Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IM BACK!!!

Go down 
+5
Dragonheart91
Zync
diaster
Jay.J
killll
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:17 pm

Okay...so we were gettin our eltric fixed..and BOOMMMMMMMMMM!@@!@!@! POP!! You could hear it thru the entire house...My computer blow up.....( the CPU ) but..luckyly it got fixed by my dads friend fixed it..so i didnt loe anything..ut im back lol
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm

Forums are dead. MM&M is dead. Come back on Saturday Smile
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:29 pm

I heard ... but idk if u can just revive something that easyly..
Back to top Go down

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:39 pm

Hey killll. Welcome back. Smile I don't think it will be hard to revive, all we have to do is come out with version 8.0. Okay that was just a little sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:42 pm

actually it shouldn't be that hard to revive with all the supposed new content.

Last edited by diaster on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Well here's a thought. I don't have a lot of time, but I could start again. You know, a new map, new concept. Include the parts (or parallel the parts) of MM&M that people liked and start fresh. It would take me a while, but once it was ready for release it would more than likely stir the community once again.

Is that something people would like at all?

If so, what should be done? What kind of map does everyone want to see/play?
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Maybe..a all one team RPG ..mage themed..spells modified a bit..but like a EPic RPG with shit like that.

edit: i think itd be neat for ppl to make light/water mages for mana..and earth and dark for tanks..and actually have them part of the game ..i think itd be cool for there to be 3 diffrent starts for mages..like 'Mana Craver' 'Power House' 'Tank' ( dont know any good ones just suggestions _

but i love MMM and i think there needs to be a more RPG part to it..but a tottally diff game
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:32 pm

Wow, hi Zync. You should look at the current version of the map before casting it aside. The coding has been basically completely redone by Pythagoras so it is now pro, and I believe that was the main thing throwing you off in the first place. I highly doubt anyone here would dislike the idea of you helping and/or retaking control of the map.

Try it out again, see what you think, and ask Pythagoras for the current version unprotected so you can look at the code. I would rather not see it cast aside, but rather simply improved. MM&M has a LONG way to go, and is very much still in the alpha stages in many ways.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 am

Zync wrote:
Well here's a thought. I don't have a lot of time, but I could start again. You know, a new map, new concept. Include the parts (or parallel the parts) of MM&M that people liked and start fresh. It would take me a while, but once it was ready for release it would more than likely stir the community once again.

Is that something people would like at all?

If so, what should be done? What kind of map does everyone want to see/play?

Yeah, if you do that, please make sure you dont use preloaded timers, CSSafety rocks the socks of any preload systems. Also, dont use TriggerSleepAction, timers are much more accurate.

Dragonheart91 would probably be very happy to see you reclaim your throne and head up MM&M again, to be honest I wouldn't mind either. Whenever Sinister gave it up I was sure that Rhys would take over in the long run and I would be able to provide advice and make sure the code is efficient, sadly Rhys is not gone, and I don't much care for what must be done now.

MM&M doesn't provide enough challenges for me to remain interested in it, I'm much more interested in optimizing and releasing my Kobold Arena map, (side note, my computer runs the map at 30 fps with 100 physics objects being iterated, still a few more nickels and dimes to make it more efficient but its jacked up atm and I'm loving it, if I can get it up to 35 fps then a one/two lane physics AoS will be in the cards, and how awesome is that right?)

Edit: Scratch that, just did some more optimizing and got it to modulate between 32-38 fps with 100 objects. I am fantastic...

Its up to you though, I have a fairly busy schedule and the community would probably rather have someone besides me actually working on the map on a regular basis. I already told them to LRN2JASS and they didnt listen Sad
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:56 am

Well I really don't have the time for something as big as MMM, I mean this last week, I've barely had enough time to work on my current map which being GUI is all child's play really, and jass is complex but if I put a solid hour into understanding it seeing as I've learned 3 programming languages it wouldn't be that difficult for me to get a solid base, but its the time issue.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 12:08 pm

It is the same time issue with everyone.

Also Pythagoras, I have nothing against you and you have done a great job. But yeah, Zync had the original vision for the map and I know with absolute certainty that he could make the right decisions for it.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:07 pm

i would love to see zync come back..i wasnt here when he was workin o nthe map but i love to see how he works....and im sure hes great has sin was..if not greater ( LOL no comments plz ) but yeah pyth doesnt seem to have the time 'BABY COME BACK !!' lol!
Back to top Go down

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:35 pm

Pyth wrote:
sadly Rhys is not gone

wait.. if you went now instead of not then i will state the following

WAIT RHYS IS GONE?! since when???

if you meant he is still here then i remain commentless..
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Demonic_iTunes wrote:
Pyth wrote:
sadly Rhys is not gone

wait.. if you went now instead of not then i will state the following

WAIT RHYS IS GONE?! since when???

if you meant he is still here then i remain commentless..

Sorry, Rhys is actually gone for all knowledge that is available to me, got lost in all the negations, I apologize for that.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Woah. It's Zync. Like Zync. As in Zync. Zync... Has been gone for a while hasn't he?

Anyway back on topic, DUDE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FING MIND WE NEED YOU HERE MAN WE'RE DYING!!!!!!

Ok sry bout that outrage, but its... zync. He deserves that and much more, but unfortunatally all the caffeine from that diet coke is now used up.

MM&M is dying, do to the fact that we dont really have much of a mapmaker atm, and Pyth personally I think you should divert your attention to the physics engine, it has much more potential that MM&M ATMIMO.

Zyncs return would be like the heroic scene where the saviour of everyone returns to fight the big evil shit thats come to kill everyone and wins and everyone lives happily ever after (trust me, there IS a movie like this... somewhere... I'll find it). Dude, Zync, get your fat lazy good for nothing ass back in that computer seat for the next 5 years of your life AND MAKE US A DAMN MAP. kthx.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 9:47 pm

RapidFireOmega wrote:
Woah. It's Zync. Like Zync. As in Zync. Zync... Has been gone for a while hasn't he?

Anyway back on topic, DUDE ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FING MIND WE NEED YOU HERE MAN WE'RE DYING!!!!!!

Ok sry bout that outrage, but its... zync. He deserves that and much more, but unfortunatally all the caffeine from that diet coke is now used up.

MM&M is dying, do to the fact that we dont really have much of a mapmaker atm, and Pyth personally I think you should divert your attention to the physics engine, it has much more potential that MM&M ATMIMO.

Zyncs return would be like the heroic scene where the saviour of everyone returns to fight the big evil shit thats come to kill everyone and wins and everyone lives happily ever after (trust me, there IS a movie like this... somewhere... I'll find it). Dude, Zync, get your fat lazy good for nothing ass back in that computer seat for the next 5 years of your life AND MAKE US A DAMN MAP. kthx.

Spoiler:

lmao as this whole post..

i personally think that zync and pyth should team up like marvel heroes and fight evil together.. or in there case make this map the best it can be!
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 am

Actually, that is an amazing idea. It would function just like the Rhys + Pythagoras team. One person spearheads the project and controls balancing and content. The other person does the annoying and/or difficult coding. (Zync maybe can do it, but Pythagoras actually ENJOYS doing it somehow.) That way Zync wouldn't have to do the boring coding and could focus on the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Actually, that is an amazing idea. It would function just like the Rhys + Pythagoras team. One person spearheads the project and controls balancing and content. The other person does the annoying and/or difficult coding. (Zync maybe can do it, but Pythagoras actually ENJOYS doing it somehow.) That way Zync wouldn't have to do the boring coding and could focus on the good stuff.

Difficult coding is fine, coming up with ways to do things is fun, but annoying coding is another thing altogether... lol As always, I'm still willing to take specific requests for systems or effects.

Wait until Zync replies before everyone gets their hopes up though
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:10 am

In the meantime though, are you still going to finish 8.0? Also, will you help get a stable 8.0 version before quitting?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:20 am

Although it probably is Zync - we're all assuming it is Zync. For all we know, he just glanced at the forums that one day to see how his old orphan child was doing with new parents. He may not even check up again in a long time since he thought we were doing alright...when we aren't.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:07 pm

We also know that, as much shame as I may recive for saying it, Pyth codes a bit clearner than Zync, at least from what we heard from Sin saying Zync had messy coding. Pyth/Zync would be more epic than simply 2 heros fighting side by side (not even Ironman and The Dark Knight), it would be more like freaking transformers, that combine.... what with Zync having ideas, and overly complex balance, like having unit speed specific, based on projectile speed; and Pyth coding anything that anyone could possibly imagine (to some extent) and doing it rediculously efficiently: see his Physics Engine. Yes, I know for a fact that the projectile speed and unit speed were actually thought out. I read it in some post, I think on the old forums.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Quote :
at least from what we heard from Sin saying Zync had messy coding.

That's because MM&M was a learning experience for Zync. He's much improved since then. The reason he left (or one of them) was the poor coding he realized he had making it far too much work for little things. He grew better and saw that the stuff was bad compared to what he could now do.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Right, but now that Pythagoras has optimized and cleaned it, he would hopefully not be so put-out by it.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

IM BACK!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: IM BACK!!!   IM BACK!!! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 pm

This was an interesting appearance, Zync. I believe you should re-introduce yourself, though, for those that joined the community after you left so long ago. I'd also like to welcome you back, and ask you to ignore anyone who says it's not you.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

IM BACK!!! Empty