Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curiosity on your opinion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Curiosity on your opinion Empty
PostSubject: Curiosity on your opinion   Curiosity on your opinion EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 am

This conversation is a series of sent and received texts, I'm curious about peoples opinions on it in general, it's heavily laid with metaphors.

The world can win. I don't gain anything by winning.

You just can't see the prize yet. It's too dark around you. Put your arms out and work your way forward... Life can't stay this way.

The prize is either something that won't last, I won't like or doesn't want to be with me. I'm just a fruitless tree in a barren wasteland. I can not move.

Then someone will come along when you least expect it. With an axe. And she'll build the perfect log cabin out of you. And she'll live in your protection and be happy.

My Timber is soft. The barren ground doesn't allow my wood to be hard, my leaves to be green or for me to produce flowers or fruit. I shall fall down alone one day, and nobody will be there to hear it.

So I suppose the question is this: will you make a sound?

I will. But no one shall hear it. Although it happens it is insignificant with out one there to witness it. A story without a teller is not a story at all.

A story is only a story because events once occurred in a similar fashion to those presented. Your story is for you to decide. Metaphorical or otherwise.

A story is not a bunch of events. They require a writer to write them. A teller to tell them and a lister to listen to them. Without it, it's not a story it's an insignificant series of events.

No, what makes a story is a hero and that gets a girl and a dragon.

In my story, the writer is God. The teller is me. And the listener is you. My story is not that of a princess and a knight, but of a weltering tree.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity on your opinion   Curiosity on your opinion EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:42 am

Sounds like you're the yellow, and I'm the red. It's how we talk about girls.

P.S. Where have you been recently? I haven't seen you on MSN in oodles of time.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity on your opinion   Curiosity on your opinion EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 2:56 am

What's your actual opinion besides it "sounds like a conversation I might have".

I've been around.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Balnazzar[Bot]
Master Mage
Master Mage
Balnazzar[Bot]

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2010-06-09

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Write

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity on your opinion   Curiosity on your opinion EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 am

I thought it was you two. Anyway I might post again later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiosity on your opinion   Curiosity on your opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

Curiosity on your opinion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: