Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skills

Go down 
+3
Balnazzar
Scyon
kuro
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 2:58 pm

Is there ever going to be any skill other than "shoot"?
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:34 pm

In my opinion this game is all about shooting and killing mobs of creeps. The problem is the only effective way of killing is Tri-barrel with AOE shots like Divine and Fireball.

In my opinion this game is suppose to be a fast, fun killing game of survival, but challenging enough to make this game last.

This game currently is has fast killing, and challenging, but it isn't fun anymore, simply because there's only 1 real weapon (tri barrel) and only a few good shots, the rest just sucks.

This is why I propose my suggestions on how to fix this game to bring more variety and fun back into the game, but its up to Zync to understand what i'm saying, and make the changes as he see fit.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Damn it... Scyon is seriously annoying... More than Jay.J while "Devil Advocating" and MAYBE even more annoying than Nitekreeper, but surely not as annoying as Hades.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 pm

There are various abilities you can get from items, and I hope that in the future there will be more special gun abilities.

Also Scyon, please stop badgering Zync. He will do as he pleases. You've stated your point sufficiently, anything from this point on is just being annoying. That will tend to get your posts deleted and generally make people think less of you. So, your point has been made and it's just time to wait for a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for the defense guys. But I view repetitive badgering just as repetitive barking from a dog. It's a lack of self-confidence due to the inability to do anything about what you want.

I'm by far immune to it by now, lol. My girl got a new dog that does it all the time, and while it is a very intelligent ( understanding English better than a young child ) it can't hide it's inferiority behind its intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:55 pm

Sorry din't mean to be annoying (kinda felt like you din't understand what i was trying to get across which so many others I play with understand), i just felt that 6.1 was a useless release :S since it offers nothing new, but w/e, as long as my message has been heard and understood by everyone, its all good.
Back to top Go down
Balnazzar
Elite Mage
Elite Mage
Balnazzar

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Your Character
Primary Move: Communist Propaganda

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Wth are you talking about? Saying a code reset is "Nothing new" is just... ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marxists.org
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:05 pm

So your saying your gonna change your build? Your not gonna be using Divine shot + Tri-barrel? or Fireball?

Sure the Master Sniper cool down decreased, sure the Master Rifle decreased from by 0.1, this is an insignificant change, that does not change game play, it doesn't offer something new, like 5.3 to 6.0, where i welcomed the use of Robe of the Magi, Replenish shot and tested out Pierce shot just for fun.

I don't see how you can consider 6.1 will make you play any differently?

I would much rather wait for 6.2, hope to see the guns be much more balanced to the suggestions the forums (which we all agree they need a BUFF), and the shots need AOE. Thus making game play more fun and different.

Because right now, 6.1 is just the same as 6.0 with some fixes, nothing new to offer to game play.

NOTE: I don't think the intent of the 6.1 release was to change game play...more like to reset the codes to stop cheating.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Scyon wrote:
Sorry din't mean to be annoying (kinda felt like you din't understand what i was trying to get across which so many others I play with understand), i just felt that 6.1 was a useless release :S since it offers nothing new, but w/e, as long as my message has been heard and understood by everyone, its all good.

Scyon wrote:
So your saying your gonna change your build? Your not gonna be using Divine shot + Tri-barrel? or Fireball?

Sure the Master Sniper cool down decreased, sure the Master Rifle decreased from by 0.1, this is an insignificant change, that does not change game play, it doesn't offer something new, like 5.3 to 6.0, where i welcomed the use of Robe of the Magi, Replenish shot and tested out Pierce shot just for fun.

I don't see how you can consider 6.1 will make you play any differently?

I would much rather wait for 6.2, hope to see the guns be much more balanced to the suggestions the forums (which we all agree they need a BUFF), and the shots need AOE. Thus making game play more fun and different.

Because right now, 6.1 is just the same as 6.0 with some fixes, nothing new to offer to game play.

NOTE: I don't think the intent of the 6.1 release was to change game play...more like to reset the codes to stop cheating.
Yes content is cool, but that's the problem with your suggestions Scyon. Gear does NOT make a good game, which is the focus of your suggestions. But in truth, Gameplay is what makes a game great, and is exactly what the Beta 6.1 release was. For you to say that Beta 6.0 and Beta 6.1 are the same shows me that you didn't even play the game. In fact, you never played the game. You just selected your Metacian and used Hotkeys A and Z.

Did you not notice the Spiders? You know, going invisible and attacking the MVP Metacian?! Did you not get Entangled when you killed a Golem? The credibility of your opinion in my eyes has taken a huge drop ... which is sad since you are more than willing to share your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 pm

Zync that's fine and all, its early game changes, i was half afk when i was playing so no i din't notice the invisible spiders and i have not gotten up to the golems.

Nor am I arguing about the AI of the creeps, i do complement your changes for AI.

But in the end...you know everyone will use Tri-barrel...right?? You know holy, fireball, divine shot will be the most used shots. This means the other guns are useless, and this means most of the rest of the shots are useless.

You din't make any change in terms of Player variety, in terms of use of guns and shots, everyone will follow the same steps to success.

1) Get Holy shot
2) Get Fireball shot (potentially sell some armor to get it quicker)
3) Get Shotgun (weaker version of Tri-barrel)
4) Farm exp and gold until you have sufficient power/essence to support Tri-barrel
5) Get equipment with balance of power and essence so that you can shoot for prolonged periods of time.
6) Everyone gets Tri-barrel divine shot and fireball shot and beats the game (at lvl 99) *someone will use Rep Shot (this shot is simply amazing!)

Please tell me how this differs from 5.3, 6.0???
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 3:35 am

It's a work in progress.

I've never played the game and I can still see that, especially from a mappers point of view. I have experience as a mapper and, yeah, people like you annoy me somewhat. You think that content is everything. I agree with Zync. It's not. New content leads to balance issues. Plus, what you are bitching about right now (the fact that tri-barrel is the best etc.) is something that he is obviously working on. Chill out and let the map evolve at a pace that the maker is okay with. Unless you want to start making your own map. In that case, do what you want.

Otherwise just offer suggestions and be respectful rather than egotistical and opinionated.

Quote :
but w/e, as long as my message has been heard and understood by everyone, its all good.
Do you really think your opinion is that important? Sorry. It's not. Hate to break that news. But, if you didn't know that already, then you're not a cynic.
Back to top Go down
HolyNeko
Mage
Mage

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Your Character
Primary Move: Crotch Kick

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 am

=/ if you read the other parts of the forum or even "played" the game you would see that guns when up exponentially in price to where people loaded up in old versions to buy cheaper guns thus ruining its balance

neko has spoken cat =P
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 am

I do agree with you Aqua, however my points/suggest were to balance the other guns so that they can be so called "usable" at lvl 99 and late game when waves of enemies are tough.

Currently, the only gun that is used at lvl 99 is Tri-barrel which cost 44k, Master Rifle is 88K and no one will use it. Master Sniper is 60K and no one uses, so you tell me why no one uses it, it because they suck in comparison to tri-barrel.

My suggestions would actually encourage people to try different play styles for late game use, other than the typical setup which I have stated above.

Yes I know this game is beta, but this is where you can make some significant changes to the game so that people can actually be different.

PS: My opinion seems to be shared with the public in which, who I play with online. Public games in which everyone just plays to have fun.

The number 1 complaint was the guns were too expensive, since tri-barrel is the only viable weapon of choice at lvl 99, it was made extremely expensive as new releases came out.

The number 2 complaint is why were the codes reset in 6.1. Like i said, end game play at lvl 99 is no different than 5.3 and 6.0. The leveling from 1-20 is exciting and challenging, i never disputed that, I have always enjoyed that.

The number 3 complaint is why do all other guns suck, as go with the shots, except for the ones I have previously mentioned.

The number 4 complaint is about Item sets, currently I like the sets, but about half of them are useless because the all the guns and shots suck (minus the exceptions) making only a few sets viable. PS: the best DPS Metacian is one with high power and lots of mana regen (this is the most popular play style currently).

I do believe following my suggestions would actually balance out the game at lvl 99, and would not require much change to Item set/bonuses, but rather complement them, hopefully. Heck even with my suggestions the game can be mundane in terms of play style, everyone running around with tri-barrel and divine :S. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:49 am

Neko I stated that exploit in a post long time ago, personally, I think of it as a minor annoying issue, simply because the money grind is pretty exhausting, but then again, so is every game generally.

People need money to test out builds, strategies to play and etc. This is still in its beta phase, and I feel just like most others, that this game is a 1 Gun game (tri-barrel) and only a few shots are useful at killing.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Your Character

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Ok Scyon, as stated in the Announcement "From the Creator", repeated annoyance will be ignored. This issue is that you don't realize how much of a drawback low range is and especially will become.
You only see equipment, and can only image equipment to be the fix of the Tri-barrel whores ... so from now on, whenever you repeat yourself ( once again ) don't be surprised when it gets deleted. As you are, you don't see the whole picture, and are only preventing progress.
Back to top Go down
Scyon
Mage
Mage

Skills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skills   Skills EmptyThu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 pm

Kk i understand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skills Empty