Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

spam, rules, mods, & locking

Go down 
+2
ÐeathByCyanide
kuro
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

spam, rules, mods, & locking Empty
PostSubject: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 6:49 am

RapidFireOmega wrote:
Demonic can post 6000000 times a day for all we give a shit about it. Especially if its the garbage can. I am REALLY considering deleating this topic now because its so damn pointless. NOBODY F-ING CARES.

sorry if this is considered a revival but
1- whats the point of having a 25post limit when you allow people to go 100posts?
2- what would happen to the forums if everyone spammed, as rapid said it, 600000 a day? would anyone care?
3- this is not directed directly at demonic but at spam and basic rules in general. no mod said they were going to do anything about future spam... it was just locked. thats not a solution.
4- am i a nobody? because i "F-ING CARE" that someone got 100posts in a day without even so much as trying...

mods, are you at least going to enforce future laws, or [rapid] just lock them? i wish to know.
saying that future forum laws will be enforced will be an answer ill be happy with.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:03 am

Rules here have always been loose and also given lee way. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 9:14 am

Quote :
1- whats the point of having a 25post limit when you allow people to go 100posts?

Because you don't have to read anything in the garbage can without missing anything relevant or important in the game.

Quote :
2- what would happen to the forums if everyone spammed, as rapid said it, 600000 a day? would anyone care?

In the garbage can, nothing. Elsewhere it would be deleted ASAP (Unless it happened to be structured and logical and relevant to the actual topic of suggesting/balancing etc.)

Quote :
3- this is not directed directly at demonic but at spam and basic rules in general. no mod said they were going to do anything about future spam... it was just locked. thats not a solution.

No, I did say I would delete it eventually. It's just some people were having a conversation - which others may have wanted to look at.

Quote :
4- am i a nobody? because i "F-ING CARE" that someone got 100posts in a day without even so much as trying..

Some of his posts weren't spam, as I was talking to him. But others definitely were. I gave a list of some of his what I consider trivial posts, or posts that don't make sense since they contradict each other. Anyway to adress the problem at hand Let's quote what I said earlier in that topic - so don't say I didn't care >.>

Quote :
Seriously. Don't say it wasn't spam. Djinni has exams. Most of it will be deleted when topics start to die since it's in the garbage can anyway.

The locked topic will be deleted in 2 days, and the others a week after they die. (Aprox.) Unless I forget.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Quote :

What's the point of having a 25 post limit per day? Isn't that somewhat like giving a challenge to immature people, or akin to saying "here's the boundary, and you better not cross it"?

Also, why get bent out of shape if someone does post several times in a day? If it has to do with that whole "first to 1000 posts" contest, then it's a little shallow to call someone out on shameless (read pointless) posts. Especially if garbage can posts don't count anyway.

Quote :

I would personally be amazed if anyone had enough time to post 600,000 things in one day. It would probably not help the server this forum is on and would be grounds for banishment. These things tend to be well regulated (without the extreme of keeping the forum so tightly watched that it becomes more an exercise of tip toeing around broken glass and egg shells than an exercise in fun and contribution). I.e. relax a bit?

Quote :

The mods, in my opinion, have done a great job at quashing any problems that have risen out of spam, poor conduct, etc. Also, not to be a nit-picker, but I'm going to have to throw out a counter example, kuro.

I remember someone posting short, opinion based articles on the little philosophy evolution vs. creationism post that Dragon started. Granted, posting there was not a violation of the forum wide rules, but it was a violation of the sub-rules set up on that particular topic. Additionally, though it may have been interesting to read un-backed points of view, it was not conducive to what was being done. In essence, on that post, it was spam.

Quote :
4- am i a nobody? because i "F-ING CARE" that someone got 100posts in a day without even so much as trying...

I suppose I would care too, but I don't understand what is on the line. Again, why care so much? What's at stake, why make an issue out of this unless you have reason to, or believe you have reason to?

Like the "philosophy forum" you made general statements but didn't back them with anything. I guess I get that it's an annoyance but why?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Yeah, I don't think it really matters as long as it isn't disruptive. The spirit of the rules is to keep order and maintain friendliness, not to use technicalities to attack someone. We aren't lawyers, we are people. Should he continue to spam like that, yes there will be consequences. But as far as one day of posting alot which wasn't even all spam, no one cares. (Or rather, no one important cares.)
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking EmptyThu Sep 18, 2008 3:55 pm

To Kuro: I wasn't the one that locked the topic btw, it was Sin. However, I will lock this topic because of the utter pointlessness of it. Kuro, i'm surprised at you, because this is bringing up a point that was already deemed stupid and flaming for the 2nd time. I'm going to have to ask you to stop posting things like this and if your unhappy with the way the mods are moderating the forums to address that issue in a private message to either myself or any other administators on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spam, rules, mods, & locking   spam, rules, mods, & locking Empty

Back to top Go down

spam, rules, mods, & locking
Page 1 of 1