Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ToR

Go down 
+2
Balnazzar[Bot]
Kisame
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

ToR - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ToR   ToR - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:46 am

Balnazzar[Bot] wrote:
I'm saying it is. I'm saying the whole process of deciphering a complex matter to come to a message gives more beneficial results than just getting the message handed to you.
Balnazzar[Bot] wrote:
Since even you are saying the majority of times it's the case, then you should give me an example of when it's not the case.
Balnazzar[Bot] wrote:
Not really, it may be better in that particular case on the plane of practicality, but in essence, in the plane of potential, complexity is still better.

-.-

You're changing your position as to not hurt your ego since you were proven wrong ='(. The whole point is that simplicity can be better than complexity.

Even people who get it when it's complex, will still get it and be able to formulate the complexities involved from the simplicity (on their own) - which makes them think and go through the process themselves, making it a deeper learning - which means that simplicity is better in the case of "above average intelligence" people as well.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar[Bot]
Master Mage
Master Mage
Balnazzar[Bot]

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Write

ToR - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ToR   ToR - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:23 pm

Ugh I'm getting tired of this now pointless debate, we've said the same things in 5 different ways.
You: Simplicity can have the same effect.
Me: Simplicity can't have the same effect because of the process required to discover complexity, and what comes with it.

Also, my ego can't be hurt. Try it. (Honestly, I don't care about proving myself at all because of a complex philosophy of mine that dictates my behavior and... let's leave that for another time).

Also, I did not change my position at all, when I said even you are saying it's so the majority of times, and asked for an example, it was not to say I believe it's only so in the majority of cases, it was to know better what you thought of as exception to it.

The third quote, I didn't change my position either, what I said is:
If people can't possibly understand complexity, then sure, give them simplicity; until the moment they are ready to process complexity that's what they will get, but even so, complexity is still better, because even if it is not applicable in this subpar scenario, in essence it's better. In the plane of possibility it's better.

Happy with the explanations, Jay?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

ToR - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ToR   ToR - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 am

No because you ignored everything I said? Or misinterpreted it.

Basically, Strawman.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar[Bot]
Master Mage
Master Mage
Balnazzar[Bot]

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Write