Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sickest teacher ever

Go down 
+3
Piddagoras
Jay.J
RapidFireOmega
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

Sickest teacher ever Empty
PostSubject: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Alright, so I take this class called multimedia for web or whatever, its pretty much just learning how to do flash animations, but we just play games all the time, which the teachers cool with. Ive had him for 2 years now and all we do is play games on the macs and all he does is either play games or watch youtube videos all period. But anyway me and 2 friends put a bunch of games on the comps and play LAN parties (we got starcraft on there ftw). So we were playing this first person shooter LAN today and he comes over behind us and watches us for like 5 minutes. I was doing shitty cuz i kept falling off the map. But he tells me to move over, so i get up and he sits down and he starts RAPING. I mean like kicking ass. It was hilarious. So I went to the library to chill with this girl and he took over for me for the rest of the period. FTW.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:32 pm

Lol sounds amazing. On one hand that's awesome, on the other what a terrible education Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm

Sounds like the reason America is failing at education even though we keep throwing money at it, besides misguided teacher activism and creep teachers. Of course it all falls under the category of "its too hard to fire teachers for inadequate performance".

Not saying having an incredibly easy A isn't a fun experience for the students.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 11:15 pm

It's hard to judge adequate performance. By coming in the teacher completely changes their attitude of a normal classroom. Unlike university, student ratings don't work as if they're a "Bitch marker" they'll get ranked lower. Hard to get a good and accurate evaluation of a teacher. Student evaluation doesn't work, self evaluation doesn't work, and neither does administrative. At least not in public schools. At least, not unless you had an administrator always watch you while you're teaching.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:07 am

It is the greatest class ever though.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 am

It's the greatest chill time ever. Class involves learning Razz. I loved those kind of classes though....Where teachers didn't care. Bird courses Smile
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:45 pm

With the reduction of tenior, or however its spelled, to three years, it impossible to fire a teacher unless the break the law, literally. I have a teacher that is only still able to teach because of that reason, she's terrible, and waaaay to bad at not expressing her own opinions in class. Even for a history teacher. i think atm in CA at least if you teach for 3 years you get tenior and you only be fired if you break the law. You can not teach your students at all, and every student can fail all of either your testing or standarized testing, and they can't be fired. woot for unions!
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 8:10 pm

its dependent, some bird classes are that way cause they don't have to teach a whole lot and they can get in what they have to in such a short time they leave a lot of time for fun, those classes are the best, personally i find classes that do nothing boring cause i have other things i rather be doing then surfing the web on the schools computer.
Back to top Go down
Coverzin
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:22 am

Lagger09 wrote:
With the reduction of tenior, or however its spelled, to three years, it impossible to fire a teacher unless the break the law, literally. I have a teacher that is only still able to teach because of that reason, she's terrible, and waaaay to bad at not expressing her own opinions in class. Even for a history teacher. i think atm in CA at least if you teach for 3 years you get tenior and you only be fired if you break the law. You can not teach your students at all, and every student can fail all of either your testing or standarized testing, and they can't be fired. woot for unions!

Teachers with tenure can be fired, it is just a lengthy process involving lots of paperwork.
Back to top Go down
The_Cool_Bal
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
The_Cool_Bal

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Hypnosis (Yes, I started reading about it)

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 6:38 am

ROFL, RAPID, that's so awesome and hilarious. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sickest teacher ever   Sickest teacher ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Sickest teacher ever
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: