Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Leadership Styles

Go down 
+7
AquaAscension
Balnazzar
kuro
Jay.J
Lagger09
Dragonheart91
SinisteRing
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Fear or Love?
Fear
Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_lcap38%Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Love
Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Neither
Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Null Vote
Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Both
Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_lcap24%Leadership Styles - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

Leadership Styles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:33 am

i never said Stalin.. ok lets make a simulation
there are 3 countrys on the small planet of uhm Earth 2 (just follow it..)
Country 1 Fear
Country 2 Love
Country 3 Netrual
1 is milaristic/trade
2 is trader/uhm happy miltary?
3 is only there to trade with 2&3 :/

1 is communist big army lots of money but theres lots of revolts
2 Democratic a following they train into a miltary
3 ignore them they are loaded b/c of trade

1 and 2 disagree and go to war
1 out guns 2 but 1 has lots of revolts inland
the war go stalemate (most likely one will prevale from strategy but theres none of that here)
2 puts there money into reasearch
1 puts theres into building guns
2 keeps equal with 3 b/c of more powerful weapons
2 keeps moral high b/c of love and people cooperate
1 morality is low but they force people to fight
1 death rate is high than 2 but 2 has less people and weapons

see it really stays stalemate w/o strategy
this is really like the American Colonys VS Britain where strategy won it for us

this war would most likely end with 2 nuking the crap outta 1 b/c 2 has nukes b/c of research and 1 doesn't b/c they put there money in massing weapons

Really 2<1 unless 1 destroys 2 before they get nuke tech :/
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:43 am

Tank, wth, that's ridiculous, Communism is a political party just like any other, when you talk about it on your post you are actually talking about stalin, and besides, the democrats recruiting system isn't voluntary, why do you think you can't enlist in the army to go help children on irak, etc? but to go to war only (if there is 1 going on).
It's because people with no money that don't wanna steal go to the army to gain money in a fair way and help their country, if they could they would enlist only to help, not to go to war, it's a capitalistic conspiracy against the people just to gain power.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:45 am

I only used communism b/c half the world thinks they are evil
did you want me to call there partys
the Happy party
and the War party????
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:49 am

Yes, that would be better, i am pretty sure you know i am a communist, right?
And no, not half the world, just capitalists, Nazis, religious persons, etc.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:52 am

Communism rocks.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:53 am

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Leadership Styles - Page 2 Rofl
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:07 am

ROFL-SPAM! (seriously tank, cut it out; at least add new content to the debate)

okay anyway my understanding of this is that
-fear=you make EVERYBODY fear you
-love=you show love and compassion to EVERYBODY.

Jesus died because that was his plan -.- god made it that way, dont you read the bible Razz

plus jesus wasn't the ruler of the people showing everybody love, jesus was the person who was, like you said, introducing new ideas and concepts and doing crazy feats somewhat indirectly opposing the government. if jesus WAS the government, 2000 years ago would have been a much better time.

by "jesus" my point was that you show love and compassion to everybody like jesus did, and would.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 5:45 am

kuro when did you become all prissy over not spaming and why am i all the blame? b/c i put the picture?
and with love your people will think they dont have to do anything pay taxes help the government in anyway b/c you show no threat
there may be conspiricys in fear but love people shall be lazy
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 6:16 am

Only if the people are brought up to be as such... i.e. lazy. Ever heard the expression that you can't change someone? Well, that applies regardless of the circumstances. If you show people unconditional and un-earned love, then, yes, there is a very real chance of those people taking that love for granted and stepping all over you. However, if you only dish out love as though it is respect and must be earned first, then your people will have to work harder to earn it and thus will have something invested in you. Plus, this only works if the aforementioned love has some kind of value to it for the people seeking it.

My point is that unconditional love won't help to govern people at all. It will be taken for granted. Off on a tangent, but I'll link it soon: this is one of the big reasons that I have a problem with modern Christianity.

Think about the movie Jurassic Park for a sec. Okay, now forget about velociraptors and think about Ian Malcolm's speech when he's eating lunch with the group. The scientific power of the island took no discipline to attain. Thus, the engineers don't feel entirely responsible should something go wrong. They had not time invested in it.

Now back to religion. What good is forgiveness and redemption if you don't have to earn it? One may end up taking those for granted just as a society took love for granted and the scientists of Jurassic Park take genetic power for granted.

As a teacher of mine once said, "Anything worth having in life can't be given; it has to be earned." Yes, I am saying that redemption and forgiveness should be earned. Otherwise, it makes all of our mistakes feel pointless and all of our struggles feel like they are worthless. Why be here if we aren't progressing towards some end? Even if that end is simply paying off a debt.

The Christian answer, for some, may be to spread the word of God. To accept Jesus as your lord and savior and you get a "get into heaven" free card. I'm surprised that any self-respecting capitalist would ever by into this notion.

Of course this could lead to a huge pre-destination debate which I'm not fond of either. Although Christianity has its flaws, I suppose there is something comforting in thinking that there is a great, loving, universe-governing entity out there that really wants to see each of us succeed... but I'm getting horribly off track.

Original point: love that's not earned is not worth having. You need to make people work for it or they won't feel a need to care. Time invested implies value. So that was kind of a long rambling maze of thoughts. Hopefully I left just enough bread crumbs to find your way out.
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 2:19 pm

would YOU rather be ruled by fear or by love?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 3:02 pm

Ok a different question which is the US and UK ran on? fear or love?
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:32 pm

You didn't respond to my argument at all.

I would rather be under a ruler who used love, but it shouldn't be unconditional for the ruler's sake.

A good leader makes use of his/her subjects' talents and puts them to work so that they actually add value to the society and also so that they value that society. They'll feel like they've done something good.

Being a good leader entails loving your subject as a parent loves a child. Let me qualify: a good parent. Discipline without being overbearing.

This only works with the situation within itself. Let me explain a bit...

I believe with very few exceptions that people are products of their nurturing but not their nature. Sure, there are some people that are psychologically unstable due to genetics, but that is a negligible portion of the population. Thus, I believe that it is a person's upbringing that helps to define their personality traits and how "good" they are. Lazy vs. hard working; happy vs. angry; etc on through the dichotomies. Yeah, people go through bad times, but if they are raised to react to the situation "correctly" then that could eliminate much of the cycle that goes on. The cycle being something started from a "wrong-doing" and perpetuated by people that take it out on others rather than actually dealing with it. This has to do with some self-government as well, but all people if given the correct tools can react with some amount of intelligence and self control.

Basically, I'll boil that down to a parable. Give a man a fish, you've fed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for life. Or whatever that saying ending is. Anyhow, the point is that a good leader gives all his/her subjects the tools to be good leaders themselves so that they can be self governed. The motivation for doing this is love: you love your subjects so you want to see them grow and be good people. You respect their power and talents and use their abilities to help them build and have a hand in the society.

Now, a ruler based on fear will also fear his subjects. He will fear their power and use fear to force his subjects to work. Rather than being motivated love, they are motivated by the fear of losing one's life or liberty. This stifles creativity and innovation. Under fear, one is doing what one needs to survive and no more. The society is sick, the leader is hated.

Now, can a ruler rule by love of everyone? Maybe. It depends on the size of what's being ruled. In order to truly "love" someone, you need to know them and be able to share something with them. That is nearly impossible with 260+ million people as the U.S. has. With a smaller group, the chances go up.

Kuro, I know that's not what you asked, but I thought I should explain the thoughts I had. Kosher?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 4:47 pm

Aqua - you so smaaaaart.
Back to top Go down
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:55 pm

One of the feww. Of course.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:34 am

One of the few...?

An answer to Tank's question is that I think America is currently run by fear. Terrorism is our specter.

No idea what the UK is.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:31 am

Ok, first of all, i didn't read those 2 long posts of aqua (i don't have the time right now) but what he said about USA being ruled by fear, you can see that i wrote the same thing on my first post on the second page.

Btw, i have to agree with kuro this time, that was a little too spammy, tank, at least say a really short comment about the subject and then spam ROFL-RILLA!!! lol!

P.S.: U.K. = United Kingdom

United Kingdom: country in northwestern Europe, comprising the historic kingdoms of England and Scotland, the principality of Wales, and the province of Northern Ireland.
Language: English
Currency: pound sterling
Capital: London
Population: 60,609,153 (2006 estimate)
Area: 244,110 sq km/94,251 sq mi Official name United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

From the Encarta Dictionary
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:43 pm

I'm pretty sure he knows WHAT the UK is just not much about it's leadership style on account of not living there >.>
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 2:44 pm

MAYBE HE DOESN'T!!! Razz

Quote :
U.K. = United Kingdom

United Kingdom: country in northwestern Europe, comprising the historic kingdoms of England and Scotland, the principality of Wales, and the province of Northern Ireland.
Language: English
Currency: pound sterling
Capital: London
Population: 60,609,153 (2006 estimate)
Area: 244,110 sq km/94,251 sq mi Official name United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

WAS JUST A JOKE!! lol!
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:08 pm

yes and you dont call that spam? ehh

and i think at this point we are slightly off track

Fear war winner
Love peace keeper! (no war)
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 7:33 pm

I Know i was spamming Razz.

But you are the Spam King!! king lol!

And yes, this topic is pointless right now.

Start a politics topic thread right now!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leadership Styles   Leadership Styles - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leadership Styles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2