Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bosses (Difficulty)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Change This To Your Own Special Move In Your Profile

Bosses (Difficulty) Empty
PostSubject: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 pm

Rhys how hard to you want bosses.

1. High HP - Decent Damage. (Tank and Spank)
2. 2 Bosses - 1 Heals 1 DPS's (Teamwork)
3. A boss that requires strats, more then decent team work, a sense of randomness. high levels, better then average players and synergy between elements.

Remember these are just general difficulty scales.

If you want a boss that is equal to number 3, say so.

I could have some real fun if you want bosses to be equal to the number 3 difficulty range. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:04 am

I want them to be extremely difficult for anything less then 4 players maxed lvl 62.

any of those numbers sounds interesting and consider we have 8 elemental boss's to make which means 8 unique items to go with each boss. I don't know if people want to start posting a unique reward with there boss idea or if we want to just patch together ideas from around the forum or just wing it and modify it later.

In any event I did a personal test just now after I finished everything and I successfully have a Boss Quest Reward structure with working Item reward. So literally everything is ready to start putting them in now we just need concise well thought out ideas, not just threads with a compilation of everyones ideas mixed together in one giant bowl of soup.
Back to top Go down
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:08 am

Rhys wrote:
I want them to be extremely difficult for anything less then 4 players maxed lvl 62.

any of those numbers sounds interesting and consider we have 8 elemental boss's to make which means 8 unique items to go with each boss. I don't know if people want to start posting a unique reward with there boss idea or if we want to just patch together ideas from around the forum or just wing it and modify it later.

In any event I did a personal test just now after I finished everything and I successfully have a Boss Quest Reward structure with working Item reward. So literally everything is ready to start putting them in now we just need concise well thought out ideas, not just threads with a compilation of everyones ideas mixed together in one giant bowl of soup.

Il post an entire boss fight and post it up within a week or so.

But this boss will probably be quite OP Twisted Evil .
I am aiming to create a boss that requires extreme team work, synergy, a fun interesting fight and the higher tier of players to beat.

Will probably be the hardest boss, so I am assuming the best reward, but il leave the reward to you.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:12 am

I guess in addition to bumping the thread with my idea, I will post a new thread detailing the whole fight and the reward. I also suggest that bosses give massive exp/gold/skill points to anyone who was in the bosses area for at least 30 seconds of the fight.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:13 am

I hope this boss is no Panzy. Should be like 5x harder than the Paladin. I can solo him no problem, without other mages interfering that is.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
DarkDjinni
God of Ice
God of Ice
DarkDjinni

Your Character

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) EmptySun Aug 17, 2008 1:16 am

Jay.J wrote:
I hope this boss is no Panzy. Should be like 5x harder than the Paladin. I can solo him no problem, without other mages interfering that is.

You have nothing to fear with the boss I suggest, I seriously believe it will be nerfed straight away.

It won't be a push over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bosses (Difficulty)   Bosses (Difficulty) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bosses (Difficulty)
Page 1 of 1