Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)

Go down 
+3
Jay.J
AquaAscension
kuro
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) Empty
PostSubject: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:33 am

lol! cat
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 6:27 am

Lol gross. It's kind of like human behavior... fight until someone gets hurt or starts vomiting. Usually only the latter applies.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:39 am

Wasn't really expecting that. Odd....I'd think the former applies more so than the latter Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:15 pm

Really, boring video. I've seen the exact same thing hundreds of times in my house. (I have 3 cats.) And there's nothing funny about cat barf. That's not even the reason they stopped barfing if you watch their body language and it doesn't line-up well anyway. It's a failure as a gag, a failure at being funny, and a failure at being realistic. Failsauce video is failsauce.
Back to top Go down
RapidFireOmega
RapidFireOmega

Number of posts : 394

Your Character
Primary Move: Controlled Spontaneous Combustion

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Wow ure a dick.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySat May 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Okay you are an ultimate troll. Cool.

Anyhow, I think that the cat gagging is the reason that the other two beasts cease their attack. I.e. the fighting light colored kitty would still like to continue its battle with the other cat until the other light kitty starts gagging. At that point, they both look up intently.

So... is the reason you have so many cats at home that you need really cute food to keep you alive because your appetite is for soul crushing food that's adorable? Really, I've heard trolls and, alternatively, dragons need to eat cute little kitties and make other people sad in order to stay alive.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySun May 17, 2009 1:29 am

AquaAscension wrote:
Okay you are an ultimate troll.
I'm battling with myself on whether or not this is a grammatically correct sentence or not.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySun May 17, 2009 6:50 am

What gives you pause?

In truth, there should be a comma after "okay."

Otherwise, the grammar of the sentence is correct. Unless you're thinking that "ultimate" is somehow an incorrect modifier to describe "troll."

Ultimate is an adjective which modifies the noun "troll." Additionally, the sentence IS grammatically correct because it fits into the the third "sentence pattern" according to the grammar textbook I have which is written by a person named "Vitto." (The first name eludes me.) Basically, "you" is the subject; "are" is the verb; and, because the verb is a form of "be," the sentence needs an adverb of time or place, a noun which renames the subject (predicate nominative), or an adjective which modifies the subject (predicate adjective). Thus, "troll" is the predicate nominative which renames "you" and completes the 3rd sentence pattern outlined in the Vitto textbook. I.e. if you were to diagram the sentence:

you | are \ troll
.........\okay\an\ultimate

Dots are used to put the modifiers underneath the words they modify.
Also, I'm not quite sure what "Okay" is used as in the sentence. I know that it is an "expletive" - that it has no grammatical importance whatsoever, but I'm choosing to diagram it as an adverb because it can be moved without changing the meaning of the sentence... sort of.

Also, "an" technically modifies troll because it is specifying how many and is an article which always function as adjectives in sentences.

Questions?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySun May 17, 2009 9:24 am

Just seemed to me like Ultimate would refer to a singular being with no other match to its strength. So what gave me pause was the use of "an" instead of "the" in that sentence.

Okay, you are an ultimate troll.
Okay, you are the ultimate troll.

Just seems to me like the second one would fit better. Ultimate is too powerful a word for the use of "an" in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySun May 17, 2009 2:23 pm

Lol, grammar debates. Humorous.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptySun May 17, 2009 7:18 pm

Technically, it's a semantic debate at this point.

I violated the prescriptive use of the word "ultimate."

It is somewhat like the words "unique" or "favorite." Technically, you can't modify those two words. I.e., you can't say, "That is the most unique/favorite" because unique is one thing. So, yes, there may have been some violation of the prescriptive or idiomatic use of the word "ultimate."
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) EmptyWed May 20, 2009 12:48 am

I have learned to try to avoid grammar debates.

On-Topic: I wasn't expecting the cat to barf until he/she started to move his/her head up and down, then it was fairly obvious. I've had my dog barf a lot, and on my carpet, too, and have had to clean it up. Luckily, that was on the wood floor, so it should be fairly easy to clean up, (at least, easier than carpet).

...as for funniness, I'd give it a 0, because it wasn't really funny, but it was surprising to see a cat barf up in the middle of a cat fight, and have the other cats watch him/her, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)   Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kitten Surprise!! (how to break up a cat fight)
Page 1 of 1