Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Item Tier Discussion

Go down 
+3
Dragonheart91
diaster
SinisteRing
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Item Tier Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:07 pm

Boots
Regular – MS + 25 (Comes equipped)
Essence Tier 1 – MS + 25, Essence +3, Mana regeneration + 10%
Stamina Tier 1 – MS + 30, Stamina +3, HP regeneration + 1HP/Second
Power Tier 1- MS + 25, Power + 3, Stamina/Essence +1
Misc. Tier 1 – MS + 30, Gives blink ability (Current Blink Range/CD)

All Tier 1 Boots cost 50gold and upgrade from Regular boots.
Essence Tier 2 – MS + 30, Essence + 6, Mana regeneration +20%
Stamina Tier 2 – MS + 30, Stamina + 6, HP regeneration + 3HP/Second
Power Tier 2 – MS +30, Power + 7, Stamina/Essence + 2
Misc. Tier 2 – MS +40, Gives Blink ability (Current Blink Range/CD) +25HP/Mana

All Tier 2 Boots cost 60gold and upgrade from Tier 1 of the previous boots.
Garments

Regular – Armor + 2, HP +45 (Comes equipped)
Essence Tier 1 – Armor + 3, Essence +4, Mana Regeneration + 20%
Stamina Tier 1 – Armor + 4, Stamina +4, Hp Regeneration + 2HP/Second
Power Tier 1 – Armor + 3, Power + 5, Gives Spectral shift ability
Misc. Tier 1 – Armor + 5, MS +5, Gives Immolation ability (30HP/Sec, 200 AoE) and +25HP/Mana

All Tier 1 Garments cost 80gold and upgrade from Regular Garments.
Essence Tier 2 – Armor + 4, Essence + 12, Mana Regeneration + 40%
Stamina Tier 2 – Armor + 5, Stamina + 12, HP regeneration + 5HP/Second
Power Tier 2 – Armor + 4, Power + 15, Spectral shift ability + Shadow meld ability
Misc. Tier 2 – Armor + 7, MS +5, Gives Immolation ability (30Hp/Sec, 300AoE) and +
50HP/Mana

All Tier 2 Garments cost 90gold and upgrade from Tier 1 of the previous Garments.
Accessories

Regular – +2 armor, +25 health (Comes equipped)
Essence Tier 1 – +2 armor, +25 health, Essence + 2
Stamina Tier 1 – +2 armor, +25 health, Stamina + 2
Power Tier 1 – +2 armor, +25 health , Power + 2
Misc. Tier 1 – +2 armor, +25 health, +20 damage

All Tier 1 Accessories cost 40gold and upgrade from Regular Accessories.
Essence Tier 2 – +2 armor, +25 health, Essence + 3, Gives Jay’s Jade Jewel Ability
Stamina Tier 2 – +2 armor, +25 health, Stamina + 3, Magic Resistance +25%
Power Tier 2 – +2 armor, +25 health, Power + 2, Gives Pandern Breath ability (Based on power though 3x damage power cone)
Misc. Tier 2 – +2 armor, +50 Health/Mana, Medallion of Courage ability

All Tier 2 Accessories cost 60gold and upgrade from Tier 1 of the previous Accessories.
Staffs

Regular – +20damage, +3 to all stats (Comes equipped)
Essence Tier 1 – +40damage, +3 to all stats, and an extra +3 for Essence, +50% Mana regeneration
Stamina Tier 1 – +60damage, +3 to all stats, and an extra +8 for Stamina
Power Tier 1 – +70damage, +3 to all stats, and an extra +8 for Power
Misc. Tier 1 – + 100damage, +6 to all stats

All Tier 1 Staffs cost 80gold and upgrade from Regular Staffs.
Essence Tier 2 – +60damage, +4 to all stats, And an extra + 6 Essence, + 75% Mana regeneration
Stamina Tier 2 – +80damage, +4 to all stats, and an extra +13 Stamina
Power Tier 2 – + 90damage, +4 to all stats and an extra +13 Power
Misc. Tier 2 – +120damage, +9stats to all

All Tier 2 Staffs cost 100gold and upgrade from Tier 1 of the previous Staffs

Note: Tier 1 can be gotten at level 5, Tier 2 can be gotten at level 20 for non-elemental items

Unique items can also be implemented that have other abilities and such, Elemental Tiers will come later.

Last edited by Jay.J on Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
SinisteRing
Webmaster
Webmaster
SinisteRing

Number of posts : 2032

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Telekinetic Choke

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:10 pm

"Equipted"? The correct spelling is "equipped" Jay.J...

Either way, the tiers you made could use a bit of a rework... but I wont say anything for now.
Back to top Go down
https://zyncmmm.forumotion.com
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 pm

I probably should have spell checked regardless. No feel free to make comments now, I kind of made this in like 30mins, didn't fully think it through, which is why I posted for other people to critisize/look at it instead of giving it straight to Rhys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:22 pm

I like it, although admittedly the weapon upgrades in damage seem a bit extreme.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 1:44 pm

prices need to be reworked, at the end when all is said and done the cost of 1 piece of maxed equipment should AT LEAST cost 500g, or another tier should be added for save/load games.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 2:16 pm

You think so? I planned on pricing Elemental Gear by a LOT more, so you would actually be able to have gear before then if you wanted instead of gaving basic/regular items and like one or two peices of elemental gear.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 5:22 pm

I was not thinking of this system replacing the current items, but that seems to be what you have in mind. Your set-up is much more limiting, and seriously limits the possible diversity. I was thinking more along the lines of letting the current items upgrade with tiers, not making different boring items. (No offense, but you only get three choices for each item? That isn't nearly as fun as the current choices. -Although I will point out that right now there are only like three GOOD choices, that should be fixed by balancing not replacing.-)
Back to top Go down
kuro
Clan Chieftan
kuro

Number of posts : 1331
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your Character
Level: 2
Primary Move: invoke

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:11 pm

sounds good but weapon upgrades are hm...

e.g. damage wise its misc>power>stamina>ess...

stamina is supposed to have the most damage lol. and ess and power arent supposed to have that much dmg.
Back to top Go down
http://zyncmmm.act.st
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 6:29 pm

It's four per thing, which is generaly what is out now. Also If you look at the bottom of the first post I said "Unique" items are still suggestible, that wouldn't fit the mold but would be generaly more expensive than the normal items and would be more situational items that you might want or something. Currently there are 10 staffs, of which only 4 of EVER see usage besides the basic one. Claw, Ancestral, War and Chilly staff, which IS pretty much Stamina/Essence/Power/Other. Of the 5 boots (one being the basic), only Slippers of balance and OCCASIONALY Blink boots are ever used. Of the 9 Garments, only 3-4 of them are used, and two of them only in -anns, and one of them used as the accessory over the garment part. Those being Robe of the Magi, Giant belt of stamina, and either scale or leather mail. Of the 11/12 accessories, realisticaly only 4/5 are used. Belt of giant strength, Amulet of Spell Shield, Medallion of Courage and sometimes ring of superiority, and only recently Jay's Jade Jewel.

If you have an idea to actually tier the current items, suggest it. I think with 4 options and 2 tiers of items, unique items and then elemental items it does much more for customization. For one thing, not everyone will be getting tier 2 of the items, they may for some and not for others because they would prefer to get their elemental items faster. Some would rather have just pure non-elemental items. The different times that different mages had items would be vastly different. Some mages would have all tier one items and one elemental, or someone might still just have basic gear and one peice of elemental gear, while others still go to tier 2 on one or two items or maybe all of them and sell when they want elemental. Right now, it's basically basic gear untill elemental, with a possibility of getting one of the said items...and more often than not those items are kept as a final set because the elemental gear isn't good for that type. For example armor or accessories, a lot of people would rather Amulet of spell sheild or Belt of Giant strenth over their elemental items, or Robe of the Magi over whatever armor they have options for.

Regardless, suggest an alternative to this style if you have one. You can't just "balance" items by adding stuff or nerfing other stuff, like you saw what happened to the old MoC, it's still the same items. You need to change the system.

@Kuro: What gives you that thought process? Why shouldn't they have more or less damage?
Back to top Go down
BashAndSmash
BashAndSmash

Number of posts : 399

Your Character
Primary Move: I Zap You

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:54 pm

Have you seriously seen people use MoC?, and btw i use the elvin boots till much later for the speed boost.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptyThu Aug 07, 2008 9:57 pm

I still used MoC on one of my mages after the nerf, though I did eventually replace it but 3.5second invunerability is good to block certain moves like Icy Orb. It's effective EHP blocked can be a whole bunch, though admittadly the usage is like 1/50 or so.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Every staff needs mana regen... There are probably some other balance issues but I just skimmed. I like the organization
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item Tier Discussion   Item Tier Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Item Tier Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: