Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frusteration

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
AquaAscension
Piddagoras
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Frusteration - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
lmao... the whole point is he wants you to think hes not jelous when he really is aching inside of jelousy..
Have you ever tried Jass? Have you taken any programming and tried having a function call itself? Because I can tell you in most programming languages, that leads to some massive problems. No problems with doing it in Jass, but it's definitely not as efficient as other alternatives.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:30 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
Demonic_iTunes wrote:
lmao... the whole point is he wants you to think hes not jelous when he really is aching inside of jelousy..
Have you ever tried Jass? Have you taken any programming and tried having a function call itself? Because I can tell you in most programming languages, that leads to some massive problems. No problems with doing it in Jass, but it's definitely not as efficient as other alternatives.

hes totaly jelous... lol
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
Demonic_iTunes wrote:

The alternative is that I teach JASS linear algebra, maybe sometime in the future I'll come up with some sort of algorithm for it, but until then, i'm using the definition of the determinant as the entries in the first row of the matrix multiplied by their cofactors, and the cofactor of that entry is defined as the determinant of the submatrix after the row and column of that entry have been removed from the matrix, basically cycling it down to an assload of 2x2 matrix determinants.

The determinant function calls itself in each loop iteration with a different submatrix, and then if those matrices are still larger than 3x3 then it loops through their rows calling the determinant function with their submatrices and so on. Obviously just creating a blatant infinite loop would render the code utterly useless, the problem is that finding determinants is a HEAVY process, regardless of how you do it, and JASS can't handle the number of operations required, especially since I had to create the data structure to store matrices of arbitrary dimensions from scratch and have to use function calls to navigate through it.

Edit: I have a few ideas on how to make it more efficient or bypass the operation limit, but the efficiency on a matrix with no zero entries would decrease, and the op limit bypass might just not work altogether.

Last edited by Pythagoras on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 7:46 pm

You should send any truly unique and impressive creations you make to Vexorian. He is generally the type of person who does that same type of stuff, and might even find it entertaining. (I dunno, as I don't know the guy, but strikes me as similar to you in some ways.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 8:59 pm

You guys are epic. You know that? Just epic.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 pm

i know i am [not even sure if you were talking about me]
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:00 pm

lol! !!
I R EPIC!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:03 pm

lol@tank.. that was kinda random haha Very Happy

lol!

Face Palm
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:05 pm

*coughs*
so? do you know me?
*is drinking pop right now TEEHEE!!!*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:06 pm

if you are saying you aare very random than NO i dont know you very well like i thought...

Neutral
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 pm

OI

Spoiler:

whats the point of this thread again? we are off lost on a mini adventure What a Face
oh yea sin is jealous or something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:10 pm

***DIES***

the topic was originaly that pyth had to vent about a problem with jass.. i just turned it into
******SIN IS JELOUS!!!******
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 pm

no the problem was solved... like i said pyth went from WTF hopeless to I R GOD KING!!!
and someone said that was his 2 moods
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:13 pm

yeah but i was just saying that was the ORIGINAL topic of this thread...

****SIN is so JELOUS****
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
You should send any truly unique and impressive creations you make to Vexorian.
Have you ever watched Lost? You will find (attitude-wise) that Vexorian is quite similar to Sawyer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:39 pm

is sawyer an asshole.. is that what your getting at? vex is an asshole... if it is i wont argue cause i dont know the guy so i have nooo clue....
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Sawyer lives like one of those people in the wild west with snappy lines and toony nicknames for everyone. Overall, they're funny for the outsider looking in, but when you're the target it gets harsh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 15, 2008 10:45 pm

ah ic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frusteration   Frusteration - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Frusteration
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: