Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do You Want To Know?

Go down 
+6
diaster
AquaAscension
SinisteRing
Jay.J
Dragonheart91
Zync
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Karate Chop

Do You Want To Know? Empty
PostSubject: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:29 pm

Well, it is obvious that this forum is all but dead. Nevertheless, I've started up my development of "Metal And Magic" once again.

So, as I begin releasing new versions, should I bother posting it here, or does no one care?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Feel free. Any reason for us to come back together and talk here is fine with me. I miss you guys.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Post if you want to, it may revitalize the forums. Might not. But if you were going to, why not...
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:17 pm

K, thanks for the response.

I am in the process of implementing a completely unique damage system (all code based), so I won't be able to do another release for a day or two.

However, I might go ahead and post my last release I did this weekend once I get home. It includes advanced (but not perfect) AI, and a 3 shot system.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:32 pm

I'm in development of my own map. It's at a playable stage, and might be fun... but I'd rather wait until I develop it further to even bring it to the attention of those here at the forums.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
I'm in development of my own map. It's at a playable stage, and might be fun... but I'd rather wait until I develop it further to even bring it to the attention of those here at the forums.

Too late. Epic fail.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:40 am

Rofl, you just brought it to the attention of the forums...Do you re-read what you type before hitting send and then think about what you wrote?

Sidenote: Aqua is still around =). I love that guy.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

I'm still here! or am I?? *shifts in to the shadows and trips on a rock* Dammit can't see over here...
Back to top Go down
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:36 pm

Just comes to show you how many of us are still around..
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:39 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Rofl, you just brought it to the attention of the forums...Do you re-read what you type before hitting send and then think about what you wrote?

Sidenote: Aqua is still around =). I love that guy.

Haha. Thanks. It's nice to "feel" the love of people I've never met and probably will never meet; it kind of makes me feel like God, or at least a rock star. Oh, but my Warcraft PC is kind of dead, and I don't want to take the time to resuscitate it, so there is no more WCIII for me for the time being. Plus, ton of crap going on in that place that takes up most of my time, no not WoW, real life, which is like WoW on steroids. Painful, debilitating steroids. At least there's no grinding to level up in order to get your mount; usually the mount comes first, then the grinding. Anyhow, several bad puns later, I bid you adieu.

Edit: Agreed @ Angel.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:08 pm

I never mentioned what the map was, simply that I had one. That was what I meant by even bringing it to the attention of those here at the forums.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:47 pm

Real life? That has good graphics and you don't need that good of an operating system either. Gameplay is meh, but there are a lot of things to do in it. It should last you a while.

On a more serious note: I'm actually pretty surprised that we have more than like 3 people who even bother checking up here once in a while. O, and Aqua - don't even worry, we'll meet. Some far off day, we'll both be academics and meet at some conference at some college or some university. Then I'll be like, you seem familiar. But I won't recognize you, and you not knowing what I look like, won't know who I am. It'll be cool. Don't worry. I can't wait for it.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:16 pm

I may not be considered a regular but I do check here everyday to see if anything new happens.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:42 am

If you check every day, then your a regular. We need to do something with this community. I don't even care about any games or anything, but you guys are alot of fun. PEOPLE are the real valuable factor, and we have a good community here. I would hate to see it get broken up or fall apart.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 am

I check multiple times every day.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:23 am

English and Psychology in one place? The BS will overwhelm us. Perhaps I'll be a keynote speaker one day in a land far away (like Canada) where there are rainbows and unicorns for all, or at least the occasional puppy. Or, you may one day find yourself in one of our large urban areas where I'll be helping out inner city youth to understand to express their angst and rage through the salve of poetry, or (and I may like this last on the best) if the girl I'm getting to know someday becomes a famous Psychologist Musician and gets invited to a conference where I tag along because of my research in the connection between language and the cerebellum and also because, for ONCE, I can find a girl who's not completely destroyed from her past life... yeah, anyhow, for that one moment, I'll ponder the existence of God, probably say a silent prayer, and have a renewed interest in research and writing.

Or, I could not let my fingers sketch out daydreams like castles in the sand with an ever-encroaching tide.

Also, that was far too close to an RP forum entry to be comfortable.

I think I write too much to be a good forum poster anyway.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:44 am

Well I'm an electrical engineer if that help balance things out?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Wait, wait wait wait wait. Wait. Did you just give us a peek into your real life? "if the girl I'm getting to know someday becomes a famous Psychologist Musician" Is that your current girlfriend or are you just making up some random girl right now. And "for ONCE, I can find a girl who's not completely destroyed from her past life..." Sounds pretty real. Though, "Also, that was far too close to an RP forum entry to be comfortable. " throws me off.

Don't think about it though. It'll just happen. Don't worry how, or when or why. It just will happen. The problem is neither of will recognize each other. IMO, every time you meet someone from Canada that's a male in my age category, you should be like "Jay! Is that you?".
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 pm

No girlfriend at the moment.

I actually do know a couple of people from Canada, but they aren't male or in your age range.

Just hoping for a girl who is right for me, and kind of in the process of courtship.

But since my middle name around girls is awkward... I'm kind of hoping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Okay, so that was entirely "Roleplay".

How weird would it be if you actually tried a "Jay is that you?" and then tried to play it off like you didn't say anything if they didn't respond like "Ya it is!!"

What's your middle name? If you don't mind me asking, just ignore this sentence if you do. Come to think of it....I don't know your name at all.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:35 am

I am to guess that it's Adam.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:44 am

My middle name is David. Razz
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:08 pm

No, that was actually a glimpse into the life of an English ninja... not like a British ninja, but a Ninja who is studying English. <-- this is a reference to a few posts back.

No, my name is not Adam... first middle or last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Want To Know?   Do You Want To Know? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Want To Know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Warcraft III Hosted Maps :: Metal & Magic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: