Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DOTA Spinoffs Continue...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

DOTA Spinoffs Continue... Empty
PostSubject: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:09 pm

I got an e-mail from a website entitled "League of Legends," which is basically another DOTA spinoff. The interesting thing, however, was not this fact. The more intriguing thing is that I was apparently referred by someone whose name I have never seen or heard of. I suppose my e-mail address wouldn't be too hard to find/randomly type up, but I was actually wondering if someone here used any e-mail/account information to try to bolster his/her numbers for the beta sign up. Yes, this does sound slightly paranoid, but I'm curious if any users here are named ______... and by any users, I mean people who might know other people's e-mail through this forum... because I have no idea how someone else got me e-mail. Anyone else have some conspiracy theories they'd like to throw out?
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:36 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
I got an e-mail from a website entitled "League of Legends," which is basically another DOTA spinoff. The interesting thing, however, was not this fact. The more intriguing thing is that I was apparently referred by someone whose name I have never seen or heard of. I suppose my e-mail address wouldn't be too hard to find/randomly type up, but I was actually wondering if someone here used any e-mail/account information to try to bolster his/her numbers for the beta sign up. Yes, this does sound slightly paranoid, but I'm curious if any users here are named ______... and by any users, I mean people who might know other people's e-mail through this forum... because I have no idea how someone else got me e-mail. Anyone else have some conspiracy theories they'd like to throw out?

That's me. I actually didn't need to add anyone's email. I emailed them with am already used beta key saying it didn't work, and I got a new one.

Edited your post, so people don't know my name.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 pm

So why did you use it if you didn't need it?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Jay.J wrote:
So why did you use it if you didn't need it?
Everyone on vent told me to get register, and i added all the emails. Then they were like oh take this beta key and email them.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:33 pm

They got you doing that? Lame. They're trying to get you into a copy of DotA. You probably wouldn't like it based on your taste in games, but furthermore it's not nearly as good as Heroes of Newerth.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:29 am

Rightio... at least that answers that question. I would have figured this would be sin's doing but DBC... hmmm okay. I kind of BSed that beta key thing because I wanted to. Told them I like moonlit hikes up sheer cliff faces to test my ninja skills... okay, that's partly true, but it's still BS for a beta key.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Moonlit? I think the day time would be way better. Moonlit is just romantic, not....fun. Though I guess testing your "ninja skills" would be better at night. Anywho....Another case foiled. And he probably would have gotten away with it if you wasn't for the meddling kids and their stinking dog.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:26 pm

The idea was to start it sounding cliche like long moonlit walks "on the beach" but then dash that cliche to several metaphorical bits by the end. Scooby Doo is the new black, it fits in any situation.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:17 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
They got you doing that? Lame. They're trying to get you into a copy of DotA. You probably wouldn't like it based on your taste in games, but furthermore it's not nearly as good as Heroes of Newerth.

Actually, I like League of Legends, and more then Heroes of Newerth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DOTA Spinoffs Continue...   DOTA Spinoffs Continue... Empty

Back to top Go down

DOTA Spinoffs Continue...
Page 1 of 1