Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Awesome.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Combustion-

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:25 am

Great, I believe I now have hypnogogic hallucinations and I know I have sleep paralysis, along with lucid dreams. Ahhh, sleeping is just so incredible. [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:04 pm

....What? You might have to explain hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis to some of the less knowledgeable. such as myself. But it sounds like you are TRIPPIN out man. What, do you go to bed blazed or something?
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 2:12 pm

RapidFireOmega wrote:
....What? You might have to explain hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis to some of the less knowledgeable. such as myself. But it sounds like you are TRIPPIN out man. What, do you go to bed blazed or something?

The two are common, I'm not sure about the hallucination thing, I may just being having very vivid dreams. And no, I don't and never have been blazed, drugs are for the weak.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 am

Seconded on that opinion, and your mind does some pretty wierd shit when you go to bed, doesn't it? Probably would be cool to experience one of these vivid dreams or "hallucinations" if thats the best word for them.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 2:50 am

One of the students in my psychology class did dreams for his end of class poster board assignment. He experimented with how to trigger lucid dreams by changing how people lie in bed while sleeping, what they ate before going to bed, stuff like that.

His results were thus: 2 teaspoons of mustard(Ick!) before going to bed and setting the alarm so you wake up 1-2 hours before you normally do and then resetting it to your normal time had the best possible occurrences of lucid dreams. Also sleeping on your stomach helps inside the dream itself, something about range of motion.

I have personally never tried this but I can say that on nights were I wake up frequently I tend to have more vivid and memorable dreams.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

That's because dreams only last for a very short amount of time and they stay in your memory for even shorter (usually). You're more likely to "remember" or "experience" those dreams if you wake up directly after going through a REM sleep cycle. You probably have relatively vivid dreams all the time, it's just that they are more fresh in your mind when you wake more often. Otherwise, it could be your subconscious playing catch-up (which I doubt) because it's not experiencing a good or full REM cycle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Awesome. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome.   Awesome. Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome.
Page 1 of 1