Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Approximate time till 8.00

Go down 
+3
kuro
Piddagoras
Jay.J
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Approximate time till 8.00 Empty
PostSubject: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Topic ^^. Till code reset/nature etc.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:25 pm

with mspells, arcane, new bosses and a whole lot of balancing, itll probably two months at least.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Personally I think a code reset could happen in a few weeks. I think the game is ready, do more M-spells, add Nature, and we should be ready. (With the M-books that will be a large undertaking, and also don't forget to do an island quest.) The only question in my opinion is how fast Rhys and Pythagoras will work. (And I don't mean to rush them. They can take their time as they need, and that is fine with me.)

Also, we aren't talking about beta. So we don't need to redo the terrain or add bosses before the code reset.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 5:04 pm

It could happen anytime...after Nature is implemented I suggest it is, just how long it takes to get Nature out.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:44 pm

ok I will clarify exactly where I personally stand on 8.0

This has absolutely nothing to do with any change log already planned by everyone, I will go on my pace and I will attempt to tackle the issues on the change log but I cant assume that certain issues will be handled by a certain version.

That being said here is a list of what can and cannot be done, this list is not what will be done just what is possible.

Between 7.12c (current stable map) and 7.99z(the last possible map possible before 8.0)

Terrain
Items
Spells
Units
Quests

At Code Reset of 8.0

New Elements

As you can see, literally the only reason I have to do a code reset is to introduce a new Element into the game. That being said everyone wants to know exactly when that will happen. Ok well not two months. Not next week. Somewhere between those two time frames sounds reasonable to me cheers
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:59 pm

Alright, although a code reset isn't needed, I would personaly like one >.<. 2months or less sounds good to me though. Even if it was 3months, I wouldn't complain, do go at your own pace and don't tire yourself out of working on the map like Sin did though Smile.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Jay.J wrote:
Alright, although a code reset isn't needed, I would personaly like one >.<. 2months or less sounds good to me though. Even if it was 3months, I wouldn't complain, do go at your own pace and don't tire yourself out of working on the map like Sin did though Smile.

I actually work best when i'm burning out in a big way. Although after the flames of inspiration die down its hard for me to continue. After I complete my rewrites and start working on more new content. I think two months is a fairly highball estimate, although it really depends on whether or not Rhys and myself can work out a streamlined system of multiple source change implementation, and how much time he wants to spend on it.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Personally, I think it is almost time for a code reset myself. As much as I hate starting a new mage, (It is actually more of a love-hate relationship, as I love the strategy of choosing what to make.) the amount of changes occurring could frustrate people who already chose strategies. As a matter of fact, my mage while having it's owns spells buffed has been steadily losing power as the towers get stronger. (I have no good tower killing spells.)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 7:50 pm

time frame sounds reasonable to me. go at your own pace, youre going way faster than sin did anyway; so good job Very Happy

@dragon: go make an earthmage Very Happy (earthquake>all)
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297

Your Character
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:11 am

I think Nature should come out before code reset, just so any exploitable bugs can be removed and not used to power level etc.

Just my view.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 3:40 am

Maybe release Nature and reset, then fix everything and reset again after two weeks? I dunno, how was it done when Dark came out?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 10:32 am

I think it was reset a week or two after all exploits with dark were found, though it was FAR from balanced though. FoD 10x power and killed towers Razz.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:47 pm

ya i gotta agree w/ djinni reset after nature is out.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 pm

I certainly can understand the logic, but what if I could tell you that nature will come out the first version and be completely stable and within reasonable balance levels, minor tweaks can come after in the following versions.

I can do this by testing, which I do actively on a day to day basis with any clan member who wants to play. In fact I can almost 100% promise you that every officially released map from this point on will be stable and within reasonable balance.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:39 pm

Another thing you can do is release Nature the way Wind was. When it first comes out, seriously nerf all of it's abilities regardless of how weak they look. Then, buff them slowly until balance is found. People will still play Nature for the sake of the uniqueness, so it should work. (It worked for Wind, but of course no one knew about the misdirection then. If people know, they might get frustrated.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Approximate time till 8.00   Approximate time till 8.00 Empty

Back to top Go down

Approximate time till 8.00
Page 1 of 1