Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)

Go down 
+2
Dragonheart91
TanK_OwneR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) Empty
PostSubject: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 9:15 pm

WHO HAS/WANTS THIS GAME!!!
ima get it with my Christmas money (im poor till then)

It looks amazing
like a strategy game (like warcraft3) but more of a futuristic (not like WHOOSH SPACE FIGHT!! more like about 20 years worth of tech on top of the worlds current tech) BUT instead of the scroll clicky the units and right clicky on the thing you want dead its with this you ask the unit nicely to go make what you want dead

Tom Clancy's Endwar
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 pm

you could at least say no up j00rs TanK(dot dot dot)
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 pm

It looks interesting, but I doubt it will work out very well. It's like the Wii, cool concept but failed execution.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 7:48 pm

eh from what i hear it works excellently
and its you hate it to tell them what to make dead you can point and click them to death
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm

Wii isn't that bad - it's just that instead of button mashing you can flail your arms XD.

Do remember though it IS the first generation of "movement" type system games....Wait till we put on a helmet and are IN the game Razz.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:03 pm

yea (/me didnt look at it like this but TYVM JAY!!!)
the first video game wasnt the greatest thing in the universe but it grew into amazingness and the Wii can only go up at this point
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey, pong is preety cool. I didnt see anything special from the trailer on the page.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:39 am

Jay.J wrote:
Wii isn't that bad - it's just that instead of button mashing you can flail your arms XD.

Do remember though it IS the first generation of "movement" type system games....Wait till we put on a helmet and are IN the game Razz.

would be very simple actually... like if you got halo and the 'wii helmet' it could sense your direction and display an image depending on that. but of course you then need a "wii rotational treadmill", wii gun, etc... so its not practical Razz

wii is okay, i dont play it much. (too much of a set-up hassle not enough reward; parents usually make me put it away right after i take it out too lol)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 am

you cant put to much virtual reality in with war games b/c you might trick your body into actually dieing
like when you die your cant watch yourself bleed out and die b/c your mind will think you are dieing and shutdown
so when you die your screen blanks out for a few seconds then shows you dead then that should be ok then they can give you a little ghost to run around with until you respawn :DDDDDD also a trend mill < a bubble
this would also destroy atleast 70% of fat people
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 11:54 am

Seriously Tank, you watch too much Sci-Fi. No one has proved that hypothesis is actually possible, and even if it were it would take total immersion of every sense. As long as you know that you didn't actually get hurt, then your mind isn't going to have any problems.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Quote :
Seriously Tank, you watch too much Sci-Fi. No one has proved that hypothesis is actually possible, and even if it were it would take total immersion of every sense. As long as you know that you didn't actually get hurt, then your mind isn't going to have any problems.

No, I'm pretty sure it can happen. It's like a reverse-placebo. But again - it would be like you have to not realize you were playing a game. I think it would be possible that if the game was good enough, like if you felt like you were ACTUALLY in it, you could feel pain - but most likely you would realize "O ya, I'm just in a game" after a while. I mean...some super nintendo games have drawn me in to the point I have to take a break to realize it's just a story and a game.

Everything pain wise happens in your brain - and if you thought it was real pain, you would feel real pain. I don't think you can die from JUST pain though....
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 1:34 pm

I think that an experience that was immersive enough could trigger these kinds of reactions, we just don't have that kind of technology right now. And it should potentially be possible to die, if you overtax your brain with too much stress from pain it can cause a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Interesting convo, have to say, but I don't think we have to worry about that kind of thing just yet. However, I just downloaded the free endwar demo on my ps3 and im gunna play it a bit later tonight after another demo I dled finishes. Of course, you can play games and do everything on the ps3 when something is dling in the background, but my big bro is watching a blu-ray movie on it now xD.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:05 am

you can actally die from pain, like you get into a permanent state of trauma (pretty much your in a mini-coma thing, you can pass out from shock, or from getting scared-- fainting --etc.)

and there's a fine line between reality and virtual reality. too much immersion could lead to someone comitting a crime... or something.

but a virtual reality RPG would be SWEET! Very Happy

too bad that's a bit futuristic :/
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:22 am

not really theres alot of tech hidden from by government/China
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:29 am

I don't know...how would you die in a virtual world? Like...This might sound stupid...but how does death even work? Like...if no actual damage is done to your body how do you die, or what are you dying from?

If your body incurs too much pain it shuts down (faints, knocked out etc.) as a means of recuperating because it can't deal with the current equilibrium. However - usually if it's followed by death that's because of organ failure or blood loss or loss of oxygen or some sort of actual failure of the body.

If it's purely in the mind - then you'll just become unconscience wouldn't you? How would you actually DIE as there is no harm done to your body - just your brain would go into a completely parasympathetic state...

One thing I do know though is Kuro brings up a good point. Games like GTA for the future Wii would be very unhealthy. They would make reality and gaming far too inseperable, and would either make people live in a gaming world where they can do whatever they want without consequence, or not realize wrong doing in the real world....Very interesting concept.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 12:52 am

body shuts down from the stress that the simulated death shows (what i think)
you could also just have a seizure and die
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 1:12 am

I just want to point out that this is the conversation that parents had 10-20 years ago when video games started becoming popular.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 2:13 am

i thought we were talking about 'what if videogames were real enough to actually put you INTO the videogame world, imagine WoW but with you actually...

or at least a virtual helmet + virtual controller gloves, with pain simulators and such.

i mean, games like WoW arent SUPPOSED to make you go 'inside' the game, but it still works as an awesome mmorpg... a game with an imperfect virtual reality would just fail. pretty much like saying 'THIS IS MM&M!' and people liking it, versus "This is the most epic game ever consisting of X Y & Z terrain rpg thingy," when not having much.

so it will be a long time until TRUE virtual reality games (with the visor helmet and sensor gloves) come out and become successful.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyMon Nov 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Ok so I dled the free demo (I dled about 15 different demos actually) and EndWar is actually a fairly nice game. I mean, there isnt too much strategy involved in it ( 1. Select soldier/vehicle squadron 2. Select enemy soldier/vehicle squadron 3. select move and engage 4. Rinse 5. Repeat). Besides the relativally pathetic gameplay the game itself isnt too badly put together. It has a whole new perspective that I personally have never seen in any game before, the commander giving orders and at the same time being there (sort of, you can select any squadron and it will take you there directly over said squadron to issue orders as you please as well as to get that squadrons view of the battlefield).

I know I sounded like the game sucked but its really not bad, I may buy it actually. I also didnt really meantion any of the good stuff such as amazing graphics and the whole capturing/securing uplinks thing... Which is pretty much the focus of the game besides killing shit. You need to send infantry to these uplink centers and secure them/capture enemy uplinks AND/OR alternativally blowing the epic shit out of them instead if your too lazy or didnt call in any infantry.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 5:55 pm

well its about as build up as spore and my high expectations of Spore and what it really was made me not love the game hell i was on the border of liking it and MEH (MEH=ok)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)   Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Endwar!!!! (ZOMFG!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: