Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b Empty
PostSubject: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 11:27 pm

Here's an updated version with the new game-play modes. I'm still not keeping a change log, but thanks to a point Pythagoras made the player number bug might actually be fixed.

As always, tell me if any bugs appear.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 2:24 am

You didn't reset the codes... That upsets me and several other people. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:04 am

We need to see what the new game modes are like at higher levels.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 am

Unfortunately, no one is taking much interest due to the extremely fast leveling and lack of PvP. People get to the highest levels and get their gear no problem. Therefore, no one is taking interest anymore and I have a hard time finding people to play the new version because its... well... new.

They basically think that it's pretty much the same as before. The -ff and -hc really don't make too much of a difference, because that's not what people are looking for. It's simply a harder difficulty without directly affecting the creeps. They want to start again with a lower exp rate and a code reset. It's what we were all looking forward to this version.

I understand you want to know how the new modes play at higher levels, but it's simply not the right approach to the situation. Make it so people can work towards that higher level, THEN play test it. The reason being is because not only will have much more to do. Advancement then testing. Simple as that.

I can't really comment on the new game modes, nor tell you of any bugs in it. I've only played one game. It's not that I don't like the map, it's that I can't find anyone to play it with me.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:29 am

What? It takes dozens and dozens of games to max out a mage. We do NOT max too fast. Geez, I've been playing for a week and I'm only in the 80s. People like you who cheated do not get to speak about how difficult/not difficult to levle it is.

And the problem you mentioned of no one playing the game is something inherently built into every Hero Defense. As soon as you beat it, there is no reason to continue playing.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 6:29 am

Well, my goal is not to draw a crowd, it's to make a great game. Therefore, I'm going to take the steps that make it a great game, not the steps that pull an audience.

Also, Dragonhear91 has a point. I've been playing 2 different builds with all of my testing. One is like 88 the other is in the 40s. So leveling is not too fast.
Back to top Go down
BlacRyu
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage
BlacRyu

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Your Character
Primary Move: Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:32 pm

My bot has hosted approximately 250-300 games, some on east and some on west, all with 8-9 players, so I'd say there's probably a good sized "crowd" already.

As for leveling, I personally have played 17 games with my stamina metacian and he's only up to level 69. Most of those games were played on the first released version before anyone knew about it, so I was pretty much always the only one loading. Now it looks like about 5 people load on average so leveling probably goes quicker now, but I would still guess it takes at least 10+ games to reach 99. IF you're playing with a group of friends I could see it taking like 6 or so (with assigned roles).
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:42 pm

I've seen your bot.

Nobody joins the mm&M ones Sad (you probably won't get 8 players for a game which nobody has heard about or knows how to equip their gear in )
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
BlacRyu
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage
BlacRyu

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Yeah I tried hosting MM&M on it once and it just wouldn't fill, so I gave up.

btw I just checked and it looks like I've hosted 345 games and counting. (it saves all the replays)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:41 pm

That's a lot of data...

also, why isn't your bot on right now?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:18 am

Has the player number bug surfaced?

If not, should I increase the number of players to 12? Or would that be bad, since the bot needs all slots filled to actually start.
Back to top Go down
BlacRyu
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage
BlacRyu

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 2:23 pm

I can set how many slots it needs to start. I usually set it to 8, and if 1 more joins before it starts then there's 9.

Other than that one time I haven't seen the bug anymore. And if you just want to release a test version with 12 players I could test it out for you.

kuro wrote:
That's a lot of data...

also, why isn't your bot on right now?

yeah it's about 50MB of replays right now. Just realized I have about 350MB in my Warcraft 3 autosave folder... think I'll clean that out.

I turned it off yesterday because my internet was crashing and therefore so were my games.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 3:41 pm

BlacRyu wrote:
Other than that one time I haven't seen the bug anymore. And if you just want to release a test version with 12 players I could test it out for you.

In Beta 6.0b? Or the previous Beta 5.4?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:07 pm

The one time was with beta 5.4. The player number bug has never happened in the new version so far as I know.

We need some people with really shitty computers to test these things...
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 pm

Pythagoras did convince me that it was my poor usage of BJ calls in my multiboard stuff that caused the error. I knew that the bug itself surfaced around the time I implemented the multiboard, but I didn't realize that BJ multiboard calls are a horrible as they actually are. Once he pointed that out, I remade the system, and believe that it is fine now. Next version, I will place the number of players back to 12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b   Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal And Magic Beta 6.0b
Page 1 of 1