Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SinisteRing's Homework

Go down 
+2
SinisteRing
Jay.J
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

SinisteRing's Homework Empty
PostSubject: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:32 pm

So I decided I would do your assignment for no apparent reason. I'll be posting it here...so others can modify and help edit it and such. Ummm, here's the start, I'll edit it as I get around to it - October 31st right?

Quote :
Throughout recorded history nothing has ever gotten done without someone leading the way. Someone putting themselves on the line and taking a position where they are then put on a pedestal in some regards. Some led their followers to failure, disparity, or even death while others led their followers to success and prosperity. Some leaders had an ideal or belief that they upheld and used that as their inspiration. People like Jesus, Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King. While others kept their followers by using methods of distortion, fear and manipulation. These include Hitler, Nixon and Name. Although the former group may be considered good leaders, in comparison to the latter they are nowhere near as effective.

Fear, manipulation and general playing on peoples emotions is far more effective because it changes the opinions of even those who disagree with your ideals. Human beings are far more prone to emotion than they are to logic and reasoning. Playing on these emotions will get things done faster than convincing someone that something needs to be done. A good leader and an efficient leader are two different things.

Last edited by Jay.J on Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

Jay.J wrote:
October 31st right?
Yep. Thx babe.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 12:55 am

Quote :
Throughout recorded history, nothing has ever gotten done without someone leading the way. A leader is someone who puts his or herself on the line and takes a position where he or she is then put on a pedestal in some regards*. Some led their followers to failure, disparity, or even death while others led their followers to success and prosperity. Some leaders had an ideal or belief that they upheld and used as their inspiration. These include*2 people like Jesus, Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King; *3 yet others kept their followers by using methods of distortion, fear and manipulation. These include Hitler, Nixon and Stalin(?). Although the former group may be considered good leaders, in comparison to the latter, they are nowhere near as effective.*4

Fear, manipulation and *5 playing on peoples emotions is far more effective because it changes the opinions of even those who disagree with your ideals (always?). Human beings are far more prone to emotion than they are to logic and reasoning (reasoning?). Playing on these emotions will get things done faster than convincing someone that something needs to be done. A good leader and an efficient leader are two different things.

*(The first sentence felt out of place, this is just a suggestion though)
*2 (there was no verb, it was not a complete sentence before)
*3 (this was a dependent clause w/ "while" so i changed it, but it's only a suggestion)
*4 (You might want to site evidence if possible, or draw an analogy... to start, I'd recommend looking at Machiavelli's "The Prince" for ideas/sources)
*5 (superfluous IMO) Word removed was "general"

Overall, okay, but it needs evidence more so than just stating facts. There is no actual facts and it is highly opinionated. If the paper is based on opinion, then oh well... disregard what I say. Otherwise, try to find a way to either logic or find sources for your words.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 9:59 am

I'm doing SinisteRing's homework, and he asked me so I randomly started typing. He's in...grade 11? What I posted there took me about 3-5 minutes. Hey...do you want to write it for him? LOL. It's supposed to be an "Expository essay" talking about an effective leader. There are no actual requirements. And it's not due till Oct.31st and it's only 1-2 pages...
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:51 am

Wow, he has a MONTH to do it? Lulz...
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:54 am

I KNOW, if I actually sat down and thought about it...2 hours tops. An hour for a half assed one.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Wow, he has a MONTH to do it? Lulz...
This is one of 7 parts that I am to write. It's out of 200 points, and this is 20 of them. However, since I transferred into the class just recently, she's only making me 3 of the 7 projects... thus 60 points total.

If you want to do the other parts, I could do that as well. They're just as broad and short.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 pm

So I got Mid-terms next 2 weeks, so you might want to think about doing it yourself...but I might still be able to do it in the last week if you want to wait, and trust me not to procrastinate it till the last day.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 1:44 am

Nope... I just got done writing a 6 page literacy narrative... I'm good. I have to write a two page critique of it now. It's really weird to talk about myself in the 3rd person. I.e. "The Author" or "My last name" writes... used to saying "Elliot" or "Donne" or even "Plato" or "Derrida" writes... just yeah.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Jay.J wrote:
I might still be able to do it in the last week if you want to wait, and trust me not to procrastinate it till the last day.
I trust you.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:35 pm

Why not just do it yourself? It'll save time and make you a better person.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 5:37 pm

AquaAscension wrote:
It'll save time and make you a better person.
I agree, it'd save time. But the deadline is way far away, and I'm gonna do the other 2 projects first.

How would doing it make me a better person?
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 6:07 pm

sin a good person?
*insert sarcastic laughing*
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 7:09 pm

It would make you a better person by gaining experience in writing, by not cheating, and by thinking and developing argumentative and analytical skills, as well as format skills etc. It would also make you feel prouder opposed to not doing it yourself - which in turn could boost your confidence and then make you be a better person.

The real question is besides less work - what do you get out of me doing this?
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 7:15 pm

a better grade I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 7:25 pm

What makes you think I'm a better writer than SinisteRing...I'm going into Psychology and Neuroscience...I do little writing, nor have I written for my high school newspaper or anything. He could do just as well, if not better than me. At the very least he has more time to work on it and make it better over time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SinisteRing's Homework   SinisteRing's Homework Empty

Back to top Go down

SinisteRing's Homework
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: