Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) Empty
PostSubject: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:23 am

Hey guys, I just came up with a new build that seems to work!

Works in 5.3, 6.0, will work in 6.1 (but im not 99 or rich yet) lol.

LVL 99 Metacian
Stamina - 22 + 43 *The "+" indicates extra stats that come from gear.
Power - 175 + 79
Essence - 51 + 43

Gear:
Dragonleather Armor - for reduced damage
Royal Shirt - for immunity
Vampire Orb - for life leech
Ninja Shoes - for movement speed and critical shot

Weapon:
Triple Barrel - Obvious choice here

Shots:
Fireball shot
Sacrifice Shot

Strategy:
Early game at low levels use fireball shot, kill everything with AOE, simple, nuff said about that.
Mid to late game strategy, use sacrifice shot on bosses and strong mobs, look what happens... when u you Sac shot and you have reduced damage (from Dragon Armor) you basically take little damage from Sac shot, and you get your own life leech thanks to vampire orb.
In the case of killing strong bosses whereby Sac. Shot will take roughly 300+ hp life from you when u fire, just turn on your Divine shield (thanks to Royal Shirt) and you take Zero damage from Sac Shot!)
My normal Sac. Shot deal 1200, critical it deals 1700! Aside from that you have no mana cost to sac shot and divine shield is only 95 mana, last for 6 secs and is on a low cool down, meaning you can spam divine shield, with tri-barrel for quite some time and not die thanks to life leech from Vampire orb.

Let me know what you guys think of this build, and yes you don't receive a set bonus for this, but at least each item individually has a special ability! that works well together and gives you decent stats overall!
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 4:13 am

I like the idea. It takes a step outside the box and uses a non-Set combo to get a great game effect.

The only real criticism that comes to mind, is that it seems the point to this combination is to combine mass slaughter with avoiding damage on boss levels. So my question becomes, who is taking the damage on boss levels? Now that I've updated the AI, units aren't so focused on killing player heroes as they are on killing. Getting their attention off of NPC heroes is hard enough ( I do plan on adding other healing Shots ) without going invulnerable periodically.

Tell me how it goes though, once you get it. Because as long as you have a tank and a healer or two this would be a great and safe DPS build.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 am

Do you mind telling me what bosses I would need a tank to take hits??
PS: Remember I only play public games and the farthest I have been is lvl 3 kobolds.

I see what your saying in 6.1 about the new AI, i'm personally not too keen on testing this out in 6.1 because I havta redo everything I did, LOL, that's gonna take time, which I don't have at this moment. I definitely agree that going invulnerable periodically will make creeps attack the NPCs, but my goals is to stop the creeps from getting to the NPC where our towers/guards would be.

From my understanding of boss fighting, if I am using Sac. Shot and i do turn on my Invulnerability on, the boss will find a new target to hit, but as soon as it wears off and I hit the boss again for 1200 dmg or 1700 crit, why wouldn't the boss hit me?

Or why wouldn't i be able to kill the boss fast enough with Sac. Shot and Tri-barrel, DPSing the boss with my divine shield on...???

BUG FIX (not really bug): I suggest you quickly try this out too see something that is a little annoying. You know when u shoot Sac. Shot and that red number appears above the Metatician's head?? Well the Life leech from Vampire orb is also place in the same spot! Making it difficult to read how much damage you deal to yourself and how much u have healed urself.

In addition the if you kill the last creep of the round, you will have 3 numbers above your head, life lost, life leech and gold, all these numbers are cluttered above the head of the metatician.

I would suggest life lost be located on the left side of the head, life leeched, on the right side, and gold above the head.

In addition, how is this combo programmed? When Sac. Shot and Vampire orb is used together, Do i lose HP first and then gain HP? or vice versa? or both at the same time? I suggest looking into the coding and have life lost first (from sac shot) and then life gained from (vampire orb).

Technically I can always just buy Divine shot and tank things myself toe to toe with bosses, or hit and run..I suppose, until i run outta mana and then switch back to Sac. Shot. lol
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 12:55 pm

You should switch Fireball shot out for Divine shot. Healing yourself with Divine shot is amazing, and since your planning to fight at close range and sometimes low on hp anyway, it should help you alot. It also has more synergy because it takes high mana cost, but when your running low you can simply switch to Sacrifice shot.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm

I totally agree with you Dragonheart...hehe, only 1 problem, lol after purchasing all that equipment i ran outta money...LOL!!, but yes if i farm up roughly 2k gold, then yes Divine shot would be significantly better than fireball.

Just a note: I like fireball because it only hits enemies, not allies, so in this case I would still use fireball because of AOE and low mana cost, use divine when i need to heal myself in combat, and use Sacrifice shot against less mobs of creeps, like golems and furbolgs and etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 1:12 pm

Btw, it must suck to have to rebuy those expensive shots each game. It would be cool if we could save more slots of gear since many things in this game require use of 2-3 shots/guns at different times and it's a pain in the ass to re-buy them.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Well, its no problem for me..lol, im 99, and I have 100k saved, so i load this char, buy w/e i want, if i want go hawk build, magi, dragon, ninja or any build...I have the money to do so, and then buy the shots i need. After im done and the game is over... I DONT SAVE.

Yah the only reason i play this game is to beat it and help others, and hope that changes in this game would bring a more flavorable experience, but at this current time, the changes from 5.3, 6.0 and 6.1, only result in the same build being dominant, Tri-barrel with Divine...I don't get it, how many times do I havta say this... :S LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)   New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Strategy/Build (Differs from all builds)
Page 1 of 1