Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Most Frustrating Thing

Go down 
+6
The_Angel
Lagger09
Jay.J
BashAndSmash
Balnazzar
SinisteRing
10 posters

What's the most frustrating?
Playing with noobs who don't have a clue
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap15%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Having an uncooperative team
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap19%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Having to type a lot
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap7%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Having a bad team leader
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap4%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Having no team leader
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap4%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Being outpicked
 7% [ 2 ]
Being countered
 7% [ 2 ]
Being held down all game
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap15%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
Being targeted
Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_lcap22%Most Frustrating Thing I_vote_rcap
 22% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Most Frustrating Thing Empty
PostSubject: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:46 am

Me and Jay have a debate after every DotA game we play against eachother, deciding on who lost us the game. Therefore, we need to vote on exactly what is the most frustrating thing about playing maps with others.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:49 am

Those arguements of yours after playing a DoTA game, they are frustrating and spammy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 am

You forgot: Playing with douchebags who take Dota too seriously.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 12:11 pm

Rofl, I don't debate with you. You're such a typical DotA player that it amuses me (And most people in channel) to just mess around with you. You ALWAYS, ALWAYS ALWAYS have an excuse. You can never say "Good game, we got outplayed". You can never just admit that you're not as good as you think you are. You put yourself on a pedestal and think you're good because you know people and play with people that are better than you and me both and think because I don't play with them that their greatness rubs off on your or something. You're not that good though. I don't mean to be mean, but seriously - you're SUCH a cocky player and a sore loser.

Seriously, you told me to leave as we have no chance because of a few kills and LOST. I understand how that makes you feel. You talk shit and LOSE. Like absolutely every time.

THAT is the most frustrating thing. Talking shit and not being able to back it up. So stop talking shit, and humble and modest yourself.

So my votes not there. The most frustrating thing (For ypu) is talking shit without being able to back it up and feeling conflicted. For me (Not really since it amuses me, you'd be surprised at the whispers I get from people who are in the channel) it's you not realizing that you're not that good and always blaming others or some situation that isn't game breaking.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 1:10 pm

You should add the "playing DotA" option as the most frusterating thing about DotA.
Back to top Go down
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Rofl, I don't debate with you. You're such a typical DotA player that it amuses me (And most people in channel) to just mess around with you. You ALWAYS, ALWAYS ALWAYS have an excuse. You can never say "Good game, we got outplayed". You can never just admit that you're not as good as you think you are. You put yourself on a pedestal and think you're good because you know people and play with people that are better than you and me both and think because I don't play with them that their greatness rubs off on your or something. You're not that good though. I don't mean to be mean, but seriously - you're SUCH a cocky player and a sore loser.

Seriously, you told me to leave as we have no chance because of a few kills and LOST. I understand how that makes you feel. You talk shit and LOSE. Like absolutely every time.

THAT is the most frustrating thing. Talking shit and not being able to back it up. So stop talking shit, and humble and modest yourself.

So my votes not there. The most frustrating thing (For ypu) is talking shit without being able to back it up and feeling conflicted. For me (Not really since it amuses me, you'd be surprised at the whispers I get from people who are in the channel) it's you not realizing that you're not that good and always blaming others or some situation that isn't game breaking.

Hes really only a cocky player when he knows we are going to win, well at least when I play with him. But it's true that he never admits that he loses. He always tries to blame it on something, then we get into this big argument, blah blah blah, etc. The only cases where I've seen him talk trash is when someone is talking trash back at him.. so, my vote isn't there either.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:03 pm

I blame B.Net for being bad.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:06 pm

See, you always blame something. Never got my point. Humble up. Get some modesty. Admit you lose because you get outplayed. Stop blaming other people. It's a TERRIBLE habit to acquire. It's a life skill that you need to gain so you can carry it on in to real life situations.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 2:13 pm

I still blame B.Net. I always do bad on B.Net, then beast on Garena.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Primary Move: Posession

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 1:23 am

Lagger09 wrote:
You should add the "playing DotA" option as the most frusterating thing about DotA.

Yea you should really add that as an option Smile
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:06 am

Or a Sinister option.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 7:41 am

I only picked uncooperative team for these reasons:

If they're not cooperating with you, then they should be on the opposing team. And if they're not cooperating with them, either, then they should be kicked.

Playing with noobs, this I can stand. We were all a noob, once. Be the guy that allowed you to stay, even if you were a big noob, not the guy that was a jerk and kicked you.

Having to type a lot, I do this, anyways. Doesn't matter.

Having a bad team leader? omg? Get a new one? XD

Having NO team leader? omg? This isn't rocket science, jeesh. Can't select a new one? Get a better map that can.

Being out-picked. You're too slow. Either get better internet connection, or better mouse skills. It's your fault, either way.

Being countered is extremely frustrating, but it's part of the game. If there was no countering, then the map would be extremely unbalanced. Keep this in mind when playing, even if I get frustrated, (which, I try extremely hard not to; it's just a game), I think the map would be really lame without it.

Being held-down all game...I am unsure of what this means. Go kick some creep butts, and level up and own? -.-

Being targeted is sometimes good, because they'll go to extrodinary lengths to kill you, but most of the time, (assuming they're as good as you), they'll die.

So, although some of these are frustrating, they are a natural part of the game. The only part that shouldn't be included is an uncooperative team/player.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:11 am

Quote :

Sometimes no one is capable of "Leading the team to victory". No one steps up and says "Alright let's get X first" or "We should start ganking Y" and everyone does their own thing uncoordinately.

Quote :
Having NO team leader? omg? This isn't rocket science, jeesh. Can't select a new one? Get a better map that can.

Same thing, no one steps up....and everyone does their own thing farming and then just fuck up in team battles.

Quote :
Being out-picked. You're too slow. Either get better internet connection, or better mouse skills. It's your fault, either way.
Not when the mode is -Rd or League pick (I forget the actual mode).

Quote :
Being held-down all game...I am unsure of what this means. Go kick some creep butts, and level up and own? -.-
Being denied, ganked and in general picked on. Really it means you're being outplayed if you can't stand it or get your teammates to help you out. You have them for a reason right?
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:23 am

Jay.J wrote:
Quote :

Sometimes no one is capable of "Leading the team to victory". No one steps up and says "Alright let's get X first" or "We should start ganking Y" and everyone does their own thing uncoordinately.

Quote :

Same thing, no one steps up....and everyone does their own thing farming and then just fuck up in team battles.

Quote :
Not when the mode is -Rd or League pick (I forget the actual mode).

Quote :
Being denied, ganked and in general picked on. Really it means you're being outplayed if you can't stand it or get your teammates to help you out. You have them for a reason right?

Durr, bump. I never saw your post.

1. Get better players? If nobody can be the one that creates tactics, tells their team what to do, etc, then make a map that doesn't need it?

2. I have no idea what RD or League pick is.

3. You can easily use this to your advantage. If a player follows you around the map just to get you mad and kill you/messing you up, do it the smart way. Go to places that they won't be of any use to anybody. This is generally beneficial to the rest of your team. (edit) assuming you put up enough of a fight that it doesn't last only three seconds, geek
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 6:52 am

noob =/= newbie

I think the most frustrating thing is a compilation, like basically when I get disable-locked and ganked, or things like I'm getting attacked and my ally (at full health) runs away. Those are the kinds of stupid things. Um... I'm going to need a list...
-disable-locked
-ganks (repeated ganks are most annoying, especially with disables and no "mia's")
-instant deaths (similar to disable-lock; think lina inverse, slayer, where I can't even react)
-stupid allies (run at the wrong time, attack at the wrong time, and feed)
-leavers (e.g. 5v3 and they were already winning)

Newbies should join "Dota -arem Noob Only" games.

MOST annoying:
-Overcompetetive, egotistic dota-fanatics, or people who just blame everyone else; one game I played with a person who said "kuro talks too much" when they talked more than me, and one game pink said "my allies are all NOOBS" when they had 1-6 (their allies had better kd ratios though.
-Blatantly (hypocritical) Blamers (refer to above; people who blame others for their faults)

Most annoying (summary):
-things that make me feel helpless (disables D:)
-people who are jerks

Most of the time I can let things go. But if someone is repeatedly a jerk or the opposing team can't do anything but gank I get mad.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:41 am

Quote :
MOST annoying:
-Overcompetetive, egotistic dota-fanatics, or people who just blame everyone else; one game I played with a person who said "kuro talks too much" when they talked more than me, and one game pink said "my allies are all NOOBS" when they had 1-6 (their allies had better kd ratios though.
-Blatantly (hypocritical) Blamers (refer to above; people who blame others for their faults)

So Sin? Smile
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:07 pm

By blatantly hypocritical I mean

"My allies are FRICKING NOOBZ GG"

...when they're the worst person on their team.

If its the best person on the team that's saying that then it's not as bad.

Still, though, sometimes the opposition is just a bit better. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Frustrating Thing   Most Frustrating Thing Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Frustrating Thing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: