Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid people, (and maybe pets)

Go down 
+6
AquaAscension
ÐeathByCyanide
Dragonheart91
Jay.J
SinisteRing
Bartimaeus
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Inferno

Stupid people, (and maybe pets) Empty
PostSubject: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 11:30 pm

Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:20 am

Not funny, just painful. =(
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 12:36 am

I wonder how and why some of these moments had someone with a camera near by and they happen to film it Razz. Decent. 3.7/5.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 am

SinisteRing wrote:
Not funny, just painful. =(

I found them hilarious, because mostly, they're people and self-inflicted. I feel bad for some of the pets, as they're much less prone to self-conceived accidents.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 am

The only one that amused me was the idiot trying to brand a horse while standing in kicking range. All the rest were painful accidents and/or animals getting hurt and that just sucked.
Back to top Go down
ÐeathByCyanide
GFX Artist
GFX Artist
ÐeathByCyanide

Number of posts : 524

Your Character
Primary Move: Combustion-

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:16 pm

I thought the one where the girl was on a bike, about to go over a ramp. Then she gets struck by a random RC car
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Number of posts : 580

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Dragon Kick

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:02 pm

ÐeathByCyanide wrote:
I thought the one where the girl was on a bike, about to go over a ramp. Then she gets struck by a random RC car

Dude... write in complete sentences and finish your...

thoughts.

"I thought the one where the girl was on a bike, about to go over a ramp" what? You thought the one what? Let me explain why the bold stuff is not a complete sentence: it has no verb. You fail. Epic. (Don't retort with, "But 'Epic's' not a sentence!" because I know that already.)

Let's take out the the two relative clauses and the prepositional phrase, shall we?

If we do that in your aborted sentence, we have:
"I thought"

That's it. Those are the only two words sans the phrases and clauses. Unfortunately for you, "thought" is not a complete... well, thought. It's one of those odd verbs that require a "be verb" be be of any use. Normally it'll be in a "I + thought + relative clause + 'be verb' construction = complete sentence."

To fix: "I thought [that] the one where the girl was on a bike was funny/was stupid/was interesting."

Make less grammar mistakes so that I don't have to be a groggy Nazi, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Lol, I noticed how he didn't think anything, but didn't say anything. I find it funny how Aqua went all out on it instead.
Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:06 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Lol, I noticed how he didn't think anything, but didn't say anything. I find it funny how Aqua went all out on it instead.

Yeah, I'm off trying to correct people.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:37 pm

I know that I'm grammatically incorrect sometimes when I post on the internet, and I'm okay with being a little lax every so often, but I dislike certain errors. Obviously, I dislike certain errors enough to rant for awhile. While it is nothing against those who make the errors (because very few people are taught an adequate amount of English grammar), it is more an anger at the inadequate writings and silly flubs which will leave other people in the real who actually care annoyed. Think about it like going through a grotesque amount of grammatical training so that you don't get shred to pieces by real life grammar Nazis (aka high school teachers, and at least one English professor at every college, ever).
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Few people re-read what they posted before they hit send.

Most people read their paper more than once before they turn it in.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I find it pleasurable to watch grammar nazi's go all-out on mindless forum dwellers. I hardly ever make a grammatical mistake. I'm just good enough to accomplish that. This is, of course, excluding those times where I actually aim to make it grammatically incorrect. However, this isn't the point. The true point is that I'm just so pro that grammar nazi's tend to steer clear of my path. Kthx. <-- Intentional
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:14 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
I. The true point is that I'm just so pro that grammar nazi's tend to steer clear of my path.l

Is that grammatically correct?
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:19 pm

I think that statement is missing a comma.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Nazi should be capitalized.

Is pro considered a word that doesn't mean in favor of but, like an acceptable short form for professional?

Should he be using "true point" opposed to some other adjective?

Etc. Aqua, weigh in please.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:47 pm

I. The true point is that I'm just so pro that grammar nazi's tend to steer clear of my path.l

Loosely, he's correct, but there are at least one or two glaring mistakes.

1. There is nothing for the "Nazi" to possess and, therefore, should have the apostrophe removed in favor of pluralizing the word to "Nazis." Additionally, it's clear from the context that he is speaking of all grammar "Nazis" and not just a singular grammar "Nazi."

2. "just" is somewhat awkwardly placed. It might benefit from being moved to directly after the incorrect usage of the word "Nazi's," however, the word merely attempts to add an extra layer of this persons ill-conceived "leetness" and could probably be removed as it is simply redundant. And sad. (I make purposeful mistakes too.)

3. Lastly, I suppose, is that the word "true" is also redundant. The value of any point being made is that the point itself is assumed to be true, yes? What is the point of making a false point in an argument? From my perspective, there is no point to making a false statement save to mislead. If the original poster of this comment needs to pad himself with redundancies that insist on our belief in his abilities (and also yellow font to seem more special), then we may have to wonder why we should believe this poster in the first place. In other words, points are generally assumed to be true, and, thus, this adjective becomes silly and the sentence could be improved by its removal.

Lastly, there is a heavy reliance on relative clauses (i.e. "that + noun + verb" (although other words can be used instead of that, it makes no difference for the time being)) which seems to indicate the person's "pro-ness" does not stem from the mastery of the techniques of the English written language. Generally, relative clauses get tiresome to endure because they are like asterisks on product placement advertisements in which one is told slightly more information in a somewhat annoying manner.

Those are my grammar 2 cent pieces on that sentence.
Back to top Go down
Armaneth
Mage
Mage
Armaneth

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 5:36 am

After reading the first Grammar Nazi rant post, my head exploded.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 5:07 am

I apologize. You can file a complaint at our hot-line 1(800)YES-NAZI (all of the other good numbers were taken so we kind of had to go with that one... we get a lot of calls from... less than desirable people). We generally accept most types of insurance. We also offer tutorials so that you can keep your white and gray matter in your head next time a Nazi ninjas someone's post on the inter-web.
Back to top Go down
The_Angel
Expert Mage
Expert Mage

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:59 am

Oh geez, I love you Aqua.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 2:30 am

hahaha... I have no idea why, but thank you for making my self worth go up as much as it can given the anonymity of the internet and the inherent meaninglessness of most communication by virtue of that anonymous nature.

BTW, I really do feel like I Grammar Ninja'd Sin and that he should give me an internet cookie for some kind of reward especially after being "pwned" in a sentence which clearly attempted to express his grammatical "leetness." Oh, and here's an "all your base are belong to us" for good measure of internet colloquialisms.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:09 pm

I'd definitely go all grammar nazi on your ass, too, Aqua. The problem is that I'm a lazy bastard unless I find it to be a devious and self-rewarding task. You, my friend, are simply not worth the effort!
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 pm

I wonder how long he looked over that post.
Back to top Go down
AquaAscension
Legendary
Legendary

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:58 am

Eh? Well, I'm not worth your time but neither is MMM, and plenty of people like that map, so I suppose I'll take myself being "not worth your time" with a pinch to a fist-full of salt. Nothing like salt on an open ego-wound. Plus, I'm not the one with pretensions of perfect grammar even though I aced my advanced grammar class last semester.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:40 am

Some people say there's always room for improvement. I disagree. I'm absolutely perfect and can't get any better.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:41 am

Lolololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid people, (and maybe pets)   Stupid people, (and maybe pets) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid people, (and maybe pets)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: