Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What ive Learned

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Ive learned How to Display messages ( timed ) how to string ...and how to spawn 5 peasents and a keep by pressing Esc

Like i said ..slowly

EDIT: Im actually really learning this stuff..its not that hard..and its fun...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:42 pm

Not bad at all, there are a few things you can do though, down in the initTrig function you can replace the code down there with
Code:
local trigger trig=CreateTrigger()
call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventEndCinematic(trig, Player(0))
call TriggerAddAction(trig, function Trig_JASS_Test_Actions)
This basically makes it so you dont have to keep the trigger stored in a global variable, it saves a very small amount of memory if you don't need to refer to that specific trigger in another trigger.

Other than that, there are no leaks and I'm pretty impressed Razz

Just a convention thing, I would change the name of the Trig_JASS_Test_Actions function to something a little simpler, like Cinematic_Text or something, then you'll have to change the reference down in the inittrig as well. Also, if you have NewGen editor, there are a few nice things you can do using scopes and private functions that make naming automated

Another note, the InitTrig must be named InitTrig_NameOfTrigger or the map wont initialize the trigger on map load, so you sadly can't change that without changing the name of the trigger.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:47 pm

local trigger trig=CreateTrigger()
call TriggerRegisterPlayerEventEndCinematic(trig, Player(0))
call TriggerAddAction(trig, function Trig_JASS_Test_Actions) = the entire IntTrig part ?

edit : ugh i keep makin a damn mistake...idk how to fix it..

Spoiler:

Ahh i see (a+b was messed up and should have been (a+b)

Last edited by killll on Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:52 pm

Just whats inside the function, thats between the function and endfunction lines

Close the parenthesis on the third line
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks i just cought it...

the end result being a=6

Edit : ohhh i see what u mean by gobal varbials i just got to it..ill see wht i can do with it
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:59 pm

function Trig_JASS_test_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
set udg_glob = 34
call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "a= "+I2S(udg_glob) )
endfunction

it gives me the Error here too...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 8:33 pm

Btw Pythagoras, will you please help us get through 8.0 before you ditch? If you can just help us get 8.0 out and support us until a stable version, that would help alot.
Back to top Go down

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm

pyth is leaving us now too?!
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:15 pm

no..im only learning / offering to take the map once i learn 2 jass well..then i need to learn vjass...8,00 will prolly be out b4 he even thinks about lettin me take over...Sorry for the misunderstanding
Back to top Go down

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:36 pm

oh comon... zync is back and we are handing the map over to killl?! wtf! i disagree with this completely... thats absolute bullshit..
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:38 pm

dude stop fucking flaming...Zync said something..what 3-4 days ago ? he hasnt replyed and nobody isnt workin on the map dayly...do u want u 8.00 or not ? all i did was offered...Stop fucking flaming man!!
Back to top Go down

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:44 pm

where did i flame? i just dont like you.. i never insulted you tho so i never flamed.. but im about too as there are several reasons why you are the worst possible choice to take the map..

you cuss ALOT.. not saying that i dont.. but im also not a candidate to take the map.. pluss i been working on it.. you dont filter yourself at all and the worsed part about it is people like kuro get on my ass about it all the time.. and no one says jackshit to you about it.. you couldn't even keep a shaman position for a month without having several people acccurately accusing you of flaming, spamming, pointless banning/kicking.. the only reason you kept it for that long and were never really kicked out of it u simply left is because we have a shitty leader.. diaster.. who favored you as a friend and never did shit about it.. and yes maybe zync was just checkin in and wont stay around but even so i really dont think you of all of our members should be map makers.. i personaly think you will just design the game around one element the one YOU like and shit on all the other ones and only make the game to YOUR liking and shit on everyone elses ideas..
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:46 pm

thats IYO but IMO who the fuck else is stepping up ?
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:56 pm

very true...if I were to try and take up mmm the updates would be out very slow due to the lack of time I have, but if something isn't done by this Friday I will be stepping up to plate.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 11:58 pm

by this friday if not next if i get another 8 hour jass day in ...i should have learn enough to half way take over

edit : like i said im on fall break i got a lot of free time...has long has u can get the map running im fine with that im working hard on the JASS
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:30 am

basically I'll start looking at jass in my free time (a few hours) and really dive into it on Friday, if something doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:22 am

Lol, I'm glad your all so dedicated, but it is going to take a VERY long time for any of you to be ready to even understand MM&M. (No offense meant, I am just stating a fact.)

Zync is probably not coming back, Pythagoras seems to have lost interest, no one else has the necessary skill/knowledge/time. Right now I'm just hoping for a stable 8.0 before the game goes on hiatus.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:27 am

well i have plenty of free time..besides hangin with my Best friend...which is grounded now..learning jass shouldn't take long...considering i could put in 8+ hours a day( for the next 7 days )...but once i learn ill be glad to take over....im just tring to help..im tried of waiting and so are other people...I was just checking it out.( JASS ) and it cought intrest...so i think itll be a small step for MMM and a big step for me...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:44 am

Meh, more power to you. The only problem is that your a little less mature than our previous mappers. Preferably you would have community votes for things and give someone like Jay final decision. (No offense.)
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:46 am

Its fine..i enjoy Jass and right now ive been working on Knockback codes..idk why but they seem fun Razz..and i dont mind Jay final descion...i really like jass..its easy for me ....
Back to top Go down

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:01 am

jeezus pyth is leaving aswell? wtf is this madness. oh well if hes lost intrest thats fine you cant blame him. So kill might be new map maker eh? well atleast hes got balls to step up and take the wheel so give him some encouragement guys and give him a chance to show us if hes got what it takes to be editor of MM&M, time isnt an issue atm hes learning and that takes time, but we are lucky to have someone like killll to do somthing that isnt always fun and may take up alot of his time. So killl i say to you "killll you f***cking legend! and goodluck with your learning XD"

btw Atreyu = MAD ASS BAND (Exs and Ohs mad song)
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:08 am

Thanks man..i could use some boost..its some complcated sh*t ...thank for the encougarement ...im tring to learn...

THANKYOU BASHUBADLY!!!

Offtopic : yes Atreyu rocks <3

Edit:PYTH ISNT LEAVING!!!! GAWD all i did was offer to take it..i honestly dont know how much he has been workin on the map...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:51 am

Yeah, Pythagoras may or may not be leaving, he is simply getting busier and having less interest. He never wanted to be the main mapper, but rather just the back-up coder.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:15 am

Waht ive Learned

start the map..and wait about 10 seconds a message should come up!
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 10:02 am

well from what we were told by pyth all that needs to be done is grunt work which should be relatively simple, jass shouldn't be that rough for me seeing I know 3 languages and have 5 years experience w/ gui it just I've little free time, and then there is the issue of me having my other map. But one thing I'd like pyth to be ready to do is send 8.0 with a needed change log so one of us can finish it, if he isn't going to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What ive Learned Empty
PostSubject: Re: What ive Learned   What ive Learned Empty

Back to top Go down

What ive Learned
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: