Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b Empty
PostSubject: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:36 am

This is kind of the "first" version of the "actual" game. It's most of the framework that my original concept incorporated. This includes:

• Fully equipping items, multiple Shot functionality and Sets
  • Good AI, from spell decisions to attack behavior handled uniquely and individually
  • Multiple playing styles, including Friendly Fire and Hardcore modes, as well as Skip (none of which is currently documented well)
  • Multiple wave group possibilities
  • A 100% trigger-based damage system for damage manipulation and control
  • A fully dynamic spawn system, using player number, Gunner levels, and other factors to calculate the perfect difficulty for every game, regardless of who leaves.

Things to come/improve:

• Many more Shots and Set items
  • Adding Easy/Normal/Hard game modes, to manipulate the number of spawns per wave
  • Increase wave group variety as well as the number of waves before Infernals
  • Drop-only-items, earned through various interactions with with enemy units (not just killing them)

Those are the things I came up with off the top of my head. Hope you enjoy!
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 5:01 pm

I know I sound like a broken record, but is there a fully-implemented way for PvP? Not just Friendly Fire, it's not exactly PvP, because it is really just PvE with an added hard element.

I really think that a full-fledged PvP is pretty much required at this stage. =/
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Nope, and I don't plan on it at the moment.

Fell free to start a poll or something, and if you get enough support, I will put it on my list. But it's not high priority, because the game is made to be a Defense game. I don't know how to balance a PvP game with the possibility of level 99 Gunners with level 1 Gunners.

The one idea I have thought of is some kind of simplified version of the game, more like Paint Ball. But otherwise I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:50 pm

The fix is simple. Disable save/load in the mode until you figure out something better.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 6:32 am

SinisteRing wrote:
The fix is simple. Disable save/load in the mode until you figure out something better.
No ... save/load is the design of the game. To say removing it would lead to something better only shows that you do not understand the game. If everyone had to use new heroes, 99% of the game would be lost (along with 99.99% of its functionality). In fact, you SHOULD be able to make this map that you're referring to in a weekend.

I mean in all seriousness, just go play a Warlocks map.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal And Magic Beta 6.3b
Page 1 of 1