Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What I need from you.

Go down 
+6
diaster
Belial
killll
Jay.J
kuro
Piddagoras
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

What I need from you. Empty
PostSubject: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:11 am

1:
Suggestions on level requirements for the item types and tiers, I'm not changing the way magic items work, but if the backlash from them is too great, they may not make it to 8.00. Post your concerns about this here.

Basically I'm going to have to redo every item tooltip by hand and add 64 lines of code by hand to implement requirements, because selling skillpoints like a gimp to gear up to T4 is retarded and should have been dealt with earlier in the tests, and in the initial write of the tooltips.

If I am to have the upgrade system working by tomorrow evening, I'm going to need to create an entire new set of dummy items that will actually be purchasable, and a way to correspond them to upgradable items, I'll most likely make an addition to the current item stats struct, which would result in a purely linear upgrade system. Meaning that if you have a tier 1 power staff, you will only be able to upgrade it into a tier 2 power staff. Post your about this concerns here as well.

2:
Any spells that were still not working correctly in the latest test version that Rhys exhibited. I'm aware of the deletion policy and that the map may have been tested at the latest 2 weeks ago, but if anyone can remember FOR SURE any bugs, that would be great. If you're NOT SURE that a spell was not working, DO NOT report it.

3:
Any SMALL changes that I or Rhys have approved in the past for 8.00, but are not listed above. Please do not flood me with a bunch of suggestions, this is not the place for that. I just need to know if there is anything that would be simple to implement that I have forgotten.

Final Word:
I have a lot of serious time constraints this week. Please make an attempt to self-moderate before posting here, as it will lead to less aggravation. Read what I have asked for above carefully, and be clear and concise in your responses, because I am really displeased with having to do even more janitorial work to release 8.00 tomorrow evening and not having to read a lot would make it easier on me.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 7:20 am

Pythagoras wrote:
1:
-Suggestions on level requirements for the item types and tiers,
-tooltips.

dummy items... i guess that will take a while and is understandable. if in the future you dont have a spare hour to make them you could email the initial 64 items to me, or someone willing, to make the dummy items for you.

Pythagoras wrote:
2:
Any spells that were still not working correctly in the latest test version that Rhys exhibited. I'm aware of the deletion policy and that the map may have been tested at the latest 2 weeks ago, but if anyone can remember FOR SURE any bugs, that would be great. If you're NOT SURE that a spell was not working, DO NOT report it.

-res bug, where when you level up while dead, that hero becomes un-res'able

Pythagoras wrote:
3:
Any SMALL changes that I or Rhys have approved in the past for 8.00, but are not listed above.

change farmer reminder so that it appears at 3 min instead of the point in time where everyone is loading and it isnt seen
add a common sense guide, should be about 5 sentences long consisting of something like this:
-click items in your inventory to equip them
-at level 5 you may buy a spell book and use it with -element X (already said in a tooltip thing but still)
-short thing on gold and SP, about being in range for exp, this and that.
-maybe something about spellbooks, back-up slots and toggling. equipping book to backup slot can be detrimental...
-goal of the war, killing creeps, towers, enemy NPC heroes, and eventually the paladin for victory (results in +1 level)
-quests, using f-c to talk to NPC's, claiming rewards, etc
-something short on saving, doesnt really need to be there but still...

if these tips arent there already it may be useful. or the -help or w/e.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 10:27 am

I sent a PM as a few of the things were "Not for public viewing"
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 pm

when excalty it the releae ? i know today but when ? tonight ?...and sorry if this is spam or w/e just wanna know..dont wanna miss it !
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:00 pm

pyth is asking for any final necessary implementations, and then after that he will release 8.00.
Back to top Go down
Belial
Master Mage
Master Mage
Belial

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-07-23
Location : No ty, i don't want people to try to rape me in my own house.

Your Character
Primary Move: Posession

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 4:06 pm

You can copy my noobie guide into the quest tab if you want, it will probably help.

I unfortunetly i missed all the 8.00 tests (I always logged in 5 minutes too late Sad ).

Also thank you Pyth for saving MM&M.

-Belial
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:23 pm

WHAT THERE WERE 8.00 TESTS!??!! D:<!!!!

sorry if this is spam but at least post something on the forums or something to tell me what time you're testing...!

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:31 pm

I haven't saved MM&M yet and it is going to take an enormous amount of work to get the item system to a comfortable point for release.

I wasnt asking for necessary changes, I was asking for small things that I could throw in at the last moment.

Rhys did tests of 8.00, I did not. I expect to release it tonight between 6 and 10 pm PST

Now I'm going to eat lunch and then go for a run, and then grind away for a couple of hours on the item system...
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 5:44 pm

okay on that note then:
-make farmer reminder appear later
-update tip system to be like (1min into game) click your gear to equip it! (basically just make the tips clearer, maybe shorter, maybe add a few...
-fix res bug if it hasnt been fixed
-check spelling on the mage killing quest; last time i checked it spelled 'their' as 'there' when you talk to the grunt with less than the required amount of killed mages. (you have not killed 18 mages yet! (x/18 ) the river must be stained with there blood!)

optional/opinionated:
-reduce tower armor to be creep-attack friendly
-about a +1/2/3 hp regen on bless, something minor but helpful, if possible

Last edited by kuro on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 1:57 am

when is 8.0 gonna be released? ive been constantly checking the site for it X(
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 2:25 am

this weekend supposedly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:14 am

he said he was gonna realease it yesterday?
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:50 am

would you rather have multiple new features and bug fixes or a broken version without much change from 7.14? pyth may take as long as he needs...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 4:11 am

well dont say the realese date unless u know ur gonna release it on that date X(
gets ur hopes up lol
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:04 pm

For a second I was scared you guys were going to die out on me.

Glad to see someone is trying to keep up with things. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:30 pm

OMFG ITS ZYNC!!! wait its you right? your not some fake wanna be?
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:27 pm

Hmm...he joined a while ago and we speculated - think it's actually him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 pm

i dont think so..
you think he would have talked to sin or someone beforehand
its proly just some wannabe..

until sin or rhys tells me firsthand i wont trust him..
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 pm

He was the 85th member. And we speculated it was him back then. I think it might be him. I see no reason a fake would have joined that long ago - and not trolled. And it's not like he's trolling now.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:46 pm

Well, have any of you ever talked with him/played with him? Do his posts sound like something he would say? Easy way of figuring out.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:53 pm

I've both played with him and talked to him...I guess it does - in that it's not stupid, good grammar, not trolling etc. It was a while ago... I know he was a huge philosophy buff though Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:07 pm

i doubt it was him back then...

1: if it was i think he would be atleast a lil more active if he took the time to join

2: i think it was just some kid who wanted the name before someone else took it and just forgot about it till recently

3: if it was him he would have had talks to sin and sin would have given him a moderator position or SOMETHING!

my personal opinion
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 pm

I don't see why he would want one, he left because he was busy. He's still busy if you read what he said - he was just checking the community out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:18 pm

ah ic.. ok well im not sure whats going on.. i just dont think its him.. but we are getting off topic and since i know everyone around here is SOOO picky about that im just gonna be done with this conversation..
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:34 pm

So far, it sounds like the real Zync. It should be easy enough to test though. Just start a philosophical discussion in one of the topics he enjoys and ask him to post his opinion. Only the real Zync could logic the way he does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I need from you.   What I need from you. Empty

Back to top Go down

What I need from you.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: