Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where the old players come back to what once was grand

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slight Terrain changes/New command

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Number of posts : 3470
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Your Character
Level:
Primary Move: Moderate

Slight Terrain changes/New command Empty
PostSubject: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

1. The water that goes around the fountain range to be reduced. I'm thinking like 300-400 AoE. Reason is for a slight buff to an underused Blink boots. Let them be able to traverse that distance. Increasing the range of Blink boots isn't the answer because it will then rival a no-mana Crack.

2. -rng X. Shows the range that X is. For example, -rng 600, shows a ring of 600 around you. So you can have a better general idea of the range. With camera's going up and down and such, it might be useful for spell's and stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://lolcatz.jayj
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Level: 1
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Do you know how much coding and difficult that range suggestion would waste? You can learn the range of something just by using it a couple of times. (And you said my suggestion was a waste of code...)
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:25 pm

It's in Enfos. Except for aqusation range. You can easily take the code from there... It's for more than knowing how far a spell goes though... It has other purposes as well.
Back to top Go down
Dragonheart91
Godlike Sage
Godlike Sage
Dragonheart91

Number of posts : 2358

Your Character
Primary Move: Cursed Waves (pwned much?)

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:26 pm

The water suggestion is fine though. That serves no real purpose and sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
diaster
Ultimate Sage
Ultimate Sage
diaster

Number of posts : 1378

Your Character
Primary Move: Wind Control

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm

really? I'll have to check that out! cause that sounds really cool, do all version have it?
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 pm

No I don't know if it's in every version. It's a command like -acquisition # or something. It changes your acquisition to the number you specify, and then shows a ring of what that AoE is. It's used for mages so they don't draw attention by auto attacking.
Back to top Go down
Piddagoras
Map Maker
Piddagoras

Number of posts : 592
Registration date : 2008-05-22

Your Character
Primary Move: Cosines and Sines.

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm

This could easily be done using text tags and could easily be made so they are only visible to the player that issued the command.

Added to list.
Back to top Go down
Rhys
Map Maker
Rhys

Number of posts : 719
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Your Character
Primary Move: Atomic Tea-Bag

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm

I didnt know enfos had that either, it does sound cool.

Anyways I see no issue with the terrain changes, the question is would you want the increased land mass to come from the inside or outside of the middle? basically by doing it from the inside your increasing the size of the middle area.
Back to top Go down
Jay.J
Head Admin
Head Admin
Jay.J

Your Character
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:40 pm

I don't know if it really matters or has much of an impact. I guess the middle unless someone can think of a reason to do it from the outside instead?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slight Terrain changes/New command   Slight Terrain changes/New command Empty

Back to top Go down

Slight Terrain changes/New command
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Old Mages Magic & Mayhem Gamers Forum :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: