Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers Empty
PostSubject: Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers   Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I was forced to download the new patch last night and like usual with blizzard and wc3 patches it totally screwed up everything. It took me a bit to figure out what the hell was going on but I got it to work smoothly again, i just have to have a few extra steps in the process now.

Lucky for me I save a backup copy of the default worldedit.exe

Basically for me anyways what i have to do now is switch over the WorldEdit.exe for the actual one I use when I make the map and then when I want to play wc3 I have to then change the names around and put in the default worldedit.exe so that wc3 does not blow up. In any event I have the new patched version and the old version for Newgen. NewGen apparently even though its separate file completely calls for check sums to the original world edit in the wc3 folder which causes the NewGen to blow up now every time you open it after you download and update into wc3 patch 1.23

If Sin, Pyth, or Zync are having these issues and have been unable to find the appropriate files to continue what your doing then let me know on msn and Ill send you the files needed.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers   Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Only noobs don't back up their files when overwriting them for patches. Due to last patch, yes, I saved it. I was successfully able to overwrite my existing version of worldedit.exe, and then keep it that way by downloading the newest version of NewGen.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

Warcraft 3 Patch - What it Means For Map Makers
Page 1 of 1