Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity

Go down 
4 posters

How complex should M-Spells be? (See Scale)
Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_lcap0%Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_lcap0%Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_lcap8%Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_lcap46%Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_lcap46%Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity I_vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity Empty
PostSubject: Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity   Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:40 am

How complex and special do you expect the M-Spells to be? I ask this for the following reasons:

- More Complex spells will take longer, and probably be released slower, meaning that it may take a while to get on to new and more original things.
- Less Complex spells will not take as long, but will decrease the time in which the M-Spells will be finished and we can move on to other things sooner.

- More Complex spells will be more original and probably look better, while also synergizing with the elements far better. Also adds more variety.
- Less Complex spells wont be as original as complex ones which are well thought out, and probably wont synergize as well. Also, variety decreases due to it not being as different from the other spells.

The rating scale:

1 - Not Complex (Not based on Power, takes no time to make (ex. Blind))
2 - Slightly Complex (Based on Power, not hard to code (ex. Smite))
3 - Somewhat Complex (Based on Power, takes a bit to code, probably AoE (ex. Fissure))
4 - Quite Complex (Based on stats, takes time to code, probably AoE (ex. Erupt))
5 - Extremely Complex (Based on stats, takes a lot to code, almost definitely AoE (ex. new Sinkhole spell))
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity   Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:59 am

I think they should all be 3 or higher, we need unique spells to replace the old ultimates, they need not be hard to code or aoe they just need to be unique and usefull.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity   Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:09 am

Voted 5 - Should be atleast 4+ though. Quality is worth the time/wait. Should think about the final product, not how long it takes. If the map is good people are more likely to stick with it (Same with you being proud of your work and continuing instead of slopping a level 3 skill that anyone can do).
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity   Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:33 pm

I'm back and I agree that all of them should be 4+ or at very very least 3+.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity   Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum Poll (7/7): M-Spell Complexity
Page 1 of 1