Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Excuses and Apologies - Rhys

Go down 
+11
ÐeathByCyanide
SinisteRing
kuro
diaster
Dragonheart91
Balnazzar
Lagger09
AquaAscension
TanK_OwneR
Jay.J
Rhys
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Excuses and Apologies - Rhys Empty
PostSubject: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:34 pm

The immediate response from everyone from seeing my name on the forum list will probably be WTF I HATE YOU SO MUCH GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM US! Well I can understand that, Ive read through all the back logs for the past 3 months and Im actually fairly surprised that people still talk about me on the forums.

Let me explain before you freak out.

About two years ago I forgot to pay my excise tax on my car, I then forget to pay it for the next two years of my life which snowballed every month cumulatively into roughly $8,000 debt. I forgot completely about this and when it came time to re register my car I obviously couldn't and still cant. Well if that wasn't bad enough when leaving the RMV I get pulled over, Im arrested for multiple bench warrants for not appearing at court for hearings because of the tax's I never payed. Well I obviously couldn't pay so I got sent to jail for a month. That sucked.

While in jail I got in a fight, Id rather not get into major details but lets just say I had to defend my dignity and well that fight went well for me and I didnt lose it I did get myself a nice extension on my term by another two months, I just got out last week right after Christmas. Since Ive been out Ive been coming to this forum as a guest, just reading all the things I missed and many things on me specifically. I have been unsure if I should post here again or not, I didn't know the general reaction that i would receive and most honestly If it was me being you guys and looking at me Id probably be a little pissed. After all it seems from what I gather that MM&M is fairly dead, Ive seen it run on Bnet about 3 times since last week by someone called UNKNOWN J which I assumed was JAY.J.

Listen, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, I apologize greatly to everyone for it happening, in the end it is truly my fault for being an idiot and not paying my taxes, Ive had a long time to think about that and it took awhile to come to that conclusion, for the first two months I was screaming and bitching at the government as I slept in a cell the size of my bathroom. In the end none of that helps whats going on here. So what Can I do?

I still have everything on this computer, nothing has been deleted, no one has even touched my computer since then. Im afraid to honestly pick this up again as to what I will do to it the next time. On top of that its not like I have had much practice with jass while I was away, I'm fairly certain I would have to relearn many things. Im not even sure if there is a community to come to, 49 registered members? thats a little under half of what I remember.

Specific Apologies to Pyth if he still randomly comes here, him and I where becoming good friends on a daily basis beyond MM&M and I really wish we didn't meet under this forum because he probably hates me now for this and will not come back here to find out that I am sorry.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:43 pm

Quote :
Ive seen it run on Bnet about 3 times since last week by someone called UNKNOWN J which I assumed was JAY.J.

Not me, but, it's actually still played.

On the whole jail thing....What? Like...Neutral. In all honesty, I figured you died in a car accident or something. Umm, welcome back. Pretty unexpected in all honesty. I wouldn't be unhappy if you picked up MM&M again....just like...Wtf?

Like....WHAT!!!!!?

Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:50 pm

WOO PYTH!!
Welcome back!
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:02 pm

Lol, you said Pyth.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:11 pm

Yeah... so you're kind of like the cool older brother or Uncle of the group that the community looked to for guidance... and a map. Basically, I think the sentiment of most people is "damn, we missed you dude" and everyone makes mistakes. You shouldn't lose a big group of cyber-friends just because of a mistake since... well, everyone makes em as I said already. I think that if you're willing to work on the map, then the community is willing to back up your efforts.

Welcome back, good sir. Sorry you got caught by the man. At least you didn't intentionally break the mandates of the law.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:36 pm

1st off, welcome back. I'm sorry to hear about the entire ordeal, and I hope you learn from this in some way, as I don't see anything more positive that can come out of it. If you should decide to pick the map back up, I'm sure alot of people will be glad, and I'm sure you'll do a good job. As I'm sure you have read, the forum has become home to a new map that's still in the making, and you may look in to being a part of that, I don't know. Whatever you decide to do, just make sure try to give us a heads up as best you can? We tend to overguess on things, I mean, Balnazzar thought you died, and killll is currently banned for impersonating you. I'm a bit sore about that one specifcally.

Back on topic: I personally think that Pythagoras returned to U.S. West, but he has logged on to the forums withing the month of December, the 12th I belive, and your return may braw him back, who can say?

Good to have you back, and don't forget to have a little fun while you're here Very Happy.

P.S. I dont think anyone would have guessed the clink, though its much better than some of the other ideas (I think one involved ninjas...).

EDIT: You may have already learned, but you may have trouble getting ontp WC3, at least with your old account, since your old one was deleted by Blizz for the whole 3months not online bit, and killll has made an account (he may have deleted it) using the same name.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:55 pm

I wasn't the only one who tought he died, most members did.

Anyways, glad to have you back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Killlll gave him his account back. We had a nice convo on WC3.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:33 pm

I didn't read all the other posts besides Rhy's, but I do have a few things that require immediate attention.

#1 Welcome back. We all missed you are would be happy to continue MM&M in any capacity you feel like in any time frame your willing to accept.
#2 Especially after the latest impersonation attempt, I require proof that your actually Rhys. The easiest way to do this would be to post a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper that says "Dragonheart91" on it.
#3 I'm not sure if I can actually call myself correct, but my top 3 guesses for you were gone where: #1 Dead #2 Suddenly dispatched to Iraq #3 In prison

Btw, (giving you the benefit of the doubt that your not just killll fucking with us again) you have my sympathy for your ordeal.

Now, proof before anything else please. This is still too convenient in a variety of ways, and very suspicious.

P.S. Your grammar is bad. Either you were in a hurry typing or it's still killll and he managed to get your forum account. (Or anyone else on your account.) I'm REALLY REALLY suspicious. Seriously, proof NAOW! If my suggested method is unacceptable, we can work out something else.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Wow, you were right I almost jumped outta my seat, cause i know its not killll this time. I'm very sorry to hear about the crap you had to deal with, hope you slugged that bastard good Razz
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 9:59 pm

YAAAAY

we thought you were dead Sad (lol)

<3

welcome back rhys woot woot!!! Very Happy I love you Razz

edit: if you had posted here sooner saying SOMETHING it would have saved us a lot of grief, seriously. doesnt matter if you went to jail, just make sure you tell us before mysteriously disappearing, lol~
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:04 pm

Dragon, it's him. That, or it's Sin playing a BAD practical joke. I talked to him for quite some time. Granted, I thought it was him from the start - but I don't think I was biased enough to let any impersonations fool me. That and killll was also there for the conversation, as were many other people. So ya. It's him, or Sin pulling the worst kind of joke.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 pm

It is entirely possible that it is SinisteRing, or that SinisteRing is working with the perpetrator. (No offense Sin, I'm just keeping an open mind at this point.) In any case, as the saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... Can't get fooled again." -President George Bush
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:10 am

As possible as it may be, look at the story. You really think he would make that up...for fun? He's a douche at times - but like...not that big of one?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:17 am

I admit it is a well crafted story, but things are still far too convenient. Besides, I lose nothing by asking for proof, but risk hope by believing prematurely.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:30 am

It's just dragon being dragon. Extremely cautious. I don't think I've ever seen sin play a practical joke except for I think there was one time when someone thought he was Rhys' bot or something like that and Sin went along with it, but he didn't intentionally deceive.

Yet, I agree with dragon in that asking for proof loses us nothing whereas getting fooled by another person will lead to anger. Thus, if it is a practical "joke" then the person should stop. Now.

That being said, I don't believe it is a joke. I think it's the actual Rhys in the flesh... so to speak.

So, proof's not a bad idea, but I don't believe it's necessary because I believe that it's the real Rhys. That and anyone who would play that kind of joke deserves to be hunted down, castrated, and possibly eviscerated with a rusty spoon.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 12:44 am

Everceration is too nice, castrate them and make them live out the rest of their days, still use the rusty spoon though. Killll's stunt kinda pissed me off, possibly because I'll belive just about anything from people I know/like. I don't think Sin would do it, especially after just banning killll for doing it, and he's the only person with the ability do do this, w/o someone figuring out Rhys' password.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:10 am

Never say never. There are always ways. I will just wait for Rhys to come back with the aforementioned picture. (Or an alternative means of evidence that is just as good if he doesn't have access to a camera or something.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:32 am

well heres somthing i didnt expect to see for a while
welcome back Rhys
my theory was WAY off i thought that
you got Kidnapped by a galactic overlord and forced into slavery on a distant planet

luckly i only got 1 more month till i can come back Very Happy

Last edited by Eyes Rutherford on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:35 am

You guys should know that I'm nocturnal. Rhys was on all day, right? I was on all last night... posting crap up. Check the time stamps. Also, compare my IP (which remains the same) to the SINGLE IP that he has used (asking this from Jay.J).

I can assure you, it's not me.

And I'm not going to post anything about Rhys specifically here, and instead talk to him in private chats.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:01 am

Having the same IP as previously is good solid evidence. That's the kind of thing that I want. Can you confirm that Jay?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:00 am

I currently have over 100 posts from this IP. Rhys's is completely different. Check for yourself. His is also a completely different service (71/72 first number compared to my 24).
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 4:35 am

I meant Rhys having the same IP now as he did when he used to be here. I'm not trying to accuse you of anything.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:25 am

It's not the same, but that's likely because it's a dynamic IP. The similarity between them all is unmistakable:

IP address for this post
72.74.211.89 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]

Other IP addresses this user has posted from
72.74.199.53 [ 45 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.218.209 [ 35 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.209.210 [ 33 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
71.184.35.142 [ 27 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.215.17 [ 17 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
71.184.44.32 [ 16 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
71.184.52.37 [ 12 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
71.243.120.34 [ 3 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.199.12 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.195.244 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]
71.184.45.176 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]
72.74.204.108 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]

You might tell me not to post up IP addresses, but the IP is dynamic, meaning it wont last long anyways. Just take a look, most of them start with 72.74, which I assume is his home computer. The others are probably another, probably work computer, which begin with 71.184.

The IP of the computer he posted on has the same IP with a dynamic change on it as he was using before.

EDIT: Rhys, if you don't want your IP up, just delete this post. I have no problem with that. If you restart your computer, the IP will change for you anyways. Even if you don't change it, it would be hard to do anything to hack someone with a dynamic IP.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:52 pm

i have no issues with the IP address's its not static so it will change whenever I turn off my computer, plus I have my own firewall up and not windows default so it would be fairly hard for someone to hack my computer without knowing which ports I have open.

In any event I can not produce any solid evidence like a updated picture for you dragon but youll see soon enough when I put out a balance update to MM&M which only I and Pyth can do unless Pyth sent my updated work to people that I was unaware of while I was gone, we are the only two people that have open access to anything beyond...... 7.12c.

About pyth, I'm downloading MSN again right now, i deleted it when I got back along with a bunch of other stuff thinking I wouldn't need it, Ive heard that he was on a month ago but no one has seen him since so I'm not to hopeful in finding him right away. If anyone gets in contact with him let him know that I would like to talk to him beyond MM&M at the very least and at the very most I would enjoy some more lessons on jass from him.

Oh and Sinister, thank you for not deleting my account, it shows you believed in me and I wont let that go unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excuses and Apologies - Rhys   Excuses and Apologies - Rhys Empty

Back to top Go down

Excuses and Apologies - Rhys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next