Novice Mage
JoeMamma138

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves

Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:31 pm

We're also trying to reform the clan MMMR which I had made that was Mages Magic and Mayhem Revived. We were trying to bring it back but then the patch screwed us over, so if you could get back to me on whether or not you can save the map that would be great pyth.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:03 pm

We should totally just make the map open source.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 8:41 pm

As of right now, I have no idea what other code configurations are causing the map to be uninitializable, and I do not know which sections they would exist in, it is difficult to isolate the problem because disabling one questionable section means I have to disable over half of the rest of the map.

Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:04 pm

Thanks for the help Pythagoras, but at this point I agree with SinisteRing. If you don't want to spend your time on it anymore, just release the latest unprotected version you have open source.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
JoeMamma138
Novice Mage
Novice Mage
JoeMamma138

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:21 pm

hey pyth, did you check the link I posted?

If you contact some of those people they might be able to tell you how to convert it for the new patch...Also I think blizzard has some information on how to convert maps....
Back to top Go down
Hodhod
Apprentice Mage
Apprentice Mage
Hodhod

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 am

So any playable ver out yet? me needs to play ..the ver 8 SinisteRing posted is unplayable pale
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Pythagoras is working on it, but due to the complexity of the coding int his map; it is quite difficult. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but if anyone can fix it, it would probably be Pyth. (Or Zync, but that's a topic for another day.)
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm depressed today, so I'll give it another go.

I'll report back in about 30 minutes or so.

Edit: 32 minutes later, I've disabled over half of the map, and still dependencies are traced back to the trigger I actually wanted to test for incompatibility. At this point I've given up. Sorry kids.

Back to top Go down
ThisIsGinga
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-12-01

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:19 am

So what now? we should just give up all hope for ever playing this game again? I MISS YOU MMM. Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 12:31 am

You could try to learn JASS, and figure it out and try to fix it yourself from the Open source version.

http://lolcatz.jayj
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 am

Seems doubtful, I could probably build the map from scratch and piecewise copying faster than I could find the problem, and that would probably take me upwards of about 8 hours of solid work.

Back to top Go down
ThisIsGinga
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 am

@ Jay: Actually I tried to get my friend, who said that he has fixed maps before, to fix it, but it was beyond him. (He did it to get adminship on my bot Surprised )

@ Pyth: While I wont specifically ask you to spend hours of work on this, I just want you to remember everyone who you used to know/still know that would want to play this game and then see if you don't wanna fix it Twisted Evil.

naaa i know your busy but still it would be nice if someone would fix this for us people just checking the forum everyday for some hope
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 2:15 pm

In the end you shouldn't worry about it to much anyways, I'm sure I will remake the mod when Starcraft II is finally released. And unless I get some serious modeling help, it will certainly be free.

Besides, with the new power the Galaxy editor is promising, I'm sure I will make some changes that were never possible in WC3 and will improve it overall.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:57 pm

I'll remake it in HoN before you remake it in SC2!
Back to top Go down
ThisIsGinga
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 7:02 pm

Speeeeeeaking of which if some1 has an extra cdkey for that game. I kinda wanna try it out since sinsterimg keeps posting hero suggestions and what not lol ( i mean good times)
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm

I can send you one. Post the E-Mail you want me to send you a key for.

I'm good friends with the forum moderators/admins. They get unlimited. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisIsGinga
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:23 am

You sir are my new favorite person to mooch off of Razz. Its dontbe_emo@yahoo.com also do i get to invite someone with this invite because i would like to invite my friend to it also. If not... Well i wont speciffically ask you for another one. Ill just imply it subtly With several smileys alien Wink tongue well thats enough for me anyway thanks sinister
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 am

I need the E-Mail of your friend as well.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:49 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
I'll remake it in HoN before you remake it in SC2!
I guess you could, however, I'm sure the interface will prevent an 11 spell system. But I would try it if you pulled it off (i.e. finished a map for once, lol).

It's really the new interface and attribute system that I am anxious about. My hope is that I can do what I always wanted, which was to have a "hero stat" for every element, that not only modifies the power of the elements you choose, but your heroes stats. (You have the attribute "Earth" that increases your health and increases the strength of some earth spell effects). This could all-together prevent the restriction of 2 elements, and let you vary in them as much as you want. In addition, I hope the interface is good enough to allow in-game mapping. That would remove the need for set spell books and allow the player to choose the mapping of their spells (maybe even dynamic hotkeys if the galaxy editor thing is advanced enough!).
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:31 pm

You can already have at least 12 spells in HoN. Triple-interface spells (like Soulstealer's 1st spell) and customizable hotkeys make sure of that.

Beyond that, you can place in "modifier keys" which change according to how you want spells to act and such. Honestly, once the SDK comes out and allows you to make functions to mess with the internal data (such as what a heroes primary attribute are), the possibilities will be 100% limitless.

Also, Starcraft 2 might limit you to using interval-based things, such as having 0.5 second delays for a DOT and things like that to make sure it doesn't lagg too much. For HoN, a spell that impacts every 0.001 seconds for minor damage wont hurt framerate at all. It's perfectly smooth.

But overall, it's really up to you in what you feel like trying, Zync. I'm putting all my eggs into HoN Modding, as it's quite successful and people are really getting into it. Being able to change source code allows much more variety that S2 will probably ever achieve, and that's why I'm starting to learn XML for HoN scripting. If you haven't seen it yet, you should look at my Hero Mod in the Modifications section on the HoN forum. I've already created 21 heroes with the help of one other person over 3 weeks. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThisIsGinga
Intermediate Mage
Intermediate Mage

Your Character
Primary Move:

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:56 pm

I sent you a pm with the email sinster (just making sure)
Back to top Go down
JoeMamma138
Novice Mage
Novice Mage
JoeMamma138

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Well hey, HoN sounds really cool and I guess a lot of you are playing on it, could also get a key for that to try it out?
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:03 am

Back to top Go down
Bartimaeus
Bartimaeus

Number of posts : 865

Your Character
Primary Move: Inferno

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:04 pm

"announced 5 months ago"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...   Blizzard screwed 7.20c up... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Blizzard screwed 7.20c up...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: