Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion

Go down 
+10
diaster
SinisteRing
SkapeGoat
Dragonheart91
Lagger09
killll
RapidFireOmega
kuro
TanK_OwneR
Jay.J
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah, I actually pointed out what killll did and took the kill from him. So, no kill for you.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:36 pm

Sigh, I just made a stoopid mistake. (Yes, it was so bad that it deserves two Os.) I wish I could undo my last move.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:38 pm

At least you did it right, and posted in the correct way Smile. You think you made enemies by doing so or something?
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 pm

No, if I had saved my points, at 11:59 tonight I could have done 2 damage, waited 1 minute, then done 2 more damage to finish off Lightning. That would accomplish 2 of my goals: Killing Lightning and getting more kills. Instead, I just wasted my moves on a generic damaging move.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 7:46 pm

O, who's to say I wasn't going to do that move? Razz
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Wow... ive been waiting all night for someone to hurt lightning so I could get the kill while doing homework... I waited for 3 hours straight... And I left for all of 10 minutes to take a quick shower and when I got back Sin had hurt it and Jay finished it...Wow...
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 pm

lol why take the glory for a kill? i mean its not like it means anything and if it did i would trade it for something with more importance like candy or a stick to hit people with
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 pm

Jay, I dislike you with extreme intensity. Killstealer. You wait until I'm gone for a brief hour and then finish it off.

Btw Rapid, I've been sitting at my computer waiting on that kill for over 10 hours with only a few short breaks. I finally took about an hour break for dinner and that is when it goes. Evil sobs.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:06 am

i dont get it.

jay- you let killll slide when he posted at "10 or 11" as he said it, hurting dark a bit.

but when i do the same but this time get a kill you count it as breaking the rules!

why is that?

i even stayed up an extra few hours to get to 11 o clock so that it would be considered fair.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:09 am

Make sure you do it at 12:00 EST. killll was only let slide a single time, and that was because it was a non-critical part of the game. He was only a couple of hours off, announced what he was doing, and no elements were near death in the time surrounding that. Jay didn't even let me slide when I wanted to have him do my post the next day for me.
Back to top Go down
SkapeGoat
Powerful Mage
Powerful Mage

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Your Character
Primary Move: Invis cloak?

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:33 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:
Jay, I dislike you with extreme intensity. Killstealer. You wait until I'm gone for a brief hour and then finish it off.

Btw Rapid, I've been sitting at my computer waiting on that kill for over 10 hours with only a few short breaks. I finally took about an hour break for dinner and that is when it goes. Evil sobs.
lol wow 10 hours you have to much time on your hands
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:14 am

Well, I was at the computer anyway doing other things. So, I just checked in every 10 minutes or so.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:43 am

Dragonheart91 wrote:

He was only a couple of hours off,
i was less than an hour off...

Dragonheart91 wrote:
killll was only let slide a single time, and that was because it was a non-critical part of the game
so its only okay to break rules when they dont interfere with the goals of the rule-keeper, to get more kills?

also i despise the fact that i double hurt holy just so i would be able to take the kill, and yet jay.j deletes that post, explains why i was wrong, and then takes the kill for himself which i would have never originally set up if i had known it would not have been counted as my kill.

i looove how it was just ASSUMED that i would have left holy at 1...

-.-

im trying to get kills too ya know! jay.j, would you leave holy at 1?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:28 am

Quote :
Wow... ive been waiting all night for someone to hurt lightning so I could get the kill while doing homework... I waited for 3 hours straight... And I left for all of 10 minutes to take a quick shower and when I got back Sin had hurt it and Jay finished it...Wow...

Lol, I just came on randomly and found an element at one so I killed it.

Quote :
lol why take the glory for a kill? i mean its not like it means anything and if it did i would trade it for something with more importance like candy or a stick to hit people with

I'd trade the kill for candy.

Quote :
Ya, I planned this.

Quote :
I been on the computer a while, but not with the intent of getting a kill Razz. Maybe that should be my new goal? All kills?

Quote :
jay- you let killll slide when he posted at "10 or 11" as he said it, hurting dark a bit.

but when i do the same but this time get a kill you count it as breaking the rules!
Not sure which you're referring to? If it was his Dark kill, that was taken away and given to dragon after I realized he had 2 posts in one day. If you were referring to something else I might just not have noticed it Neutral

Quote :
i even stayed up an extra few hours to get to 11 o clock so that it would be considered fair.
I remember counting 3 post in 2 days, so I just deleted the most recent one, I didn't really want to delete both your moves...

Quote :
Make sure you do it at 12:00 EST. killll was only let slide a single time, and that was because it was a non-critical part of the game. He was only a couple of hours off, announced what he was doing, and no elements were near death in the time surrounding that. Jay didn't even let me slide when I wanted to have him do my post the next day for me.
Main point - EST time now - and I've actually deleted like 5 posts (Illegal moves). I'm harder on people than you might think.

Quote :
so its only okay to break rules when they dont interfere with the goals of the rule-keeper, to get more kills?
That's not it at all Kuro Sad. You had 3 moves in 2 days, and I didn't want to delete 2 of them.

Quote :
also i despise the fact that i double hurt holy just so i would be able to take the kill, and yet jay.j deletes that post, explains why i was wrong, and then takes the kill for himself which i would have never originally set up if i had known it would not have been counted as my kill.

i looove how it was just ASSUMED that i would have left holy at 1...

Though, I do admit that you probably wouldn't have left an element at one in retrospect. Didn't realize kills were that important to people - just their element winning. Let's just hope next time rules aren't broken in any sense - regardless of whos favor they work out in.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:30 am

Yes Jay, you did actually let killll cheat once. He posted twice in one day with the second one being like 2 hours before midnight and saying it counted for the next day. Then, he posted again on the next day and THAT is the one that I pointed out. We just won't let anyone cheat anymore at all. This is a new game, deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am

O - well that's the whole "Posting 3 times in two days" which is what killl did. Which is ALSO what kuro did. It didn't work for killll, and it didn't work for kuro either. If it had just been "I'm doing my move early, not killing someone and I'm not making a move tomorrow" then MAYBE but from the past, I didn't let Dragon do that either.

The whole thing with the killing is, someone in that time frame you would normally make your move in the normal day - is someone might have saved it, which can change the game. Which is the whole point...I think Earth went from first to last in one day in the last game? Regardless, I apologize for making it look like I did it for the kill, but it was just the easiest way to deal with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 10:55 am

On another topic, I think we should make the game a little more interesting next round. At the start of the game, each person picks an element they want to win, and then PM's it to Jay. If your element wins, then you level-up. (The forum characters.)

There are only two problems with this.
#1 Jay would have to abstain from playing in order to be fair.
#2 DBC or anyone with infinite levels already has no reason to play.

Still, I think it would be a fun idea that added flavor to the game next round.

*This was originally diaster's idea and he gets full credit. I only slightly modified it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:02 pm

DeathByCyanide wrote:
Heal Fire, Hurt Dark.

Fire - 10
Water - 11
Dark - 6
Earth - 11
Wind - 11
Ice - 11

Dragon, You're a terrible person.

I'm a terrible person? In what way? I'm just going to keep eliminating the elements that I dislike. That is my prerogative as a player of this game.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 5:29 pm

It's pretty obvious you're terrible for hurting his element.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 6:06 pm

It seems as though my previous campaigning in the last game has caused the two main forces to be Dark vs Fire.

Anyone who supports Dark should eliminate Fire as quickly as possible. The enemy shall not escape unharmed.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 7:00 pm

Don't you learn? It's your vocalization and campaigning that brought Dark down before. You need to be a silent killer and just soar through like Holy.

Buuut all elements should die Smile RAWR
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:16 pm

No one said I was supporting Dark this game. I just want to make sure that Fire dies. Preferably before anything else. (Order of element deaths should start with Lightning then Fire IMO.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm

So you're clearly going for water then. Regardless, it'll probably be Dark --> Fire --> Whatever.

No winner should be the way it goes down this time though Razz.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm

Actually, I'm still not going to allow that to happen. Your going to go at least 3-4 games before I allow that. My vengeance carries over between games. So, although I may not care about Dark this game, I am still going to eliminate Fire and ruins Jay's plans because of their actions last game.

Also, any thoughts on the idea I posted earlier? I think it would be fun and basically give us a new level of intrigue and incentive in the game.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 pm

If enough people want it sure. I feel left out though Sad. I also see huge flaws such as teaming...What's stopping everyone for letting one element win, and betting on that element? If the levels matter to people - they might not just go for their favorite elements anymore. If they don't matter, then they don't change the game but just exclude DBC & me. And right now there's already clear set teams....meh. If the actual game was more intricate, maybe I would be able to award EXP or something - but that seems like a lot of work.

P.S. Holding a grudge, and carrying out vengeance in any manner is very unhealthy. Take it from someone going into Neuroscience & Psychology Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Element Hurt & Heal Discussion   Element Hurt & Heal Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Element Hurt & Heal Discussion
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next