Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League Rough Draft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Ok This is starting from a conversation I had with my Shaman Diaster, as well as random bits of talking with my shaman AquaAscension. Basically its a very rough draft of how I would want a League to work. Its going to take alot of work to get it the way it should be and for that it may Fail or never get off the ground, however these reasons are precisely why this is being posted on the forums right now.

If you have something to say along the lines of "I do not like leagues so I do not like this thread" then please do not post, this thread should be for constructive criticisms and helping this idea become better or get it from a rough draft to its final stages. Any thoughts on certain aspects of this league are welcome provided your post does not turn into a flame fest. Moderators you have full permission to delete anything that breaches these rules including pointless postings.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

league mode
-LM

Format : All New | No Save

Players : 4v4 only

Teams : Random Teams

Tournament : One Month Long, Player With Highest Point total At End of Tournament is the Winner

Requirements : Forum Account & signed Up for League, Can sign up at any time

Time of Games : When 8 Players from the League are together and there is a trusted Shaman or Grunt available then a League game can start.

Rules of Each Game :
1.) You Cannot Change Your Name and your name must match your forum name
2.) You must assign a color appropiate to your Team - Red on the left and Blue on the right
3.) BackDoor Rules are Off

Points : A Certain Number of Points Are Given out each League Game to individuals and the Winning Team.

Point Criteria : Each Player will Receive 1 Point for winning the Game, Losing players receive no points
Players Disconnecting from a game is -1 Penalty point and ineligible for any points in the game.
In addition to this there will be one Individual point given for a random Stat in the game. Explained Later. those stats would be something like this :

Most Kills - 1 Point
Most Damage Dealt - 1 Point
Most Healing Done - 1 Point
Most Completed rez's - 1 Point
Most Creep Kills - 1 Point
Most Gold Collected - 1 Point
Most Potions Used - 1 Point
Most Henchies Hired - 1 Point
Least Deaths - 1 Point
Least Damage Received - 1 Point
Longest Kill Spree - 1 Point
Longest Time without a death - 1 Point
Killing Knight (possible 2 Points given out, one for each team)
Killing Archer (possible 2 Points given out, one for each team)
Killing Palladin - 1 Point

This list is just a start of the stats that will be tallied for points. Upon Choosing League Mode the game will Randomly generate a list of 4 of These stats that are leveled 1 through 4 and those will be the "Point Rules" for the game. The Game will Display these Rules for everyone to see then the game will start and players will play out the game.
At The end of the game a stat screen will display and total Up Rule Number One, who ever Wins that Rule is now Ineligible for entry for the remainign 3, then onto the second rule, and likewise if you win your ineligible for the remaining 2, and then the third and if you win your ineligible for the last and finally the fourth rule is tallied and if you win great.
In this manner no player may walk away from a game with more then 2 points. On top of this no more then 8
points will be given out in a single game unless both archers and knights are killed in which case the
maximum number of points available in a single league game is 10.

Now after all that is said and Done the shaman or grunt will save the replay, record the points, and then post the replay on the forum as well as update the scores on the forums.

---------------

Keeping Score will be the job of whoever is hosting the League Game at the time so we should have trusted hosters be able to host these games but not anyone else because we cant have just anyone updating the scores
preferably all shamans and grunts should be able to handle this.

Keepign Score will Initially be done on the forums, if at all possible getting like a dynamic stat on the forum would be sweet, something below the chat box, or maybe just cut into the chat box on the right side a few inchs and put a dynamic stat indicator for the league and who is the top ranked players at the moment.

Possible Reward Structure :

Ive been toiling around on this one for awhile and its a long shot but maybe sinister and everyone else would go for it, call me crazy but this is what Im thinking on this.

Basically we make the league last a while, like a month is what Im thinking. At the End of the Month the two players with the Highest Points is the winner of the league, first and foremost the player with the highest point total will be consider the champion of the league for the month and his/her name will be listed somewhere prevelant on the forum. Secondly The two players will recieve the Option to Create a Non Spell item for League Mode Play in the Game. WHAT?!?
thats probably what your saying to yourself but hear me out.

Ok the two players get the option but not the right (any submission can be revoked entirely if to stupid or completely unfair) to create a Non Spell Item to be implemented into League Mode Play, The items will go through extreme balancing scrutiny until they are somehow made fair, then out of the two items a forum poll will be held on which gets implemented into League Mode Play, the poll will run the entireity of the next League and the following league running will have that item chosen in the poll implemented into League Mode play Only.
-------------------------------------------------------

To reflect :

Basically we are creating an entire league with in itself, the reward I laid out has an appeal in my opinion, implementing it will not effect regular play as its a mode entirely of its own, any item implemented will not be available for any other mode except for League Mode play.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:36 pm

It is an interesting idea, but it sounds like there are a lot of in-map features that need to be established and, thus, needs Sin's approval and willingness. I like many of the points allowed because there's a relatively good incentive to choose light rather than being solely damage based. The item I'm not incredibly crazy about because that'd be extra work every few weeks for the map maker and, given the current circumstances, might be a little much. Otherwise, the set up sounds good.

Perhaps, while working on this, we can just try to organize 'team building' evenings where a few people get together and play an anns game? First come first served?
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 pm

for sure it would take some time, nothing to rush into to get this running this month or anything.

Would def require approval from sinister, and if in fact he does approve if anything I can do to help the process I certainly will, including learning some jass if necessary.

As far as anything not on the In game, the other points can be handled by me until the thing gets big enough to where people would actually like to take over some jobs.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Would need to be played in the "Latest stable version". But ya, good job on trying to organize a league. Getting a stable version is key though.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Most Potions Used - 1 Point
Most Henchies Hired - 1 Point

I don't support these getting points, and I think I understand how it would work...though I want to ask are these going to be formal dates where we get together and do this or will anytime someone hosts this mode will they be able to add to their point score? If the second is the case I feel that would be a little unfair for those who are unable to play every waking hour of the day. Also should passwords be used for this mode? or will it be available to the public? And the reward doesn't seem that crazy, making a new spell or mage would be crazy...
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Stable Versions a Must, currently the latest stable version is 7.10b and no version would be used besides this untill another relatively low bug count version comes out.

The List of Stats would def need to be both bigger and better, I agree some in there are not that great, im just trying to get a feel of how it would work.

Also the Dates it would run, I would like to think it can be handled nightly, like say I log in every night like usual and at 7pm, 9pm, 11pm Ill host a sanctioned league game. Also I should edit the above players to any equal number above 4, so 5v5 and 6v6 in case to many people want to play. In addition if we can find people to consistently add to these times we could expand the amount of games available to play in. I agree that having them run 24/7 is a bad idea because people who play more will obviously have an easier time winning, on the other side not hosting enough means we cant have enough players on to play and would mean whoever can be on at THOSE times listed would have an easier time winning. Its a balancing act that really needs to be figured out as soon as possible. I would think that simply saying hey theres going to be a guaranteed game running every night at 7pm & 10pm eastern eventually it would catch on.

Also the Scores would have to be handled by the hoster, simple as that. As far as who would have access to updating the scores, I would create a thread with the originating poster (probably me) would review replays replied on the thread to update the scores. Which is why at the end I would like a big stat screen that says the exact names and points only, so I can just skip to end frame and get everything I need.

I wouldnt see a reason why the mode isnt available to the public in my opinion league mode even if not played for some tournament structure still be fun to play, I was even thinking of killing two birds with one stone and replacing ANNS completely with League Mode (referring to the thread regarding changing the name of ANNS because people dont like to play it when they see NO SAVE) This particular idea I like=p
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 11:49 am

Well that is a pretty good system for figuring out MVP but it seems so complex to me...and I'm also thinking that MM&M really isn't about the individual so much a it is about the team. So since the complex MVP version has been announced I'll give my best to make a simple(ish) version.

Teams of 3 play best 2 out of 3.
if team A wins the first 2 its over and they are awarded 3 points.
if team A wins then loses and wins the third match, they get 2 points and team B gets 1.

Team with most points after facing all other teams get bragging rights, an item which they design together, or let their MVP decide what to be, and each of them gets a boss representing then and the bosses will use their favorite spells. These 3 bosses would be all in the same place and be about as difficult as taking on the real team.

We would use the forums to keep track of what teams have faced who, it doesn't require a judge, just people to be honest about whether they won or lost and can be done on peoples free time. The mode would of course be -anns
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 12:03 pm

I like the team idea, however that MAY be part of why it failed last time...you know, 6 people have to be on at the same time that are part of the same team...
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Well I certainly would love to get a team thing going, but as Jay.J says that is one of the major reasons it has failed before. Teams pretty much say its a popularity contest, who can get who on who on there team, and obviously if the 3 best players are on a team then no else will want to play against them they will all bitch and complain that they are not on that team. Which is exactly what happened before.

That and try to get all those people on at the same time.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 1:48 pm

Well ya the 3 best are going to be together...it would be odd if the 3 worst won the tournament...as for time they can do it whenever since it won't need a judge, just themselves.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 5:32 pm

ok one problem all of my team but myself are on vacation (rapid and ssfighter) or only get on like once every couple of days (charlondo and samoonge)
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft EmptyFri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 pm

Well thats not a prblem since this wont happen anytime in the near term, and it probably wont have anything to do with pre made teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

League Rough Draft Empty
PostSubject: Re: League Rough Draft   League Rough Draft Empty

Back to top Go down

League Rough Draft
Page 1 of 1