Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My HoN Hero Suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

My HoN Hero Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm

MINDWAVE [Legion]
Ranged Intelligence (Ganking Soloist)
My HoN Hero Suggestion Enorym
The Idea

After enjoying the Pandamonium playstyle, I wanted to see more heroes that had a movement-based scheme to make another fantastic ganker. The problem I had with Pandamonium was his mediocre ability to solo. Therefore, the goal here was to create a hero that was able to both solo and gank effectively while maintaining the movement scheme. From this, I have created Mindwave the Telekinetic, based on a hero from a Warcraft 3 map which I cannot recall anything of besides this hero.
Story

Long ago, an ancient civilization strived in order to master the arts of mental manipulation. After generations of living in secrecy, the art was founded as Telekinesis, thus giving arise to the order of Telekinetics. Wielding unseen magics, the Telekinetics are able to move the world around them at their whim, creating devastating effects on their environment. Now that war has been declared upon the Hellbourne, the Telekinetics have sent one of their best, Mindwave, to help defeat the common enemy.
Graphics

Telekinesis is usually related to the color purple. Purple would be the best color scheme for the hero. Alongside that, white and black are the other two colors that are relative to the mind and telekinesis. The actual figure of the hero, however, should probably be very slender with a long or wide head. Mindwave's head is definitely the most important feature of the graphics.
Sound

Should sound a lot like Vindicator probably, intelligence being the primary factor. However, might need a bit of an echo for a kinetic effect. Some samples of what he might say:
"Let's force them back", "Let's move there", "We have movement", "Push and pull", "On foot, I suppose"

Role

Mindwave has a broad range of uses. He is able to initiate very well using forced movement against the enemy. He also has strong ganking and soloing ability due to his unique skillset. Beyond that, he can DPS and CC decently considering his two AoE spells.
Stats
Attack Range: 550 (ranged)
Attack Animation: 0.4/0.5
Projectile Speed: 900
Movement Speed: 305
Starting Damage: 48-50
Base Armor: -0.5
Base Magic Armor: 5.5
Affiliation: Legion
Strength - 16 + 1.4
Agility - 19 + 1.6
Intelligence - 25 + 2.9
Overall - 60 + 5.9

SKILLSET

My HoN Hero Suggestion PriceofprideTelekinetic Push [Q]
Using mental forces, Mindwave pushes the target unit away, dealing damage and disorienting them.
Type: Push. Target Unit.
Targets: Enemy Units.
Damage: 100/160/220/280 Push damage.
Stun Duration: 0.25/0.50/0.75/1.00 seconds.
Push Distance: 200 units in the direction from Mindwave to the target.
Cast Range: 600 units.
Cooldown: 16/13/11/10 seconds.
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110 mana.
Simply a push spell that deals damage and ministuns the target. This, in conjunction to the Telekinetic Port, can be used for excellent positioning on the enemy heroes while ganking. It will also help keep the targets in the fray when ganking from behind them.

My HoN Hero Suggestion MindwrackTelekinetic Pulse [W]
Mindwave lets out a pulse of energy, disrupting the minds of those near him. All affected units are silenced, slowed, and damaged. The Telekinetic Field loses its effect the farther away the target is.
Type: Magic. Toggled Aura.
Affects: Enemy Units.
Damage: 100/150/200/250 Magic damage.
Silence Duration Minimum: 1 second.
Silence Duration Maximum: 3 seconds.
Movement Speed Slow: -10/20/30/40% movement speed.
Movement Speed Duration Minimum: 1/2/3/4 seconds.
Movement Speed Duration Maximum: 3/3/4/4 seconds.
Radius: 500 units.
Cooldown: 21 seconds.
Mana Cost: 130/135/140/145 mana.
You have 2 buttons, W and E. You can choose to activate W to push them towards Mindwave while he has it active. You can choose to activate E to push them away from Mindwave while he has it active. If you don't want anyone around you to move, then turn it off to stop draining mana and stop the effect.

My HoN Hero Suggestion SpiritualpainTelekinetic Levitation [Passive] & [E]
Mindwave uses telekinesis to raise his feet off the ground, allowing him to levitate and move faster. When he focuses, he is able to levitate high enough to fly over trees.
Type: Passive.
Movement Speed Increase: +2/4/6/8% movement speed.
Effects: Unitwalking, Cliffwalking on self.
Duration: 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds.
Mana Cost: 30 mana.
This is a simple passive at first. It increases movement speed. However, it also adds a subskill for the E key which will allow temporary unitwalking and cliffwalking. Will not allow Mindwave to go through trees, however.

My HoN Hero Suggestion HexbreakerULTIMATE: Telekinetic Port [R]
Mindwave uses the forces at his whim to move his target to a location of his choice.
Type: Magic. Target Unit/Target Location.
Targets: Organic Units.
Cast Range: 400/500/600 units.
Cooldown: 31/28/25 seconds.
Mana Cost: 150/250/350 mana.
Basically, you target a unit with this spell. The spell is then replaced with another which you cast on a location. The recently targetted unit will be teleported to the location. Note you are able to target and teleport yourself with this spell.

HERO & ITEM SYNERGY
My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128
Tempest, Behemoth, Keeper of the Forest, and Magmus

Heroes that have strong AoE ultimates for damage and disable work really well with Mindwave considering Mindwave has an ultimate to pull all enemies into a nice small bunch for the ultimates to go off.
My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128My HoN Hero Suggestion Icon_128
Pyromancer, Torturer, Plague Rider, Hammerstorm, Pebbles, and Pandamonium

Heroes with strong burst AoE damage also work incredibly well with Mindwave because Mindwave can put the enemy right up in the fray for all that AoE to go off without fail.
My HoN Hero Suggestion Item_FrostfieldPlateMy HoN Hero Suggestion Item_MorphMy HoN Hero Suggestion Item_Damage10
Frostfield Plate, Totem of Kuldra, and Mock of Brilliance

Frostfield Plate works well with the AoE of Mindwave. His strong AoE and pulling effects make him extremely strong for crowd control and Frostfield Plate combined with Telekinetic Pulse should slow all enemy units to a halt. Totem of Kuldra also works well with Mindwave. He would be able to disable a unit for a fairly long time with it and keep outputting damage. With so much crowd control, Mock of Brilliance would allow Mindwave to put out way more damage to the enemy team in order to scale well later into the game.

CHANGELOG

November 26, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.25 (Semi-Remake):[/u][/b]
* Increased Attack Range from 500 to 550.
* Lowered Base Strength from 18 to 16.
* Lowered Base Agility from 21 to 19.
* Lowered Agility Gain from 1.9 to 1.6.
* Lowered Base Intelligence from 29 to 25.
* Lowered Intelligence Gain from 3.1 to 2.9.
* Added an "Overall" stat for the overall base stat + gain between all attributes.
* Scrapped Telekinetic Field.
* Returned Telekinetic Pulse with minor changes.
* Updated the tooltip for Telekinetic Levitation to display more in-depth information.
* Increased Telekinetic Port's Cooldown from 25/22/19 seconds to 31/28/25 seconds.
* Decreased Telekinetic Port's Mana Cost from 200/300/400 mana to 150/250/350 mana.
November 24, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.20 (Remake):[/u][/b]
* Lowered Intelligence Gain from 3.4 per level to 3.1 per level.
* Increased Telekinetic Push's Cooldown from 15/12/10/9 seconds to 16/13/11/10 seconds.
* Scrapped Telekinetic Pulse.
* Created Telekinetic Field as the second ability.
* Scrapped Telekinetic Slam.
* Created Telekinetic Speed as the third ability.
November 20, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.12:[/u][/b]
* Increased Telekinetic Push's Damage from 70/130/180/220 damage to 100/160/220/280 damage.
* Removed the damage effect on Telekinetic Pulse.
* Increased Telekinetic Pulse's Cooldown from 15 seconds to 18 seconds.
* Added note on Telekinetic Slam stating the target will not be pulled if the distance is greater than 200.
* Decreased Telekinetic Port's Mana Cost from 200/400/600 mana to 200/300/400 mana.
* Decreased Telekinetic Port's Cooldown from 25 seconds to 25/22/19 seconds.
November 19, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.11:[/u][/b]
* Changed Telekinetic Pulse to have percentage-based movement slow instead of static.
- It now has 10/20/30/40%-15/30/45/60% percentage slow instead of the 30/50/70/90-60/80/100/120 static slow.
* Updated Telekinetic Slam with distance jumped.
* Updated Telekinetic Slam with the movement speed while jumping.
[b][u]Version 1.10 (Remake):[/u][/b]
* Created Telekinetic Push as the first ability.
* Scrapped Focus.
* Created Telekinetic Slam as the third ability.
* Scrapped Telekinetic Pull.
* Changed Telekinetic Port to be the ultimate.
* Decreased Cast Range of Telekinetic Port from 600/750/900/1050 units to 400/500/600 units.
* Increased Telekinetic Port's Cooldown from 28 seconds to 70 seconds.
* Increased Telekinetic Port's Mana Cost from 170 mana to 200/400/600 mana.
* Removed maximum teleport distance on Telekinetic Port.
November 18, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.01:[/u][/b]
* Increased Telekinetic Port's Mana Cost from 90 mana to 170 mana.
* Changed Telekinetic Port's Cooldown from 28/25/22/19 seconds to a static 28 seconds.
* Changed Focus's Stun Duration from 2.5/2.0/1.5/1.0 seconds to a static 2 seconds.
* Added increased damage intake effect to Focus.
November 17, 2009
Code:
[b][u]Version 1.00:[/u][/b]
* Initial Presentation.

Last edited by SinisteRing on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:06 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:17 pm

Give feedback pl0x.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 12:42 pm

lol wtf, those skill icons are all mesmer skills from guildwars.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 1:03 pm

Hero/10
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Updated it. What do you think now, Jay? And yes, they're Mesmer icons from Guild Wars. It's not like I have a personal GFX artist at my disposal...
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 am

SinisteRing wrote:
Updated it. What do you think now, Jay? And yes, they're Mesmer icons from Guild Wars. It's not like I have a personal GFX artist at my disposal...
na it just adds to the awesomeness of the build imo.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am

Looks very overpowered. Blink + Disable + Moderate damage all on a single non-ultimate move? Seriously? And a 500 range aoe move that stuns + slows + silences + heavy damage? And wtf is up with the ultimate gaining a measly +100 range but increasing the mana cost by 200 each level.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:01 pm

Ultimate has shit for numbers.
Telekinetic Slam is fine.
Pulse is a bit OP (Compare it to Puck)
Push seems okay.

The hero overall is pretty overpowered in concept. Lots of disables/pseduo disables, excellent positioning of self, and others and good damage.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Dragonheart91 wrote:
wtf is up with the ultimate gaining a measly 100 range but increasing the mana cost by 200 each level.
Vengeful Spirit's ultimate increases by 300 range and requires 50 more mana per level. This ultimate is about 3-4x as powerful AND he is int, not agility.

Jay.J wrote:
Ultimate has shit for numbers.
Telekinetic Slam is fine.
Pulse is a bit OP (Compare it to Puck)
Push seems okay.

The hero overall is pretty overpowered in concept. Lots of disables/pseduo disables, excellent positioning of self, and others and good damage.
Compared to someone like, say, Tiny, the hero doesn't do much damage at all. At level 8 (assuming you don't get your ultimate (like an idiot)), you'd have a maximum of 540 possible burst damage. And even that is unlikely due to the nature of Pulse.

However, considering his positioning power, you have a point. I'll work around Pulse and the ultimate a bit more. I'll also see what I can do with Push to make it a bit better as well.
Back to top Go down
Zync
Elite Mage
Elite Mage

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Your Character
Primary Move: Karate Chop

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I like the hero concept; it would be fun to play. But I do agree with previous statements, it is OP. Each ability by itself is fine; it’s the combination that makes it so. Every ability he has stops channelers, and at a great range! (At least 2 of the Panda’s abilities are melee, and only 1 has good range.)

My suggestions:

I really like the Telekinetic Push and the Telekinetic Pulse abilities, however, Telekinetic Slam OPs him with those 2 abilities. Therefore, I suggest removing it in favor of some kind of buffing or passive ability that does not disable. (Maybe taking Int from an enemy hero for a period of time, similar to DotA’s Obsidian Destroyer, without the phase out, would be the most disable I could agree upon.)

Also, having more than one ability that moves an enemy is OP in and of itself. So, I suggest changing Telekinetic Port to basically be a high-range blink (maybe 1500-1750 range with a ~45 second cooldown), that triggers Telekinetic Pulse at the end.
This creates a Telekinetic Port, Telekinetic Push, and then another Telekinetic Pulse if the target stays around. (This does an average of 4 (max 6) seconds of silence, 1 second of stun, and an average of720 (max 820) damage.) As long as the [E] ability doesn’t disable, I would think this combo would be fair and effective.

But I know these are some decent changes, and I know you won’t like them; it’s just what I thought of reading this post.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 1:23 pm

He has 3 nukes, all of which disable and position as well...He does too much basically.

Also think about how people would level him when you're building a hero, like 1/2/1/3/1/4 Or whatever, part of that is balance too.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:06 pm

I'll rework him a bit. Gosh.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Note: You can't bold and underline in "Code". Silly.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:06 am

Jay.J wrote:
Note: You can't bold and underline in "Code". Silly.
You can on the HoN Forums, and that's why it's there. I don't feel like removing it. Either way, I remaade the hero again. Take a look and tell me what you think of the current skills. You might not be familiar with some of the content, but I think I did something right this time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 pm

Stats are too good for the skill set. I don't know about HoN, but he would have the 7th highest stat gain in the game. With such an amazing skillset it's pretty absurd. You have a 6.4 Gain, lower it to like 5.5-6.1. You have starting base stats of 68, lower it to 55, well - 55 is average, and clearly this hero is above average.

Also, is the Telekenetic field supposed to be like my skill you had on that one map of yours? It doesn't seem to synergyze with anything, and might actually not be useful. Especially early on. It's also quite costly. I don't know how MS works, but isn't the just basically a constant MS reduction... done in a different way? Because of the skill change, he now also lacks damage. IMO, give him back the Slow/Silence . The passive is good, consider giving him 300MS though.

A movement and positioning hero is very hard to balance though.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 4:55 pm

2/4/6% movement speed seems like a ridiculous ability. I would prefer him to have the thunderclap esk move again. The toggle on/off move seems nice, but I do agree that it's alot of mana and very weak at low levels.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:07 am

Updated to 1.25.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:32 pm

Levitation is ... Bad. At least now that it's become an active skill. It's just a crappy version of Phase boots with a worse duration and CD, except you can walk over cliffs which is still shitty in comparison to Specs dagger.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 pm

The movement speed buff is passive and remains at all times. The cliffwalking/unitwalking is an active. Much like phase boots. Also, it still helps the hero without being overpowered. Wouldn't you get 1 level into it around level 3-5?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:17 pm

It should either always be active, or have better numbers. Again it's just Phase boots active, with a little bit more. The +MS isn't that great. Compare to say, empowering haste - similar +MS and like +70 damage versus being able to walk through units and cliffs, but not trees. As an active compare it to Dagger which increases MS, gives vision, lowers opponents MS, and can be used in more areas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My HoN Hero Suggestion   My HoN Hero Suggestion Empty

Back to top Go down

My HoN Hero Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: