Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finally - A low-lagg system that works!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Finally - A low-lagg system that works! Empty
PostSubject: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 pm

I've finally found the solution to extreme lagg on B.Net. Simple, easy, and a jiffy to use, I've found DotA Client. It's as simple as this:

1. Download it.
2. Install it.
3. Run it.
4. Go on B.Net and do what you normally do, be it hosting, joining, etc.

It works, and the host gets less delay than normal if he hosts using it, even with no one else using it. Also, it only works for people using it when the host has it. If a host isn't using it but you are, you wont gain any benefits. However, if you are both using it, you will have such low delay that you'll probably have just as much and possibly even less than if you were hosting.

Hopefully people will actually use this... it's the simplest and most effective thing I can find.

Last edited by SinisteRing on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 10:54 pm

It is like list checker but doesn't reduce the delay as much. I think list checker is a better solution, or if you need hardcore reduction, hamachi/garena do a good job.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:22 pm

DotA Client is faster than ListChecker. In fact, it does a good comparison in the client itself:

250ms - B.Net
100ms - ListChecker
90ms - GGC
70ms - DotA Client
55ms - DotA Client
30ms - DotA Client

DotA Client can vary it's ping to make it able to co-operate with whatever internet connection you are using. 70ms is stable and usable on most internets... 55ms is for fast connections, and 30ms is for where you want to go completely insane.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:28 pm

List Checker only reduces it to 100ms for a very good reason. As you reduce the ms, your opponents lose fps and spike more often. Therefore, running at 30ms is likely to make the game unplayable for your opponents. 100ms is good enough most of the time, and even then causes spikes and fps slowdown occasionally. I am going to stick with LC for bnet, and Garena for tournaments.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:47 pm

70ms is the best.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 9:21 pm

I downloaded the DotA client and it worked really well as for lag, however, I noticed something strange about my Earth. Erupt went super fast. I forgot to save the replay, but test it yourself because it could just be a fluke, or it could be because of the server. Oh, and again, sorry if this post is out of place but I figured that this would be the most logical place to post about this strange happening regarding the client that was recommended.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 10:53 pm

It was sped up for 7.10. It's not unusual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 11:56 pm

how exactly do these clients work to reduce lag? im interested even tho im sure theyre only available for pc... (fuckin macs) Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:20 pm

They work from connecting the two computers directly instead of going to the Battle.Net server, then to the player. Also, this increases it because the Battle.Net servers usually have very high traffic (5 million WoW players, for example).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 7:09 am

I've tried Dota Client but theres a huge problem with it for me, it uses up a ridiculous amount of computer processing power compared to most programs which do the same thing. On my low end computer i'll have an extreme drop in FPS but never have a complain from opponents about lag. and by extreme drop i mean i'll be trying to play on 4-6 FPS.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:06 am

I play on 4-6 FPS normally... at least in battles. Though pretty much, people should be using LC instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 1:11 pm

Oh, I meant 4-6 tops, in battles it was 1 at best, if there were more than 4 or 5 people than it was measured in seconds per frame Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally - A low-lagg system that works!   Finally - A low-lagg system that works! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally - A low-lagg system that works!
Page 1 of 1