Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

glitch with stat boosts from passive skills

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

glitch with stat boosts from passive skills Empty
PostSubject: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm

lets rephrase this since nobody has posted...

if you equip a book with STRENGTH in it
and then replace that book with one WITHOUT strength in it (not toggle; replace)
the +15stamina from strength will be kept.

also works with any other stat boost.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 3:11 am

this post is here to get people to understand/read the above post and comment (or not)

basically to notify people that i simplified the glitch so that people can understand it and so can rhys (in order for it to be fixed)

this may be deleted in a few hours, as long as people can understand the glitch.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:46 am

This is very old - I don't know if it's even fixable. Like, you book swap instead of toggle - and the stat stays. It doesn't stack though, and you can't get more than you normaly would. Sure it should be fixed if it can be, but I don't know if it's all that abusable or important. What should be done in this respect, is make it so you can't book swap so quickly and have a trigger that detects if you've cast and such....which is more of an exploit.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 6:30 pm

in cases of mbooks you can stack

force of lightning, brilliance, way of the wind, strength; with any other aura

currently deadly things you can stack are:
-force of lightning with brilliance (+15 power +10 essence)
-way of the wind with unholy aura (+20 ms, +12% ms)

others:
strength with unholy/bubble/firey
strength with other boosts
way of the wind with other boosts auras

etc.

this is a fairly serious thing, stacking boosts is abusable Mad
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:17 pm

I tend to agree that this should be fixed if convenient.

I also want to point out that I don't think Way of the Wind and Unholy Aura should stack. In that case, the M-book with both of them should be changed. My reasoning is that having so much movement speed breaks the calculations that Zync did and essentially lets you dodge and chase far too well.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:58 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
I tend to agree that this should be fixed if convenient.

I also want to point out that I don't think Way of the Wind and Unholy Aura should stack. In that case, the M-book with both of them should be changed. My reasoning is that having so much movement speed breaks the calculations that Zync did and essentially lets you dodge and chase far too well.

I'm going to assume that the Unit Enters Range event uses the collision size of the units as well as the radius to determine whether or not a unit is hit by a Caster System collisionmissile and that Zync actually did calculations to see how much time he wanted to give people to react once a missile was fired before I do this

Lets take Firebolt for example, it has a hit width of 35+32(mage collision size) which is 67. Speed of 885, and a max range of 1050.

A mage with no items and no spells has 180 movement speed

A mage with unholy aura, way of the wind, and full wind items has (180+20+75)*1.12=308

Assuming a latency of 0.1 seconds

Assuming missiles fired are actually on collision courses with the mage in question.

From max range, a mage with no items or abilities has approximately 0.638 seconds to order his unit to move perpendicular to the path of the missile before it is unavoidable. Whereas a mage with the maximum movement speed possible has approximately 0.793 seconds to order his unit to move in the same fashion to avoid the missile.

That amounts to about 24% additional reaction time due to all of those items, the difference becomes drastically less when the lower movespeed mage equips his newbie boots, or any other boots.

From half range, a mage with 180 movespeed has 0.045 seconds to order his unit to move perpendicular to the path of the missile before it is unavoidable. And a mage with 308 movespeed has approximately 0.2 seconds to order his unit to move in a similar fashion.

This amounts to 344% additional reaction time. Although neither reaction time is reasonably attainable for human beings (There are other factors, however, such as predictability that come into play), and most misses from half range are due to user error and latency on the firing side, not because the target moves too fast and could dodge in 1/5 of a second.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 9:25 pm

dragon you don't need to bring the speed formulas zync made to zync Razz And I also think that even if it was a little strong, it should be left alone because that is specific to that book alone, and that book is lacking in a couple ways as it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: glitch with stat boosts from passive skills   glitch with stat boosts from passive skills Empty

Back to top Go down

glitch with stat boosts from passive skills
Page 1 of 1