Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally on summerbreak.

Go down 
+3
Armaneth
SinisteRing
ÐeathByCyanide
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Combustion-

Finally on summerbreak. Empty
PostSubject: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 2:36 pm

But I now hate the entire school system. I was depressed my freshmen year and it destroyed my GPA but this year I have a near 4.0, and I can't take college credit classes because my cumulative GPA isn't a 3.0. Even though I'm perfectly capable of taking these classes I can't now. Great. It's my senior year next year too.

My Algebra II teacher wouldn't let me into Pre. Calc. because I had an 80% for fourth quarter even though I had an 87% first, 97% second, and 82% third. Thing thing is that 70% of her grades are test and quizzes which is very similar to a college credit math class except the grade isn't weighted. This isn't normal at our school whatsoever and it's much harder to do well in that Algebra II class than the others, In most math classes you do your homework and score decent test grades you will get above an 80%. I scored extremely high on all of the tests. Really? I can't get into Pre. Calc.? I had no trouble comprehending any of the concepts or material, but my math teacher is too much of a bitch to let me in. I find it funny how all of the math-illiterate kids can get into Pre. Calc. but not someone who could actually comprehend it.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:28 pm

School sucks. Let's cumulatively burn down every school we see from here on out. Deal?
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:46 am

4 year university or early college program at a community college?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 6:57 pm

He's talking about hight school AFAIK.

Ya, school system is pretty lame. Pretty sure you can complain and they'll let you into whatever you want though. You just need to be persistent. Maybe sign a waiver saying you understand stuff like it'll be hard and shit like that.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:26 am

Jay.J and thinking that USA schools do that. Lewl.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:59 am

They do, you're not all that different from us.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:22 pm

They really aren't that much different.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 9:25 pm

Whoa, whoa, don't get too hasty now. Canadians like Americans? That's like saying Pakistan is like India. Hah, the mere thought allows me to giggle.

Anyhow, seriously, good luck on that. I was annoyed to find that my awesome good grades at a real university were hurt by my awesome bad grades at a community college.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:05 am

Quote :
I was depressed my freshmen year and it destroyed my GPA but this year I have a near 4.0, and I can't take college credit classes because my cumulative GPA isn't a 3.0.

This is what I was referring to in my first post. There are programs that allow high school students to take college credit classes while still attending high school.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 7:56 pm

I got a 4.0 this semester at my community college, so I'm happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally on summerbreak.   Finally on summerbreak. Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally on summerbreak.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: