Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(5.2) Weak Shots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:13 pm

This is to address all the shots that I don't see many people using, and explaining why I don't think they're used. Take note that for my suggestions, I only suggest one of the options, not all of them.

Simple Shot:
This is pretty obvious why it's not used. There's really no point in sticking with a missile that does absolutely nothing good. Yes, I know it's the beginners shot, but perhaps it could be a bit more useful? Even with the Basic Set, it's still extremely weak. Suggestions:

• Give it an effect based on power (such as a stun), as no other effect is "based" off of power, only damage.
  • Have it do something special. Generic, yes, but I mean... there's really not much I can think of for "Simple Shot".

Blink Shot:
This seems like the absolutely most useless item in the game, not just the most useless shot. Equipping the shot, then trying to blink away, might be helpful in some situations... but still... the cooldown on re-equips of missiles is too long for this to be very useful. Suggestions:

• Give it a damage in an AoE upon landing.
  • Damage all units in the line along the way.
  • Combination of the above two, but low for each.

Mana Shot:
The reason this isn't very good is because no one gets mana. The reason why they don't get mana is because Blood Shot is so much damn better. The reason why Blood Shot is so much better is because 15 mana per essence < 25 health per stamina. It just doesn't add up. No one goes with a mana build for that specific reason, especially since the mana shield basically makes you take 150% damage, only to mana. Suggestions:

• Make the mana set more useful mana-wise (generic... but I bet you'll think of a better way than I).
  • Increase the mana-to-essence ratio.

Note: I know I may be wrong for this one, I've just simply never seen/made an essence-based mage... which I probably should do. Just back up these types of mages so I can understand it better.

Dragon Spear:
I don't know if I got the name right for this one, but I'm pretty sure that you know which one I refer to. An air-only attacking missile seems absolutely useless in all ways possible. Suggested removal from the game entirely, unfortunately, as I've never seen anyone using this shot. Low damage to flying units with no splash = fail, IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:46 pm

Blink Shot used with a multi-shot gun should make Mirror Images that can shoot and such for like 30 seconds. It should also allow you to equip another shot after using it immediately.

Also, it seems to me that things besides shots and guns are EXTREMELY expensive. After like 3 games making it to like level 40 I still can't afford any equipment worth using.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:37 pm

Simple Shot is a starting item and the Basic Set increases its damage.

Blink shot will be changed in Beta 5.3+

My brother does use Mana Shot, backed by the Elemental Set, switching to it on boss levels, and it pwns.

I like Dragon Spear, and it is very useful, especially for lower level characters. In addition, there are later spawn rounds planned where the shot will be useful.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:27 am

Umm, none of us understand how Dragon Spear works. It doesn't seem to do anything for us.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 2:24 am

Dragon Spear deals double damage to fliers. So with a base damage of 1.9 * Power, it would increase to 3.8 * Power against flying targets. Right now there are only Gargoyles and Bronze Dragons that fly. Although I do plan on using all of the other Dragons sooner or later, and who knows what other fliers I'll throw in. So for right now I'll keep it as is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(5.2) Weak Shots Empty
PostSubject: Re: (5.2) Weak Shots   (5.2) Weak Shots Empty

Back to top Go down

(5.2) Weak Shots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: