Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
SkapeGoat
Rhys
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b Empty
PostSubject: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:00 am

I finished up with the bug fixes and some minor balancing and came up with a workable map to test with. Since I also did a few things after that testing I moved onto 7.12b.

I locked this map back up, no one will be getting into it anytime soon.

Link : Click Here <---This link has been updated and works

Latest ChangeLog

Note: Since 7.12 Was my first Release I was Unaware that we had a system to releasing versions, the system is :

7.12a
7.12b

Because I was unaware I assumed since I knew there would be multiple versions that my first release should be 7.12a. Which is Why we skipped 7.12 entirely. 7.12a was tested online within the clan to iron out bugs, tool tip typos, hot key mistakes and minor annoyances, because I did many small changes involving such things when I publicly released 7.12 it was under the name 7.12b.

I apologize for any issues anyone may have with this, and it wont happen again!

Last edited by Rhys on Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Your Character
Primary Move: Invis cloak?

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 am

i <3 you rhys =D
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 am

Looks like some pretty good changes.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 am

Rhys wrote:
I finished up with the bug fixes and some minor balancing and came up with a workable map to test with. Since I also did a few things after that testing I moved onto 7.12b.

I locked this map back up, no one will be getting into it anytime soon.

Link : Click Here

Change log 7.11 ---> 7.12b
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs And Issues

// Magicians Push Now works appropriately

// Morph Bug causing players to pause and render you unable to move has been fixed

// *****unable to pick holy element first is solved******
I optimized the code the best I could, I did fix this issue with holy however the code i put in causes any players picking the first element to have two identical shrines of your element unless you pick hoyl which youll have the single shrine. This causing absolutely no problems in game, you cant possibly be confusing the two of them as they both constantly update. Ill work on this but as far as Im concerned this issue is delt with for now and there are more important things to do.

// Found and fixed a bug with Burn in 7.11 that gave damage on the first tick and none after

// Removed Redundant unused data, a total of 389kb worth of data.

// Map Re-Locked

Balancing

// Increase Emissary's Hitpoints +70hp - Both sides are now equal until someone finds something else

// Burn has been rebalanced again
.2 *power dmg increase all levels
Scale Cooldown from 26 Seconds through 21 Seconds at levels 1 through 6
scale casting range from 625 through 750 at levels 1 through 6
scale mana cost from 75 through 150, a total increase of 35 mana cost at level 6

// Sinkhole has been Rebalanced
Casting Range Reduced to 500 from 650
Mana cost Increased to 300 from 250

// Magic Missile
reduce casting range to 2500 from 3000

// blink boots
added a 5% Mana Regeneration

// Boots of Hermes
Increased Power to +5 from +3

// Jays Jade Jewel
Added a +4 Essence Bonus

EZfix for picking holy as your first element... rename the shrine to "Holy Shrine" instead of "Light Shrine". For some reason Zync decided the function should check the element name against the shrine name...

I'm going to continue working on the map, even though you've already made changes. So far I've fixed the morph bug, rewrote the push and ice slide to be time accurate and efficient. renamed the holy shrine, I cleaned up all of the struct usage, which may have fixed the missle bug in long games, begun work on a buff system to make durations more easily controlled and fully scalable with stats, currently only used for the ice slide magic vulnerability.

Before i release anything I plan to gut the map of any and all traces of the current timer system and the TriggerSleepAction function
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:42 am

Ok, this is looking pretty good. There are two good ways for Pythagoras and Rhys to work together on the map: The first one is to "check out" the map whenever your working. You would essentially set-up a shared file area between you two, and leave a note when your working on the map. As long as one person is working, the other doesn't touch it. When you stop working, you upload the updated version and "check in". The second way, would be for Pythagoras to simply send the code to Rhys for him to copy/paste into the map.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 am

That's really awesome! But i'm a little sad that you gave an HP bonus to the emissary rather than taking the HP away from the priest... now I can no longer crush them easily =(

However, that's a paltry concern and I'm incredibly happy to see a new version out because that means that all is not in vain.

On a bit of a side note, your bot says that I have a couple messages in the ol' inbox, however, when I type !inbox, it does nothing.

Super Kudos for taking up the project, Rhys and Pyth! If you need extra clan management assistance, I'm sure that the shammy's will be incredibly happy (at least I will) to help out if at all possible.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 am

I will make Rhys an admin of the forum for this, and Pythagoras a moderator.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:30 am

Moved to Latest Release Section

Anyhow Pyth I was unaware that he linked it to the actual name of the light shrine, that explains the weird actions going on that was confusing me.

The !inbox function of the bot has been acting strangely, seems your not the only one to report this. Ill look into it .
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am

How did you go from 7.11 to 7.12b? I don't understand. The max you could've done would've been go to 7.12...
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 am

I privately tested 7.12a with 11 clan members, fixed the bugs we found and then publicly released 7.12b
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 pm

Actually, the versions go 7.12-7.12a-7.12b (etc... for bug fixes, then) 7.13-7.13a.

So you see, the version you tested should have been 7.12 and the version you released should have been 7.12a. You may change how it works if you wish, but that is the initial method and personally I like it as-is. Feel free to start back that way on 7.13 or just do it your way.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:54 pm

Ill do it that way, no issues there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12b
Page 1 of 1