Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Island Security

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Island Security   Island Security EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:59 pm

It's happened like... too many times for me =\. I (and my allies) are on an elemental island, doing a quest , when we figure out we took a little bit too much. There is virtually NO escape. In fact, there's really no escape most of the time, and its not like its that preventable. U only have 500 hp heal potions and no very good melee support for after the war >.>. I think that there should be some form of security on the islands, like a shop, or maybe a moon well like on the main island. Maybe even like, a footman hire-unit something that can keep the fire off of you.

Maybe, you could even have those creeps on the island who give u jobs help you out. (Thanks for helping me kill those heretics! Wha-? Help you? HAHAHAHAHAHA) Maybe give them support spells for your mage, or perhaps even help you fight. Please implement something.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:10 pm

There is a Creep Hire Shop.

Also many do not realize that I spent a vast majority of the last few updates on the RPG section of the Game. The Quests alone took forever. I altered many aspects of the creeps, there strengths, abilities, stats in general. All to make the Rpg scale harder and remain a challenge later into the game while still being beatable in the earlier stages. I made a Boss for the RPG section but I disliked it greatly because I could not get it to scale the way I wanted to. Im actually still working on that one so If I get it right youll know about it.
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Rhys wrote:
There is a Creep Hire Shop.

Also many do not realize that I spent a vast majority of the last few updates on the RPG section of the Game. The Quests alone took forever. I altered many aspects of the creeps, there strengths, abilities, stats in general. All to make the Rpg scale harder and remain a challenge later into the game while still being beatable in the earlier stages. I made a Boss for the RPG section but I disliked it greatly because I could not get it to scale the way I wanted to. Im actually still working on that one so If I get it right youll know about it.

The creeps, along with your food limit, aren't that great. maybe if there was a way to increase the food limit.....

I understand that you need to keep the rpg challenging, but again, I think that you should make creep shops on the islands. Put moon wells there too, something that will give you half a Popsicle's chance in hell when you need to get out.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean the fire island, dark island, etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:19 pm

LOL

Alright I will look into a Creep Shop for Each Island.
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Rhys wrote:
LOL

Alright I will look into a Creep Shop for Each Island.

Moon wells or NPC support would be nice as well... or potion shops too Very Happy.

Also, could you put the 'combat consumables' in places that u could get to w/o a druid for the RPG

EDIT: Or to help you run, I think the mages should just get a universal boost in Movespeed. Like, base MS be 250
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:26 pm

Quote :
EDIT: Or to help you run, I think the mages should just get a universal boost in Movespeed. Like, base MS be 250

Someone been talking to you?
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:27 pm

Rhys wrote:
Quote :

Someone been talking to you?

Eh? I just think that the mages are slow as shit. Y?
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

MMMMMM No Reason. No Reason At All.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:35 pm

Rhys wrote:

MMMMMM No Reason. No Reason At All.

This has been brought up before, huh? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 4:58 pm

Somewhat, but that's not what he is talking about.

P.S. No Rhys, I didn't blab. He asked and I denied him. And for future reference, if you want me to keep a secret you have to tell me before hand. Any conversation with me that doesn't involve the sentence "and keep this just between us" or something similar most likely will be shared with the forum.

On-Topic: If your going to go to the trouble of putting a creep shop on each island, you could make it interesting like selling unique creeps for each island. Also, I'm not opposed to the previous suggestions of having something you could buy each game at your main farm to increase your food limit. Although if people really need tanks, 12 gold for a set of Druid of the Claw gives you some pretty dang impressive tanking units.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:24 pm

I do like the unique creeps for each island idea. Id go so far as to make weakness's and strengths for each islands creeps, for instance a water hired creep will be inherently stronger at the fire island but weaker at the ice island.
Back to top Go down
Walking_Death
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Rhys wrote:
I do like the unique creeps for each island idea. Id go so far as to make weakness's and strengths for each islands creeps, for instance a water hired creep will be inherently stronger at the fire island but weaker at the ice island.

Also, I know how much you like to include all creeps in quests. I think that the trolls on Main isle need a quest. Also, theres still no Murloc Plaugebearer.

Also, for those long dragging aos parts, I think that players should be able to resign or even surrender at some point, just the concept.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:30 pm

I've actually noted down all the creeps that need to be killed for all the quests in the game, i havent actually checked to see if they are all there.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:54 pm

PlagueBearer was not in game but will be in The next Version replacing two Unit spawns on the water island.

Apologies to anyone this annoyed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Island Security Empty
PostSubject: Re: Island Security   Island Security Empty

Back to top Go down

Island Security
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: