Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

interrupt rewrite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Wind Control

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:26 pm

alright I'm sure as everyone knows, interrupt is pretty useless besides those 1-2 times a light mage uses sanc against you. My original idea was to replace it with sink hole ( a much milder version of the current) so that earth could get its combos started, which it still needs. Post some suggestions here.

Grasping earth
The earth itself comes after your enemies, stunning those in it for 1 second and slowing movement through the area by 50% for 5 seconds.

The slow and time it slows are the variables based on spell level.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:31 pm

I don't know, it's a ranged AoE stun...People can already use it to intiate then run up to fissure. Although it DOES do no damage, so a slow effect added to the end of it sounds alright. But I don't think it's as bad as it used to be since it got added stun time, though I DO think it should still be remade.

Suggestion - Stuns for 0.5/1/1.5 seconds from a 700/800/900 range in a 400/450/500 AoE. Every 3 seconds after for 12 seconds it ministuns for 1/8 of the original stun time and does 0.5x power damage. Mana cost would be increased from what it is now however.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:42 pm

but that wouldn't help the earth start their combos at all....and thats what earth need right now.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 2:45 pm

....? Explain to me how a RANGED stun DOESN'T help initiate a combo? Let's look at Freeze/DarkTithe/Firebolt/Purge/ Smite etc. as examples...All intiating moves that disable the person from afar. This has a low starting disable, but has ministuns along the way to help one catch up, and it's AoE....
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:01 pm

lol this might turn into an OP killer spell but here goes >.>

-earthen grasp-
the mage shoots out an earthwave. if the earthwave connects with a unit, the earth grasps it and holds it tight (also stuns everything in a small-ish AoE for .01 seconds). it then pulls that unit in the direction of the mage for 180/300/420range (<--TBD) over 1 second, dealing .1*power every .1 second.

this spell is basically a target spell used for positioning. damage can be taken out, range and range pulled are TBD.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:29 pm

because the stun times, and how often the other stuns go off and how long those stuns last. The skills stuns are 2 spread out to really be of much more help than the current is in starting a combo which is 0 to none.

That spell sounds pretty cool, except instead of pulling, just make it freeze them to the ground for a few seconds, aka a earth version of freezing orb.

Last edited by diaster on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:30 pm

I think both Jay J. and kuro have ideas that are worthy of implementation. They both perform the necessary function and would be a good boon to Earth as a whole. (Although they both sound imba to me and need balancing.)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:36 pm

So make the stuns less far apart... 1/8th the stun time every second for 5seconds. The idea is a mix of the "Archetype" spell for Interrupt when that was suggested, and Enigma (From DotA) Malefice skill. Regarldess, I think this skill is actually too strong and does an AMAZING job of initiating that isn't a boring old stun.
Back to top Go down

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 pm

i was thinking like

Earthen Rage

It is same AOE as interupt but it has a 2.5 secound stun and Entangles all enemys in the AOE
and it does 50 dmg a secound to them (5 dmg nub shield) so it would be like a AOE freeze but for Earth Razz
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:09 pm

So...how is a ranged AoE Freeze balanced? I mean look at freezing orb >.< It's like 10000 mana.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 4:24 pm

I still think Interrupt should be changed to Jay's suggestion of a .1 second ministun every .5-1 seconds for like 5-10 seconds. Gives it alot more interesting ways to be used and really annoys people who channel.
Back to top Go down
TanK_OwneR
Apprentice Sage
Apprentice Sage
TanK_OwneR

Number of posts : 718
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Your Character
Primary Move: Flying Face Pwn

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:22 pm

i like the mini sec stun thing it sounds cool
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Your Character

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 pm

guess it would depend how often the mini stun is...and how long the skill lasts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

interrupt rewrite Empty
PostSubject: Re: interrupt rewrite   interrupt rewrite Empty

Back to top Go down

interrupt rewrite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: