Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hacked Version Of MM&M

Go down 
+5
Lagger09
kuro
RapidFireOmega
Jay.J
Balnazzar
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

Hacked Version Of MM&M Empty
PostSubject: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 pm

I found a hacked version of mmm when i joined a game today, the game is still going right now, the host says he dled it from a player 2 months ago (This game host is RamenOverdose), when i started dling i tought it was something like a copied map with a slightly different name, not a hack, but during the great war, a lot of swordsmen spawned, like 2x 3x, then when i killed an enemy mage at the fountain, an item called " Cheese " spawned at the fountain, with 666 charges, i picked it up, and it boosted my NATURAL stats to 666 each, i dropped it but my stats remained the same, 666, then 1 death knight spawned at my base, neutral hostile, when me and the footmen killed it, tons of dks spawned at my base as allies and attacked the enemy, WOW!! I JUST CAME BACK TO THE GAME AND apparently (i was in the dark island) i became neutral hostile or something (so they said) and killed everything around me, including dark buildings, and my cheese doubled it charges, to 1337, my stats too, they said a message in red letters said THE POWER OF CHEESE! when it happened, like when i won the war a essage said " Lich King: Go my warriors! " or something like that.
Wow, now my stats are 9999999 and i killed all the main island building, ad cloned myself 50 times, seems like random events, somehow it killed me and somehow some1 else got the cheese.
also, the spawns of creeps, like centaurs arent normal, and now tons of hdrlisks spawned and killed every1, not sure about their stats, btw, at the great war also spawned tons of each of the 4 heroes, and the loading code is shorter. i saved a replay.
I Cant save anymore bc i got i got 2237 skill points after my 100 dead mages lvled from the hydralisks, but the codes are: -load-QXiAK-LrZa-zBLda-euzC-wUwyS-Trbo-ZuXnd
-load-NYvAK-LrZh-kBEdd-euzC-wUwyz-TNGo-ZuXsd .
marines and infernals also spawned, now we killed the cheese, there are like 200 mages bodies on the ground, also i got some stat points, 12 i think, no idea why.
After we killed the chesse more demons kept spawning, archimondes now, and also, b4 this demons regularr creeps like centaurs spawned at the farms, like the skeleton bug (skeletons too).

a message says the game will end with instant lag in 30 seconds. and so it happened, we got a d/c from that game.

I Have the map on my download folder, so i can email it, for whatever reason you might want it (of course, not to anyone).

I'm gonna see if those 2 loading codes work.

Sorry for the grammar and etc., but i'm going back to the game to see what happens and then come here to write.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:57 pm

Lol not sure if this is a troll post. Assuming it's not, just use an old code and make sure not to play these hacked versions, though admittedly they sound somewhat fun.

There's nothing we can do about hacked versions, especially since we don't even have updates for the versions anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 7:12 pm

Bal is trustable. And the fact that someone actually took the time to hack and edit a 5000000000000000 line code game is unbelievable. Although I have to give props to whoever the hell did that for pulling it off, they should go burn in the fiery depths of hell. Not really, but what an asshole. Bal, please delete the game from your downloads folder, just as a precaution. I don't think anybody here wants it, even to examine it, and its better if one more copy of the hacked game is gone from the world.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 10:27 pm

they don't have anything better to do Razz

pretty much, props to them. if they're soooo bored as to go hack a version of a semi-dead map, they should be putting their time towards something else xD

Last edited by kuro on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 11:15 pm

We could almost feel special, seeing as they took the effort to hack OUR (its kinda ours, since the creators/current mappers are gone) map.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:42 am

Lol, BREAKING NEWS: Every single version of MM&M has been cheated by wc3edit.net. I'm sorry, but it just happens. We aren't even that special either, they cheat every map. I'm sorry to have to be the one to inform you.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 am

I think the map might as well go open source, might create some development. That's how DotA got it's break. Going from RoC to DotA Allstars because so many versions of it were setup and one survived. Maybe that's what we need, a lot of spreading of the map and one will choose it self....My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 3:12 am

According to my sources DotA WAS going under but that was a year ago :/

(Edit: Yes i have sources)
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Bro, I'm talking way back. From the RoC transition to Frozen throne - there were a lot of DotA maps. Like a LOT. Then one of them put all of them together and made DotA Allstars, and took all the heroes from the different versions and put it into one. People picked that version and DotA was maintained with that version. This was way back.....

Point is, that the map was spread because there was so many versions of it and people played it because there was so many of them out. Same thing with footies. The reason is because there's so many versions out. Same thing with LOAP. Again, lot's of versions out.

That's what spreads the map....So because we can't get quality since we have no map maker, we might as well get quantity and not just die.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:32 pm

Then we're back to the same argument we had before and which is touched on briefly in this thread: Who in the hell has time to edit such a complex map? We might get a relative quantity (2 or 3) but probably not much quality. The reason a game like DotA, Footies, or LOAP can survive is because those maps don't have a very difficult set of triggers and other such stuff to mess around with. Anyone could learn it and edit it with a very minimal time commitment. Not so much with MM&M. Now that I've argued that, I will say this:

I agree that it needs to go open to have the hope of survival. Just realize that it won't be "ours" anymore. You won't have creative control or balance input. There will be a ton of crap versions floating around (if any). That's what happened to a map I made. Someone took it and changed everything in the map. They claimed to have made it better but just made it more complex and incredibly slow and boring in my opinion. Also threw off the balance, again, in my opinion. Expect that to happen to MM&M with it going open source... expect no one to take it up... expect hacked and supremely unfair versions... but hope for the best. That's about all one can do. That or learn mapping before SC2 comes out and renders everything before that obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 1:42 pm

SC2 has a crap editor. It won't kill WC3.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Quote :
I agree that it needs to go open to have the hope of survival. Just realize that it won't be "ours" anymore. You won't have creative control or balance input. There will be a ton of crap versions floating around (if any). That's what happened to a map I made. Someone took it and changed everything in the map. They claimed to have made it better but just made it more complex and incredibly slow and boring in my opinion. Also threw off the balance, again, in my opinion. Expect that to happen to MM&M with it going open source... expect no one to take it up... expect hacked and supremely unfair versions... but hope for the best. That's about all one can do. That or learn mapping before SC2 comes out and renders everything before that obsolete.

Considering the amount of it being played now, I personally think it going worse is fine for a possibility of it getting better....I mean it doesn't stop people from playing the versions we have now. Either it gets better and people are happy or it gets worse and people just play the older versions. Or people are happy with some changes and not others and have no input but that's just something you have to deal with.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:17 pm

Hence the first statement, I agree that it needs to be opened up.

Even if SC2 has a crap editor (i.e. as good as WC3), it will still be "better" because it is newer. Even if it is not better, people will want to mess with it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:29 pm

SC2 has the exact same editor as WC3 except for two differences.

#1 It uses C++ instead of Jass. That might make it slightly easier to use since C++ is already widely known.

#2 It has drastically fewer unit models. This is by far the biggest downfall of it. Something like 50-100 models instead of like 300+ in WC3.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 4:56 pm

The model makers are gunna have a hell of a time then.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Map sizes increase because of imports then. Unless the upped the amount a game can be played on B.net.

Even then people will have to have better computers.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 5:23 pm

I'm Glad I Started This Topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 10:45 pm

So would people like it If I uploaded it to epicwar?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 pm

Yes.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah... might as get it out there and hope. Make sure there's a caption on it or something so that people can navigate to the forums if they want... might make a slightly higher chance for people to take the map back to the community... or increase spam/flame... either way.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 7:04 pm

I agree. Make sure to point out that it is the latest version and the final version, and link to this forum. Post up mine and/or kuro's lists of what MM&M needs in the next version, and ask anyone who works on it to come join this community.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 11:50 pm

Well Kuro finally gave me her email, so she has it, so if she doesn't feel she can finish 8.0, I'll leave it up to her to upload it.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 12:29 am

im just going to tweak it, and test it since i just recently found out i can host Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M EmptyFri Dec 05, 2008 2:16 am

Gratz on the hosting, I know you were really bugged about losing it. gl w/ the map, I'll help if I can, but I can't program at all or edit worth a damn, so I don't know how useful I'll be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hacked Version Of MM&M   Hacked Version Of MM&M Empty

Back to top Go down

Hacked Version Of MM&M
Page 1 of 1