Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: ∞
Primary Move: Moderate

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:32 pm

So I got bored of the typical balanced or glass cannon mages....

Old idea, though I haven't seen it in 7.00 + versions. Max stamina, rest in essence. 14 power.

I've chosen dark - as I can rape glass cannons with FoD/Infernal/Dark tithe and I usually use skeleton mages as well - easy 425 damage with stun using missles, and the ability to block orbs/other moves. Easy 1100+ damage with plenty of stun assuming they have 70+ power overall damage. That's without even attacking with Mages/Infernal/Claw

I'll be sticking with Spell amulet or sheild or whatever the accessory is that adds 33% spell resistance. Currently I'm 45 with over 2000hp, and 33% spell resistance and have summons to soak up damage as well...Very difficult to kill me alone.

I'm looking for suggestions on my second element, what other gear I should use etc. I'll mainly be tanking - stunning - mass summoning, and killing glass mages. Also looking for any other comments or suggestions.

http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm

I'd suggest water, mana shield is nice to have, and lets you tank pretty well, not to mention how both water and dark can both pump their mana easy.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:41 pm

Really puts the M-book ultimate to waste, and doesn't let me use Infernal as much. Also, does the M-book currently have FoD as that is one of the most important spells - Maybe a FoD swap FoD for some serious pain - even balanaced mages would suffer...

Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptyFri Jun 06, 2008 9:51 pm

The M-book has replenish. If you chose water you wouldn't use the M-book. It is based on the wave abilities which are based on power. Still, no M-book Water/Dark doing Infernals every cooldown, being incredibly hard to kill, having large attack damage, lots of summons, not half bad. You could even use the water morph if you wanted to mass summons that way and/or get aoe damage on your normal attack.

Other elements? Earth maybe? Huge stunning potential and Strength + Eat Tree help you survive even more. You will have to check the M-book, but I believe it has FoD and Armageddon. (Lol, I can see it now. BOOM 280 damage...) Either Earthen Skin or Infernal on the M-book would be helpful as well, and hopefully the M-book ultimate will own. (+ you might get it sooner as Sinister seems to be doing the Dark ultimates first)

What else... Hmm... Arcane is a serious potential alternate book. Imagine having 2-3 Infernals up (this should still be possible even after the toggle reset goes away) then using Push to get someone close.

Fire maybe? If the M-book has FoD then there is potential for using the summon + the mana aura of it to help a little bit.

Wind might also be good. Use it to get up close and personal and/or keep them from running while your summons trash them. Wind Elemental lasts a very long time (Except when it bugs about 50% of the time and has 1/3-3/4 normal duration. To my knowledge this has still not been fixed.) Suffocation is also good because even thought you won't be dealing much damage, 175 mana to silence for 6 seconds (silence doesn't require channel) might be worth it. Additionally, if it has FoD again, then it might be your best choice.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:20 am

Don't have to channel for suffocation silence? Only damage? Interesting... + wind elemental while summons own + I'll probably have a high base damage fro a while with claws...Real good support.

I may just do Dark/Arcane untill a few spells come out. I won't really even be working on the mage because I have exams next week from wednsday onwards....So it might not even be 62 by the time 7.10 comes out (which will greatly influence my decision).

Gear suggestions anyone? The only thing I'm not flexible on is the accessory for 33% spell reduction. That gives me the most possible EHP with such a high health to start with.

Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 11:24 am

the gear will probably depend on what 2ndary element you get, it you go earth, you will probably want the dark boots, but the earth staff and armor for the stamina, and the resistance ammy for acc, not to mention the high armor and hp regen.
if you use water, i would aviod the ele equipment, all the spell increases are for power spells, aside from the armmor that gives water ele another level.
if wind i would get mainly the wind gear, for the extra slow on wind ele, and the huge movement speed. the extra range to WW could be very handy for either suprsing someone, or escaping, and combined 400 mana, 15 essence, 100hp and 9 stam would be useful.

and you may find non ele items that work well also
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:24 pm

Jay.J wrote:
So I got bored of the typical balanced or glass cannon mages....

I lol'd.

Quote :
Suffocation is also good because even thought you won't be dealing much damage

Are you shitting me?
(A part of me is really hoping you are implying he has 14 power. A very large part.)

558 dmg over 6 seconds. (No equips)
((62 x 1.5)x 6)
3.2 dmg per 1 mana

712.8 dmg over 6 seconds. (Wind Staff only)
((((66 x 1.5)x 20/100)+(66 x 1.5)) x 6)
4.1 dmg per 1 mana

885 dmg over 6 seconds. (Wind Necklace only)
((65 x 1.5) x 6) + (50 x 6))
5.1 dmg per 1 mana

1105.2 dmg over 6 seconds (Wind Necklace and Wind Staff only)
((((((69 x 1.5) + 50) x 20/100)) + (69 x 1.5) + 50))x 6)
6.2 dmg per 1 mana.

Granted you probably won't get the entire 6 seconds of unless you chain stuns before you Suffocate.

Some of you might say.
"But Dark. it takes 6 seconds. They could kill me in that 6 seconds".
THEY ARE SILENCED.

I am to lazy to work out every spells dmg/mana ratio BUT I am betting Suffocation is quite high up in the list.

In the end it comes down to yourself, if you don't have the common sense of when to Suffocate and when not to then that is your fault, not the spell's fault.

If you did indeed mean when he has 14 power then your correct about the damage, none the less the numbers are a good reminder of the actual damage Suffocation can deal.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Yes, I was talking about his build with 14 power. Even with the +50 and +20% things he would only deal 70-80 dps. Suffocation is the largest damage channel ability in the game, and also does the most damage for the mana of any spell. (Assuming your using Wind gear.) Life Drain comes close when used on NPC heroes that are almost dead, but it still doesn't quite match the damage of Suffocation.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:34 pm

where is this 1.5 coming from? its 1.2 at max level...unless the description is wrong in game.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:35 pm

1.2? It used to be 1.5xpower... I guess SinisteRing nerfed it when he added the accessory that boosts it by 50.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 pm

ya....which is why even w/ both wind item boosts I normally only deal about 1.1k dmg over the 6 seconds. It is also a very conditional spell, on paper it seems pwn all but it really can be hard to use sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:06 pm

*cough* on topic please Smile. Regardless, with life leech I can do some pretty decent damage to NPC heroes, even with 14power Smile. So should I wait till 7.10 to choose my element/gear?

DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 9:46 pm

DarkDjinni wrote:

1105.2 dmg over 6 seconds (Wind Necklace and Wind Staff only)
((((((69 x 1.5) + 50) x 20/100)) + (69 x 1.5) + 50))x 6)
6.2 dmg per 1 mana.

Quote :
ya....which is why even w/ both wind item boosts I normally only deal about 1.1k dmg over the 6 seconds. It is also a very conditional spell, on paper it seems pwn all but it really can be hard to use sometimes.

The retard bat smashes you in the face.

Don't blame the spell for you not being able to use it, thats like saying Icy Orb is OP because you stand in front of an Ice Mage while in MG form.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:02 pm

catches the bat
yes but I have about 80 power instead of 69, and I'd appreciate it if you actually played wind, before telling someone who ONLY plays wind how hard it is to play a wind skill.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 10:05 pm

diaster wrote:
catches the bat
yes but I have about 80 power instead of 69, and I'd appreciate it if you actually played wind, before telling someone who ONLY plays wind how hard it is to play a wind skill.

How do you know I don't play wind?
I have never played with you.

80 Power will add 60 dmg give or take. That is still in the 1.1k.

Wow, I missed the 1.2 * power nerf, got every other spell change in that version just missed that one.... weird.
Even got the spell right above it.....(Thunderstorm).

Missed the only spell listed under "Spells" rofl.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 2:39 am

Too long, didn't read any posts beyond the second...

Choose Nature - Only 3/4ths of its spells are power based...

OR for now go Earth... Strength + FoD = RAPE
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 1:52 pm

I'll probably do what Sin said, go nature (if I like it when it comes out) or go earth, as I think I can double FoD and have lots more tanking capabilities with Strength + lots more support with a bunch of stuns. Unfortunately no summons on earth Sad maybe the Earth/Dark book's ulti will be a summon :O.

Sponsored content

Taking suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taking suggestions   Taking suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Taking suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: