Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How much AI is too much AI?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

How much AI is too much AI? Empty
PostSubject: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm

For the most part, I'm going to keep the AI to a minimum, adding passive effects to promote a more balanced stat build.

However, when adding AI to the spiders, I couldn't help but need to throw in some intelligence, actually targeting the most valuable living Metacian when certain criterion are met. Most of the other early waves have had some "effects" added, but they still do not do such intelligent things.

I guess my question, is at what round ( orcs, dragons, or earlier ) should the AI really start to shine?
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:59 pm

my vote is for dragons, since orcs are suppose to be stupid, but strong. Dragons got the best of all worlds Razz
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm

diaster wrote:
my vote is for dragons, since orcs are suppose to be stupid, but strong. Dragons got the best of all worlds Razz
Ok, but what kind of AI? Should they all just attack the Metacian with the most "aggro"? Should they go for the Paladin once they get close to him? How far should the intelligence go? How difficult should it be?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:37 pm

I think that every wave should be intelligent in it's own way but predictable. For instance, you could have Orcs who just blindly rush forward attack, or Dragons that target the Paladin unless enough aggro is put on them.

So, don't make the enemies unpredictable, but do make them at least semi-intelligent if possible. (Although many waves can have a standardized AI priority, it would be nice to have some that were more interesting. Especially in the later levels like say after Dragons.)
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I don't think any AI should ever target the paladin. It's hard enough as it is keeping him alive. I do think that certain waves should target players differently. Like a feedback wave targeting the one with the most mana, or a stun wave targetting the ones woth the most power.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:54 pm

That was just an example. Your ideas are better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much AI is too much AI?   How much AI is too much AI? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much AI is too much AI?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: