Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure

Go down 
4 posters

What should be done to Fissure?
1.5 seconds - Earth Boots give +0.5 second stun
Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_lcap100%Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 11 ]
2.0 seconds - Stunned players can still cast spells
Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_lcap0%Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2.5 seconds - Stunned players can still cast spells
Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_lcap0%Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:30 am

People have been constantly complaining about the nerf to fissure. However, I think I have a few decent solutions. Here's what I suggest:

1. Keep the stun at 1.5 seconds, make Earth Boots have a +0.5 second stun to Fissure quality.
2. Set the stun to 2.0 seconds, but allow stunned players to cast spells.
3. Same as 2, but with a 2.5 second stun.

Any posts saying "just put it back up to 2-2.5 seconds" or anything like that will be deleted. Not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:37 am

1.5 seconds.

the reason many people say that the nerf was way too much or whatever is because theyre the ones usually playing an earth, or they also have stuns to counter. but when youre not either... well i just voted 1.5seconds. and ps you cant always be running from fissure... thatd be stupid.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:25 am

Please note that options two and three would make Erupt completely worthless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:28 am

For options 2 and 3, it would act sort of like freeze, correct? If so, I'd just go for leaving it the way it is, and adding the extra stun time on the earth boots.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:30 am

Option two and three would completly kill any possibility for combos with earth, by making them all easily counterable.

unless you used hurl boulder, they ran, so you EQ'd, then Granite naded them as they ran. This is the closest thing to a combo earth would have, and its preety situational.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 12:23 pm

2 comments:

1. Option 2/3 like others have said would make it a melee non targeted freeze with less time. However it would be AoE. Don't like this idea in the least bit, as freeze is good because it is targeted and has a good range.

2. Don't add the bonus to earth boots, add them to another item. I don't know if this was intentional, however you can't combo still as you are either forced to get blink boots and then have a pitiful stun, or to get earth boots and never be able to get in reach - obviously both options are supersceeded by stupid, or slow players, however we should balance for skilled vs. skilled, no? Now the combo is still nerfed this way, and not close to as good as it used to be - but still average enough to compete.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 am

It was intentional to make it on the boots. Either way, Fissure is still nerfed. If I gave it to another item, it could chain stun with blink boots again and would be considered OP. With it on the boots, people (as many have said) deserve to die if they get so close to an earth mage. The blink boots is what was throwing it off.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 11:25 am

Alright....I won't push the point, however the combo wasn't inbalanced with blink boots. Reason why: you are FORCED to get an item to make the combo USEABLE. Without blink boots you cannot use the combo on any smart person without allied assitance. Without a decent stun, you cannot (on B.net which is how this game should be considered for balancing as it is most played there) chain the spells.

All this does is make people think something was done about it and not complain, however it's still just as useless. I'll stop complaining however, do realize I think Earth has been nerfed too much over several versions, to the point where I no longer WANT to use my earth, and even am glad to face other earth as they have no advantages now.

They can't do ANY real combos anymore. They aren't strong at ranged combat. They are no longer strong at melee combat. They don't have support roles or something of the like. What they are now, is reduced to one click hit or miss situations. They can now either Erupt or Armageddon....which either will kill them, or it won't...and it just requires one click, and that's the only useful thing they can do now, besides RAPE towers. If that's their role...fine, I just will no longer be using them at all, unlike before when I liked all elements pretty much equally and it just mattered in what kind of mood I was in which I played.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure   Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (6/29): About Fissure
Page 1 of 1