Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points

Go down 
+2
Dragonheart91
Lagger09
6 posters

Should the ability number increment?
Yes
Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points I_vote_lcap64%Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points I_vote_rcap
 64% [ 7 ]
No
Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points I_vote_lcap36%Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points I_vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 7:48 am

When you press the red + to add points into stamina, power, or essence, the number you see is always 1. What this forum poll asks is should the number increase by 1 if you successfully add a point into that skill?
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:01 pm

I dont see the point in doing it, seeing as you can always see your stats on your character. If you really want to, and its not too hard to do, I guess you could, but be sure it gives what the stats are, not how many you have put in. So begin at level 18/14/20, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:04 pm

na, if that were changed so many skills would probably have to be re-done and were just starting to get things balanced. No need to go mess it up.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 12:04 pm

Sounds fine to me, and I agree with Lagger. You could also have it disable whichever one you cannot buy. (Like if your power is equal to your stamina + essence so you can't upgrade it, then have power be disabled with a message: "You may not have more than your other two stats combined in this stat.")
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I seem to be the only one who doesn't know whats being asked? Or I do and think it's inconsequential...
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:11 pm

diaster also seems to have no clue what we are talking about.

It is the stat points. When you level up and add stat points, there are three little red crosses. Those all currently say 1. The proposal is to have that number match your current points in that attribute.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:13 pm

Thats what I thought...and that's inconsequential. Sure why not if it's easy to do. I don't think you even have to ask to do something so minor...
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Thing is - there's an entire function built into the current system that makes the skills remain at 1... If they built up with level, the system would get even SMALLER, the map FASTER, and the system more MANAGEABLE. It'd be pro.

I think it's a good idea and I'll probably look into it in the near future. The 18/14/20 thing and having it be unavailable if the stats are too high will be coordinated in, requiring a certain level for each one blah blah blah...
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 3:37 pm

ya I've no idea whats being asked then, but if its not giving us more attribute points and makes the map faster, I change my vote to yes.
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 8:24 pm

I voted no because it seems like such a minor thing, but if you wish to do it I have nothing against it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 4:19 am

It may be something minor but it will optimize the map which is always a good thing, so long as it isn't too difficult I don't see what the problem is. Quick simple changes that make the map faster, more manageable, and it looks better user interface wise? Yes please <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points   Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (7/4): Ability Points
Page 1 of 1