, but reduces armor to everything hit by 10. (Not really an interesting MM&M spell, it would probably just be like Shockwave with a debuff attached.)

A spell that creates a shield in the target location which lasts about 10 seconds or until a spell hits it. It reflects any projectile spells that hit it and sends them back with an electric charge that does 1/2/3*Power in addition to the spells normal damage.

A self-buff that silences yourself from casting other spells, but gives you greatly increased movement speed and attack damage.

A large summoning spell that is channeled and sort of combines a nuke and a summoning. Maybe something similar to Dragon of the Darkness Flame from Anime Fight.

A spell that goes in a straight line traveling fairly slowly with a purge animation or something. Any enemy hit by this takes increased damage from Lightning spells for 20 seconds, and it does stack multiple times.

A spell which magnetizes any enemy hit causing them to be "stuck" to the nearest unit. The two units may not move apart, and will end up holding still if they aren't walking in the same direction.

Summons a mini-gun of sorts that shoots lightning bolts in the targeted direction at high speeds. Each shot is low damage but it shoots many times. Channeled and/or short duration.

Just some randomness. Gotta go now.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

zatch bell? seriously? They have the weirdest spells...I draw inspiration from guild wars and the true nature of lightning.

Conjure Lightning 150/175/200 mana
10 second cd
1 second cast
Causes the mages attacks to draw lightning causing his attack to have a 25% chance of causing the target to be hit by lightning for 3*power damage.

Glimmering Mark - Passive
Whenever you hit a target with a lightning spell you leave then with a glimmering mark that slowly discharges the energy from your spell dealing .5*power damage sec second to them for 3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:02 pm

Glimmering Mark - Passive
Whenever you hit a target with a lightning spell you leave then with a glimmering mark that slowly discharges the energy from your spell dealing .5*power damage sec second to them for 3 seconds.

BEAST MOOOOODEE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Element   The Weakest Element - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Weakest Element
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2