Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

People still play MM&M

Go down 
+3
Lagger09
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

People still play MM&M Empty
PostSubject: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 4:54 pm

I just saw 2-3 games over the past 2 days hosted by people not in the clan. I joined one, it was rather fun. Just thought I would let people know that it isn't completely dead.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:02 pm

That's good to know. If Rhys ever comes back from the dead we can continue the map. (Or if Zync feels like working on it again.)

MM&M is on life-support and/or in stasis. Not really alive, but not QUITE dead either and we all hope we can revive it someday.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:19 pm

Hehe its cryofrozen. I've seen 3 different people host it this weekend. Perhaps we should attampt to contact them and inv them to the forums/clan?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 pm

I say no, I didn't mention who I was or even reference the forums/clan when I played. I find more people outside of the clan play it than those in the clan currently.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:20 pm

thats because we know its more or less dead, while everyone else doesnt have a clue so they play anyway Very Happy

yay for ignorance being bliss~
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 6:35 pm

kuro wrote:
thats because we know its more or less dead, while everyone else doesnt have a clue so they play anyway Very Happy

yay for ignorance being bliss~

Yea, they don't know the status of the map like people on the forums and clan do.
But, that doesn't mean we all have to quit. We all could play still.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 7:53 pm

so the question is, do people want me to finish and release 8.0? I can do it in about 2 weeks, cause of class and my own map.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Fire nova / Fire Orb

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:29 pm

yes! duh?! LOL NOOB
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 8:53 pm

I say no. The new item system - unless done right will just ruin the map. I would rather it have died because of a loss of map maker than die because it becomes a bad game.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 9:30 pm

Jay.J wrote:
I say no. The new item system - unless done right will just ruin the map. I would rather it have died because of a loss of map maker than die because it becomes a bad game.

well, let's do it right then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 12:54 am

I also host MMM when I can, I frequently check for updates but I haven't seen any lately. I always look at the forums but this particular post made me finally register with the site.

You may have seen my game up and running last weekend. :p
MMM is a great game and I love playing it, too bad you can't fix the bugs and undo some of the changes the new modder has done like the changes to lightning, such as thunderstorm and lightning strike, they are now both bugged because of the recent changes and I get really mad when they cause me to get killed.

Anyway, I am also a modder and I love to take things apart, and build new things.
I may not be as experienced as some of the veterans here, but I do a decent job, as I created a game like MMM before MMM was even introduced. Only 3 people have my maps and I don't give them out.

Again off-topic but my point is clear, this game is not dead, just maybe the modder currently in charge. Can he/she just pass on the map to the next modder who is dedicated to MMM and won't give up and go cry in a corner because they made a mistake or 2 or 30.

Maybe we can make a community effort to fix this, and make it exactly as we want it to turn out as. I don't like nerfing, but I don't like getting killed one shot. Getting killed by a high level fire mage one or two shots is inevitable, but that is no reason to nerf. Same reason as why I am a high level Lightning mage and I love to kill other mages. Killing is fun, don't balance and nerf anything because then it won't be fun. Instead of nerfing, you can buff. Like the dark mages need a buff, along with a slight buff to water and ice. Maybe holy can finally do some damage?

All up to the next modder, so who will it be now?
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:18 am

Once my map is settled with I will put the items info up, if you guys want you will tell me how to add the system to the game or how to set the items. I will be unable to add items outside what is included.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 1:36 am

I also think that the bugs and animations need to be fixed. Lightning Strike and Thunderstorm currently have animations that don't fit them, Lightning Strike needs a buff (range), and the other serious bugs like those with aoe need to be fixed.

Also, the whole point of 8.0 was the new item system. If we just got up a stable version of 8.0 with everything balanced and bug-free, I would be content to be finished with the project without anything else nagging.

I wonder if Pythagoras would come back to help with a few of the bugs that might not have been corrected and/or do the animations for Lightning Strike and Thunderstorm that he had problems with previously.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:02 pm

No seriously, I've seen 4 games hosted by non-clanners :O. This game is apparently still alive.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:03 pm

dude ive played 3-4 games just this week...by ppl ive never seen in my entire time on Wc3. Lol
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:05 pm

That's what I mean, I meant in scrolling games the past 3 days, and I'm not even on much because of exams...I've scrolled games for like 3-5minutes tops.
Back to top Go down
killll
Epic Mage
Epic Mage
killll

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 10:06 pm

but i found ppl dont like high lvls joining..so i stopped like monday...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 3:42 pm

I prefer to have high levels joining because it's more fun to have high levels using all kinds of spells and abilities against one another.

Lightning strike wont even hit my intended target, it won't even hit anything at all.
I always play against a high level fire mage and we are pretty even. I usually try and finish him off with lightning strike and it makes me angry when it won't work properly and he will escape my wrath and come back and pwn me with fire since I have not recharged.

Edit:
Sorry, but to say this ahead of time, I am already in a clan called Silent Assassins. We have been active for 8 years now, and I am still going to stay in it. This is my 5th year in the clan.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 3:50 pm

That's fine. I'm not in the clan, and I'm the head admin. The site administrator is no longer in the clan. Nor is the other Admin (DBC) at least not as as far as I know.

My mages are all imbalanced and make people who even have high leveled mages whine. I just use the toggle to my advantage...Double Icy Orb/Double Kiss with a 90 power mage (+ Gear) or Double Infernals/FoD on a 10 power, 62 stamina, rest essence mage that doesn't run out of mana because of Death pact spam as well.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptySun Oct 26, 2008 4:27 pm

I've loved my Water/Dark mage since I made it. Infinite mana and the best regeneration of any mage at the minor cost of only average-low single target damage. The aoe damage though is superb. My mage owns waves like no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Who doesn't own waves? I can thunderclap any size wave and kill them all until they reach tier 15 or something.

How about a new game type that includes 10x faster level up for the footies?
They take forever to get tough.
How about fixing the teams thing, I want to be able to choose my own team.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 6:56 pm

You can manipulate the teams if everyone is the same level. Which is the only reason you would want to (Either a 62 game or -anns). It alternates between colors for team...I don't remember the colors but if it was like

Blue
Teal
Green
Yellow

It would be Blue and Green versus Teal and yellow.

And I think he owns waves with a lot less mana then you from a lot further range.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Yes, exactly. I own a full wave from 950 range away and then immediately regenerate the full amount of mana I spent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyMon Oct 27, 2008 11:52 pm

when ever i join a game hosted by somone whos not clan its always same

Everyone VS me

I ALWAYS WIN ITS SO BORING
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 pm

My name is LordQuorad on Bnet, add me and pm me for a game when I log on Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People still play MM&M   People still play MM&M Empty

Back to top Go down

People still play MM&M
Page 1 of 1