Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c

Go down 
+4
diaster
Jay.J
Dragonheart91
Rhys
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c Empty
PostSubject: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Direct Link
EpicWar Link
Latest ChangeLog

Any Balance issues what so ever should be discussed on the forums, even the small ones you may not think are important. enjoy 7.12c and 7.13 is shaping up to be a very big update!

Last edited by Rhys on Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:32 pm

Is the ex gain for quests added on to the original or changed to that? Because a quest giving 100exp seems ridiculous and not worth it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 pm

My bad, Its in addition to that, I should have written that in!
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 9:48 pm

I don't approve of any buff to Lightning no matter how small. Also, Crack is one of the best abilities in the game already. Your making it have less cooldown?

Raise Dead needs a much larger buff/remake.

Raise Skeleton Mage should be changed to what SinisteRing was going to do, but I guess Magician's Break is a decent filler until then.

I think that boots need an upgrade, and possibly add a few new ones. There are not alot of boot choices right now.

It seems as though your basically doing whatever you want in the changes. They generally aren't a bad thing, but there are MUCH MUCH more important things to do. I would suggest you start with the list of things that SinisteRing left behind and then work your way onto things that have been suggested and/or approved on the forum. The dozens of small tweaks your doing are much less important than the new content that is needed.

In any case, thank you for doing the work you have. We all appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:00 pm

ya i found it odd crack got buffed...and for raise skele I think that is a good step for now, lets see how it plays out before we decide it should be buffed more. I'd also like to ask deeply for a stun at the end of cyclones, for wind, it is really needed. (like .5 sec stun)
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:03 pm

Pyth is working on a system that can help with the whirlwind so thats on the list of to do soon.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 10:16 pm

System seems to be functioning correctly, i created two incredibly sexy and easy functions:

Code:
function UnitStunTarget takes unit source, unit target, real duration returns nothing

function UnitCycloneTarget takes unit source, unit target, real duration, real damage returns nothing

The cyclone function deals the damage after the unit lands, but not if the cyclone is dispelled before the duration expires.

I'm going to continue testing to see if i can manage to break my system in any way before it goes all commercial.

I'd suggest adding damage to the base cyclone ability using this function after it is implemented.

Edit: Stun functions perfectly, cyclone does not at the moment, its my first actual test of my expiredamage struct, so it should take me less than an hour to get it working.

Edit Again: Cyclone now working perfectly, added controls to allow stuns to replace one another if the new duration is greater than the old duration, but if the unit is stunned by some other method besides this function, no new stun will be applied, and units already under the effects of any cyclone cannot be cycloned again.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 am

I'm just going to note both people who find it "odd" about Cracks supposed "buff" are BOTH Wind players, who rarely if ever play Lightning themselves. +20mana for 1 less second cooldown? I think That's a nerf if anything, but really it changes little - unless you had exact mana to do a certain combo, and you're now short 20 mana. Regardless, I think they are pretty decent changes...however your changelogs suck Razz. Not color coded, meh on the organization, bolding/underlining etc. Even wording is somewhat lacking. But really that's just me being used to SinisteRing and Zync who made a very optimal format. Regardless, keep it up Smile.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 am

Um I'm not really sure what your saying, what is being asked is that you lower the cyclone duration to 3.5 seconds then add a .5 second stun to it after the unit drops, basically have the game just stun the unit for .5 seconds once the skill has finished.

@Jay I was just saying it was odd he changed crack of all skills.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:21 am

Meh, It's the little things that make the map. I think a more telling animation should be given to Crack personaly.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:41 am

diaster wrote:
Um I'm not really sure what your saying, what is being asked is that you lower the cyclone duration to 3.5 seconds then add a .5 second stun to it after the unit drops, basically have the game just stun the unit for .5 seconds once the skill has finished.

@Jay I was just saying it was odd he changed crack of all skills.

I understood what you were saying, It could be done, but it would be adding another feature to an already feature overloaded system. If Rhys wants cyclone to stun on landing, I will add it to the system.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 12:52 am

I think Cyclone needs the buff, for reasons explained in another thread.

Also, Jay I have not used Wind in a while. I've been using Water hybrids for all of the 7.xx versions.

Crack is the best movement ability in the game for EXTREMELY low mana cost. Personally I think it could use another 30 mana cost and a 4 second cooldown increase. And of course, Lightning Strike is getting changed to targeted ala Warlock when Rhys gets around to it. (Unless Rhys is going to go against SinisteRing's plans. In this case, I would argue if he did.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 1:00 am

O.o...Crack is not THAT overpowered.

Hell, honestly I think Crack is the only skill involved move that Lightning has. (atleast worth using) Since Thunderbolt still is garbage, as the mana cost for a MELEE *POSSIBLE* 4.5x dmg is outrageous. Compared to Fireball, which does 5.5x dmg when hit right on, for 50 less mana and at range.

You've been using a lot of water, yet you still must not be using Lightning, as it REALLY isn't as overpowered as you think it is. It's more like...Ogre Magi in DotA where it just seems to own when a noob uses it because of luck and very little skill involved in the actual mage. Regardless, if you want to continue this - split the topic and we can continue there.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 am

Any balances should be discussed in a normal thread, I do however enjoy the added forum activity however=)
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 3:17 am

I completely agree with you rhys, it seems what was going to kill the map has made it stronger than before...or is the candle burn brightest before it burns out?
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 am

These are the things that I have done, no real balance changes whatsoever. I will send the map to Rhys tomorrow for eventual implementation. Expect a new version whenever.

Quote :

Pythagoras Changes from 7.11
-Reworked current structs (HeroStruct, UnitStruct, MissileStruct) to use create() and destroy() methods to recycle old indexes
-Rewrote Magician's Push to be timer based
-Rewrote Ice Slide to be timer based
-Wrote an aimed version of Lightning Strike
-Reorganized Sinkhole to be much more efficient (Should no longer cause lag)
-Wrote system for explicitly timed stuns and cyclones (Ex: Enables the stunning someone for 1 second per 20 power, or for 3.1415926 seconds) This system is not in use yet.
-Wrote Channeling system and then recoded the following spells using the system:

-Flame Strike
-Geyser
-Vortex
-Burn+Armor drain effect persists throughout duration until channeling is cancelled now
-Suffocation+Silence effect persists throughout duration until channeling is cancelled now
-Heal
-Restore
-Life Leech

Changes that overlap with Rhys's
-Morph bug fixed through Disable Other Abilities flag on morph and unmorph dummy abilities
-Holy Shrine renamed

Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 9:15 am

Looking forward to seeing this in action!

As soon as I get the coding Ill put it in run a test play and if all goes well we can move onto 7.13

Moving very fast lately, this wont stay like this with the fast releases Ive had a few days off of work and Im going to start back today so after this next release were gonna try to keep new releases to once a week at the least.
Back to top Go down
Lagger09
Legendary
Legendary
Lagger09

Number of posts : 535

Your Character
Primary Move: I am the Destroyer of Time... guess...

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 2:46 pm

GJ, both of you, and thx. not much else to do but lol at Py for the Pi length stun.

I am good w/ most changes but i do hope that raise skel can get a real change to make it useful, not just a buff.
Back to top Go down
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 pm

Jay.J wrote:
your changelogs suck Razz. Not color coded, meh on the organization, bolding/underlining etc. Even wording is somewhat lacking. But really that's just me being used to SinisteRing and Zync who made a very optimal format. Regardless, keep it up Smile.
Rhys, you should have looked through the notes...
Bring up this post when I next see you on my bot. I truly need to explain a few changelog things to you. It'll make you look 3p1c pr0 to the community and makes mahself look better as well for helping you out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 11:33 pm

SinisteRing wrote:
Jay.J wrote:
your changelogs suck Razz. Not color coded, meh on the organization, bolding/underlining etc. Even wording is somewhat lacking. But really that's just me being used to SinisteRing and Zync who made a very optimal format. Regardless, keep it up Smile.
Rhys, you should have looked through the notes...
Bring up this post when I next see you on my bot. I truly need to explain a few changelog things to you. It'll make you look 3p1c pr0 to the community and makes mahself look better as well for helping you out. Very Happy

Also makes my job alot easier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c   Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c Empty

Back to top Go down

Latest Release : Alpha 7.12c
Page 1 of 1