Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition

Go down 
5 posters

Do you like this idea?
Yes!
Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition I_vote_lcap91%Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition I_vote_rcap
 91% [ 10 ]
No!
Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition I_vote_lcap9%Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:53 pm

I know I haven't done a forum poll in a while, but I'm going to get back into the rhythm now that it's past the 21st. Here goes for the first part of the streak:

When going down or up hills in reality, when going downhill you tend to go faster and uphill you go slower. Should such a realistic effect be put into MM&M? This is easily triggered, would require just a few regions, and you'd still be able to move up/down. Also, a sliding effect would be put in place with pretty cool side effects - like having corpses (or living units that are standing still) slowly slide down the cliff until they reach the bottom.

The effects of such an addition might be the following:

- People would have a better reason to save a blink - going uphill would slow down a normal player, but someone with blink would get an advantage run near hills. Vice-versa with saving the blink until they run down the hill...
- Added realism system, something I don't think is done in many maps. Also, this is basically a pre-SC2 version of the SC2 cliff physics system (watch the promotion videos, you'll see what I mean).
- It would allow people to get a small speed run for that few split seconds extra time they have ahead of the enemy that's running away. It can truly make a difference.
- It would stack with Ice Slide and all the other movement abilities, making them even MORE fun and FASTER!
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 1:58 pm

Im going to Get in my car and Drive an hour north of here to come see you and give you a big hug because this idea is F-ing awesome!

BTW I miss the Regularly Timed Forum Polls!
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:01 pm

well, okay...

but make sure you have some mbook spells in there before this- unless its waaay easier than making an mbook spell.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Rhys wrote:
Im going to Get in my car and Drive an hour north of here to come see you and give you a big hug
Omfg... O.o

*Hides*

Oh, and Kuro - it's far easier to make this than a M-Spell.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 2:03 pm

well then,
1-feel free to add it in
2-make mmam a BIT more slopey... like idk its all flat right now lol. im not sure where to put them but currently the only place where the physics would kick in would be at some creep areas and the backdooring-hills by each base.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:22 pm

As long as this doesn't create leaks or slow down the map it seems ok. I don't think this really adds that much, and I am not excited like the others, but I'm not against it either. Also, I think we should wait on Jay to weigh in before we decide anything. Oh, and one more thing, I think this effect should be very minor. No more than 25-50 MS bonus/reduction even on the most steep hills.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 3:35 pm

Balancing and numbers of the idea are not determined yet, but they'll be very balanced. It will be enough to notice, but nothing more.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 4:10 pm

i agree, it should be very minor. also keep in mind of how low movespeed mmam has, like 210 for everyone, with like 300 for lightning elemental (which is avg-slow in normal warcraft, but here thats SUPER DUPER fast.)

and how many hills are going to be created in the great war?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 7:36 pm

I say we try it...Hmmm the numbers should be incredibly small however, I think even less than +/- 25, more like 10-15 tops. I also agree that, if it's not much space then ya, go for it. Wouldn't be gamebreaking, but would give vetrans that much more of an advantage by knowing this.

Thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 8:38 pm

nice idea, and to make it even more realistic you could make it so objects accelerate as they move... joking, that would be almost impossible to do right Razz

like kuro said maybe you could make the battlefield of the great war more terrain intensive, so running away/chasing an enemy wont just be in straight lines but involve strategy of where to run or effectively use blink/crack etc
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:02 pm

well consider we have so far a Hill at :

1 @ Base headquarters = 2
2 @ Base Towers = 4
2 @ Base Back Door Entrances = 4
2 @ Each Lane in Middle Where river is = 4
2 @ Middle to get out of River into Middle = 2
1 @ Middle Bottom for Portal = 1
1 @ Middle Top for Shops = 1

Thats 18 Hills in the Great war so far. Thats 18 Strategic points I can instantly think of when I think how can I best use this new mechanic to crush my enemies.

My opinion is that this is plenty already, unless you plan to increase the overall size of the Great war Terrain which Im nto against because currently half the map is not even used.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 9:17 pm

Come beta, the islands will be completely revamped, new terrain added, etc. Beta has quite a bit to show off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition   Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (6/22): Small Addition
Page 1 of 1