Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tower buffs are not appreciated.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Tower buffs are not appreciated. Empty
PostSubject: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 4:24 am

first off, hi again guys! haven't been here in a while, but i had the URGE to play mm&m, so we picked up a recent map, and damn. by far the worst game i've ever had. these new changes made it IMPOSSIBLE to finish a war with low level characters...i kid you not. this replay was me, a lvl 20 wind versus 2 lvl 20 fires. (we leveled them from lvl one). it was so bad. bad in the sense that it NEVER ended. please take AT LEAST HP REGEN off the towers. HP REGEN on buildings is ridiculous. thank you!

HERE"S the link!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y4TII00G

Last edited by dlordtemplar on Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 am

Agreed. I always choose Earth or Ice for that sole reason. If it wasn't for Earthquake then Earth would be pretty shitty at the speed Erupt goes now, and the fact that Armageddon is too situational (And I don't like it anyway). And that it's spells are meh since Fissure got nerfed, and you can't use boulder unless you're RIGHT beside them (Can't use it at max range anymore). Interrupt sucks. GG is the only skill that's actually above average anymore good - however I find it has MUCH more cast time than similar spells such as Fireball. MG sucks period. Strength is average, can't complain. Eat tree is also average. Earthen Skin is Godly...but meh.
Earthquake redeems the book since it gets rid of the one thing that makes this game hard for low levels.

But this isn't the place to talk about earth - towers need no regen. Ummm and troops need AI to not stop attacking towers once they start.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:29 am

sigh. i just hate wind now. they can't do any damage. the only reason i got it was for the wind elemental....but really...it's a weak element in itself, now that invispots are out and that the TOOLTIP IS BUGGED! i didn't get that. you have unholy aura if you equip wind element book?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 6:37 am

Way of the Wind gives a speed boost. It just has Unholy aura as a base skill I believe?
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 11:35 am

The unholy aura and AoEOT damage bugs have been fixed in 8.00, both fix a few important problems with wind, if you were actually using Vortex that is.

I'm not going to say anything about towers atm though.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:05 pm

The towers seem strong to me as well, but I always just assumed that was because I only had waves to kill towers with. My preference for a nerf would be reducing their hp drastically. Like 25%-35% less hp, and 10ish less damage each. (And make the back towers as weak as the front towers and get their own aura.)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 1:59 pm

i say give towers a weakness to creep attacks.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:01 pm

the problem with that is that then holy would absolutely rape towers, w/ Bless and Holy Nova.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:03 pm

its supposed to? Neutral

adjust tower damage so it deals more damage to creeps with a buff then (random possible solution)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:19 pm

I think creeps doing more damage to towers, and/or spell damage to towers being increased would both be good options. If buffed creeps were a problem, then towers could be given a dispel-on-attack ability.

Really, the best solution for me, would be if spell damage to towers went from 15%, up to 30%. That would make them actually killable with just random aoe spells.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:36 pm

for the thread creator... this game is not the worst game you seen.. dota is and if you think otherwise you should stick that thought up yours... tho for the topic we are currently on.. yes i do agree that for low lvls towers are a pain in the ass..

i have a suggestion but i currently have to leave so if this topic is still up and running in two days after i get back in town ill continue with my idea haha [spure of the moment thing just got the call to leave my bad]
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 2:53 pm

I don't think spell increase to towers is a good idea, nor is lowering HP. Damage should be slightly lowered.

The problem isn't in high level games - it's in low level games.

Solution: Make the creep AI stick to attacking towers once they start. Take away regen from towers, chipping away actually becomes a strategy, yet doesn't take away from Holy mages. Less HP/Spell resistance takes a lot away from Equake - which is one of the things that Earth is actually good at.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm suggesting buffs for Earth in another topic Jay. You don't have to grasp at straws for just one spell.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 3:05 pm

Quote :
for the thread creator... this game is not the worst game you seen.. dota is and if you think otherwise you should stick that thought up yours... tho for the topic we are currently on.. yes i do agree that for low lvls towers are a pain in the ass..

DotA is by far not the worst game. Seriously - you're a complete idiot if you think so. It's fine to say you don't like it. But it's what has kept WC3 alive. It's one of the most balanced games - and has a lot of REALLY good gameplay aspects that many, even professional games lack. It's one of the BEST games out there gameplay and balance wise. It's fine to not like the type of game - or that particular AoS, as it has a huge learning curve. But calling it the worst map ever is ignorant.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Quote :

DotA is by far not the worst game. Seriously - you're a complete idiot if you think so. It's fine to say you don't like it. But it's what has kept WC3 alive. It's one of the most balanced games - and has a lot of REALLY good gameplay aspects that many, even professional games lack. It's one of the BEST games out there gameplay and balance wise. It's fine to not like the type of game - or that particular AoS, as it has a huge learning curve. But calling it the worst map ever is ignorant.

people who play dota CAN get over-competetive. but the game itself is pretty balanced and well programmed.

okay so possible buffs list:
-make creep AI keep attacking towers if they start, and target towers more often
-add a dispel-on-attack ability and buff creeps slightly so that they deal more damage to towers (about 20-30% ish)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 am

thanks for the support, guys. as my friends and i have leveled up a bit, i found that tower killing got wayyy easier ^^

when i'm not wind.

sorta related: dota isn't a bad game. has a lot of replayability. i'm just done with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tower buffs are not appreciated.   Tower buffs are not appreciated. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tower buffs are not appreciated.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: